Seattle arena to be called Climate Pledge Arena (Amazon)

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Then name it Planet Green Arena, I don't think anybody is against making the Earth greener, but there were so many interesting concepts within the green field which all you could come up with was that? Yikes Amazon.

Its nothing more than a PR stunt of a see see i care about the environment. btw amazon's carbon footprint is up 15%.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I might be in the minority but I kinda like it. Pushes a good cause which correlates with the arena going green, it's only the 2nd arena in the NHL I believe without a corporate name (MSG being the other), and I've already seen a few people call it "The CPA" which to me is a pretty cool nickname similar to the ACC.

It seems cheesy and dumb at first glance but I think I prefer this to say Amazon Arena and it sure beats some of the other dumb corporate names I've seen like Jobing.com Arena and Guaranteed Rate Field.

Reactions: PurpleMouse

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't mind it. Better than literally being named after a corporation.

It's not an empty title either given that the stadium is entirely green/net-zero carbon (post-completion - I doubt the construction was net-zero).

It's a small step forward, but still a good one to take. Any bit helps regarding global warming.

BoltsFanSinceDay1

Apr 27, 2019
Useless Arena
Here is the perfect t shirt they can sell:
upload_2020-6-25_20-41-22.png

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
If we want to talk corporate social responsibility, naming a stadium in a PR move is pretty damn far down the list of things Amazon should be doing.

Agreed there is a lot more stuff Bezos can do like how about reducing the carbon footprint of the amazon warehouses.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad