Seattle Center Arena construction status

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm not sure I would trust the mentioned ready by October 12th date. I mean seriously, after all the prior delays? I think there is a better chance the team plays the entire first half of the season on the road.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I'm not sure I would trust the mentioned ready by October 12th date. I mean seriously, after all the prior delays? I think there is a better chance the team plays the entire first half of the season on the road.

That's just total scaremongering.

Mid October has been mentioned for a long time and they're already installing the seats etc.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA

You're acting as if all those prior delays were self inflicted. Not sure if you heard, but there was a global pandemic that kind of shut everything down. Shocking, I know. There is literally zero evidence to even suggest they'll be half a season late. Ridiculous.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Having seen this before, they are definitely on track for mid-October. Might be a bumpy start if they don't have a trial event, but it'll happen on time judging entirely by where they are in the process right now.

Reactions: andys

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
The first few games may have issues (e.g. seating issues, scoreboard, sound etc) but it's looking good and it's only July.

Reactions: andys

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Delays are just part of the game as far as commercial construction goes, although there is much more focus on a sports venue that the public expects to start using by a certain date.
The pandemic wouldn't have changed the story much in terms of manpower but what *has* been affected are the lead times for wood, steel and other building materials.
The mills are working hard to get caught up, though.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
That probably can't be helped since its a roof beam and the roof being historic landmark can't be touched and if you are seated its probably not that bad. You should see what the interier looked like before it was redone inside.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
That probably can't be helped since its a roof beam and the roof being historic landmark can't be touched and if you are seated its probably not that bad. You should see what the interier looked like before it was redone inside.

Those two or three top rows of seats are absolutely useless for any event. A huge beam in front of them....

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020

Does climate pledge arena have a lot of restricted view seats? The seats in the pic are in a horrible spot

Is that the press box? If so i imagine it'll be like other arenas around the league where they just slap a TV on the backside so fans can see replays and whatnot. The 3D seating chat makes it seem like the whole sheet of ice will be visible which at the end of the day is the most important thing.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Is that the press box? If so i imagine it'll be like other arenas around the league where they just slap a TV on the backside so fans can see replays and whatnot. The 3D seating chat makes it seem like the whole sheet of ice will be visible which at the end of the day is the most important thing.
that's fine and all but is that the case for the seats all the way at the top?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I don’t go to sporting events to watch other fans, I go to watch the sport and that seat seems to have a view of nearly all of the ice. I’ll take it. It’s a low cost seat and that’s what you get with those.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I don’t go to sporting events to watch other fans, I go to watch the sport and that seat seems to have a view of nearly all of the ice. I’ll take it. It’s a low cost seat and that’s what you get with those.
I like sitting in the upper deck because you can see the play unfold and it is easier to evaluate individual player positioning and their impact on the game without the puck, but if these seats don't allow fans to see the scoreboard, game clock, or replay screens, I have to agree that there is a problem.

*edit* n/m, looks like maybe they will have televisions on that wall right in front of those seats that probably have that information. May take some getting used to for fans that are used to open arenas, but might actually be a positive for some fans having the TVs there to get a better view.

I am guessing that with all things new and different, it will be quite polarizing, with some fans loving it, and others blaming Ron Francis for poor arena design.

Last edited:

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
I like sitting in the upper deck because you can see the play unfold and it is easier to evaluate individual player positioning and their impact on the game without the puck, but if these seats don't allow fans to see the scoreboard, game clock, or replay screens, I have to agree that there is a problem.

*edit* n/m, looks like maybe they will have televisions on that wall right in front of those seats that probably have that information. May take some getting used to for fans that are used to open arenas, but might actually be a positive for some fans having the TVs there to get a better view.

I am guessing that with all things new and different, it will be quite polarizing, with some fans loving it, and others blaming Ron Francis for poor arena design.

84150320f7c48f51a376e775d2d67575.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad