Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
Lol your welcome 22 years of supporting this organization is enough I’ll still cheer for the team not the organization. I don’t need to give them anymore money. But hey feel free to continue spending your money.
let’s not actually get into who is or who isn’t the more knowledgeable hockey fan

Did you give up your tickets? asking for a friend. Are you calling up first thing tomorrow begging to get them back explaining what a "true fan through and through" you are? Also do not humor yourself, looking back at some of your gems prior to this run of comments just proves how "knowledgeable" you are.

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
Has anyone received their season seat renewal package for the 21/22 season. Heard that they were being sent out.

Beerad

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton
Yep I received mine today, pretty standard stuff. Sounds like they’re hoping to have limited capacity for the playoffs, season ticket holders would have first dibs if it happens.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Yep I received mine today, pretty standard stuff. Sounds like they’re hoping to have limited capacity for the playoffs, season ticket holders would have first dibs if it happens.

Prices are the same. Only wrinkle is that if you pay in full by early May you get a 3% discount on your seats. Pay by early September and it’s still the standard 2%.

You also get the 5% points rebate for any money still held by the Oilers.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Curious why they wanting money now when no guarantee of fans in arena next season lol. Even then, there is no information if they being vaccinated is mandatory or what not.

Beerad

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton
There’ll be fans in the stands at some capacity next season, I’d put money on that. Things have to start to get back to normal at some time.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Curious why they wanting money now when no guarantee of fans in arena next season lol. Even then, there is no information if they being vaccinated is mandatory or what not.

I’m pretty sure them asking for a 15% deposit right now is simply their way of gauging the pulse of who will, and who will not be renewing their seats.
They need to find out who won’t be renewing their seats sooner than later, so that any non-renewed seats will be made available to other seat holders for the season seat upgrade event in June.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I’m pretty sure them asking for a 15% deposit right now is simply their way of gauging the pulse of who will, and who will not be renewing their seats.
They need to find out who won’t be renewing their seats sooner than later, so that any non-renewed seats will be made available to other seat holders for the season seat upgrade event in June.

And maybe I’m missing something but everyone still holding season seats should’ve paid their minimum balance anyway by now. Especially with the credit from games not played in 2020.

They are giving a 3% discount if paid in full today, the usual 2% if paid by September and the usual payment plans they’ve used in the past.

My guess is the organization needs some cash influx or just want to see where the commitment is from their fans. Not sure where I’ll be if there is any mandatory vaccine requirement. As someone who sells about 1/3 of my seats to offset my costs it could make selling my tickets an even more difficult task.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
Prices for the split seem quite high? It's higher than 50% of the full season price.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
2021 22_Split_SeasonSeats_SSH

Split season seat option for 2021-2022 in a few selected areas
They are going to have to get creative I think to sell out again, the economy in Alberta has been hit so hard, I like the idea of a split. I would also like a choose your power pack type deal. I used to buy the power packs but I stopped because I work a shift rotation and the pack I ended up getting I’d have to sell half the games. I know last season that there was fans they were doing like mini choose 2 games power packs and stuff.

Last edited:

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009

Highly doubt that happens. They only really have a month to get approval from AHS to have fans. I doubt the Covid situation is improved enough by then.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009

I don't think they will require proof of vaccination.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It's also a cash flow thing. They have expenses to meet between noww and the start of teh next season. The expansion money is a good start but getting some additional cash up front has value to the team.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
They are going to have to get creative I think to sell out again, the economy in Alberta has been hit so hard, I like the idea of a split. I would also like a choose your power pack type deal. I used to buy the power packs but I stopped because I work a shift rotation and the pack I ended up getting I’d have to sell half the games. I know last season that there was fans they were doing like mini choose 2 games power packs and stuff.
I think the split seats option is a great idea. I am planning on retiring in Edmonton and this is something I'd seriously consider. I had full season teickets for a long time when I was a lot younger and hardly ever missed a game. But at my current age and stage in life the split seat option would be a better fit. It's basically one night a week.

Reactions: Smartguy

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Haven't heard anything from Oilers in a month. Season seat relocation?

I had called to inquire about this at the very end of May, and they said that the initial target of early-mid June has been pushed back a bit.
They wouldn't give me a concrete date, but were hoping for late-June, or early July.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad