GDT: Seattle Kraken Draft & Trades II - 8 PM ESPN2, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I have the Sox on the tv and this thing on my phone.

I have no clue why I'm still multitasking this but alas~

What, you don't want to see the adventures of Kevin Weekes as he is forced to be a less interesting Indiana Jones and finding all of Seattle's roster over the city?

Reactions: Mione134

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The 35 year old centres thing bugs the hell out of me.

You know why that doesn't happen? Because most centres aren't playing to the level that we see out of Krejci and Bergeron! Most of the time, they see a steep decline. That's not what we have.

Why get caught up on age when the real question is ability? These are capable guys until they prove otherwise.

I think that's one reason. Another could be because older players are more likely to get injured. But I worry that the biggest reason is that 36 year olds can't out compete 20 year olds in their prime.

Look at the age of the centers driving Cup winners the last 10 years; Point (25), O'Reilly (27), Kuznetsov (25), Crosby (28), Toews (26), Kopitar (26), Bergeron (25).

Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Seattle is going to be terrible but tough with a very sizable roster. They may assert themselves as an entertaining team for those of us who enjoy fighting and physicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad