Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I don't have any horse in this race but what an astute move by the Buffalo org, and which has the also prudent effect of potentially retaining those STH. Its the right thing to do imo and a smart thing to do. These are very atypical times and some people are going to feel comfortable going back to crowded events and some will not, and may take some time, or more time for reassurance than pandemic is over.

Yup.

You can also add that not everyone is going to want to go to games at 25%, 50% or 75% capacities and would probably rather stay home.

What would be great is if the Oilers started asking fans in anticipation of reduced capacities who wants to be inside the building. A simple survey. If they find that 50% of their STH want to attend even if the capacity is 25% divide up games amongst them and let the remaining fans wait to decide until the arena is back at 100% capacity.

Reactions: Simby

Beerad

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton
I’ve received several surveys asking that exact question along with others.

Yup.

You can also add that not everyone is going to want to go to games at 25%, 50% or 75% capacities and would probably rather stay home.

What would be great is if the Oilers started asking fans in anticipation of reduced capacities who wants to be inside the building. A simple survey. If they find that 50% of their STH want to attend even if the capacity is 25% divide up games amongst them and let the remaining fans wait to decide until the arena is back at 100% capacity.

Beerad

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton
I have yet to receive any such emails and I have been season seat holder 24 yrs now. Thx for the info

There’s been 2 sent out, both asking if you’d be comfortable coming back into the rink once mass gatherings are allowed. Then also what would make you more comfortable doing so, enhanced cleaning, masks, less capacity etc. Not sure what I’ll do.

How do you drink beer with dumb masks on though? Designated beer drinking area or?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
There’s been 2 sent out, both asking if you’d be comfortable coming back into the rink once mass gatherings are allowed. Then also what would make you more comfortable doing so, enhanced cleaning, masks, less capacity etc. Not sure what I’ll do.

How do you drink beer with dumb masks on though? Designated beer drinking area or?

Personally, if they can’t deliver on the whole deal when hockey returns, I’d rather wait another year or so till this is all sorted and back to normal. I don’t need a packed house every night but a buzzing building makes it fun. I watched games during the shit times of ‘93-‘96 when you’d go and the place would be half full or 60% and it sucked. And I can’t imagine paying even full STH price to sit with 6000 fans in an 18K building to watch a game.

Just got back from Harry Potter at Telus IMAX tonight and while I tip my hat to the effort from TWOS I’m not dying to go back and deal with the truncated experience anytime soon.

lbc9876

Apr 5, 2019
Oilers still haven’t paid me for the refund of the March games that I asked for in September. I wrote angry emails eventually telling them to give me my money or cancel my season tickets. They told me they would process my cancellation.... they refuse to give me the refund in a Timely fashion... what a joke this organization is.

Reactions: Ck1

oreos2334

Jul 14, 2016
Anyone hear from the Oilers regarding tickets?
I haven't received any communication from the Oilers since mid-November. With the holidays I didn't really expect anything of substance until the New Year but a quick email update after the season start date was announced may have been nice...

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I remembered I never got my lithograph poster (what was it this year? I got my arena one, Draisaitl and Nurse ones) and I still have $20+ in Oiler bucks to spend. Wonder if they’ll honour those when we are allowed back in.

Reactions: oreos2334

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
This came from the Oilers today:

January 4, 2021
STH,
The Oilers are back on the ice! It took a while, but Training Camp has opened and after a long wait, we are now less than ten days away from the start of the 2020-21 National Hockey League season.
While the season will commence without fans in Rogers Place, we do have five important updates to share with you today related to your Oilers Season Seats:
  1. Regardless of whether fans are allowed in Rogers Place at some point this season, we are protecting your season seat rights and transferring them to the 2021-22 season. If fans are allowed this season, we expect it will be in a reduced format, which will limit our ability to accommodate all our Season Seat Holders at the same time.
  2. If limited fans are allowed in Rogers Place in 2020-21, Oilers Season Seat Holders will receive first option on any ticket packages made available. At this point we do not know what format those packages may take, but we will communicate your options as the possibility of fans increases.
  3. Season Seat Renewal and Season Seat Relocation will take place this spring as we prepare to welcome all our Season Seat Holders back to Rogers Place for 2021-22. We will be providing full details in the coming weeks and expect to include new payment incentives with your renewal options.
  4. Although you did not sign up for the 5% Annualized Rebate on your account credit last May, we are going to retroactively apply the 5% Annualized Rebate to your account as you have not withdrawn any credits during the last nine months. You will now receive the full 5% Annualized Rebate on the credit amount in your account from April 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021. This rebate is only contingent on you continuing to leave your full credit on account through April 30, 2021, and then renewing your season seats for the 2021-22 season. Your rebate will be paid automatically in the form of an account credit after you have renewed your season seats.
  5. Any Oilers Bucks you may still have on hand from the 2019-20 season will remain valid until the conclusion of the 2021-22 regular season.
We can’t wait for the puck to drop in just ten days and hope you feel the same. Certainly, a schedule comprised of only our Canadian rivals will make for edge-of-the-seat viewing for Oilers fans this year.
We wish you and your family the best of health and remind you there is nothing you need to do at this time to protect all your Season Seat rights and options.
We will be in touch again in the coming weeks, but until then, Let’s Go Oilers!
All the best in 2021,
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
%7B729b7b36-0c8c-4b0f-b3e5-794a0a6b64fc%7D_MSmart_Signature.png
Melissa Smart
Director, Premium Seating, Season Seats and Service
Oilers Entertainment Group
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
This came from the Oilers today:

January 4, 2021
STH,
The Oilers are back on the ice! It took a while, but Training Camp has opened and after a long wait, we are now less than ten days away from the start of the 2020-21 National Hockey League season.
While the season will commence without fans in Rogers Place, we do have five important updates to share with you today related to your Oilers Season Seats:
  1. Regardless of whether fans are allowed in Rogers Place at some point this season, we are protecting your season seat rights and transferring them to the 2021-22 season. If fans are allowed this season, we expect it will be in a reduced format, which will limit our ability to accommodate all our Season Seat Holders at the same time.
  2. If limited fans are allowed in Rogers Place in 2020-21, Oilers Season Seat Holders will receive first option on any ticket packages made available. At this point we do not know what format those packages may take, but we will communicate your options as the possibility of fans increases.
  3. Season Seat Renewal and Season Seat Relocation will take place this spring as we prepare to welcome all our Season Seat Holders back to Rogers Place for 2021-22. We will be providing full details in the coming weeks and expect to include new payment incentives with your renewal options.
  4. Although you did not sign up for the 5% Annualized Rebate on your account credit last May, we are going to retroactively apply the 5% Annualized Rebate to your account as you have not withdrawn any credits during the last nine months. You will now receive the full 5% Annualized Rebate on the credit amount in your account from April 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021. This rebate is only contingent on you continuing to leave your full credit on account through April 30, 2021, and then renewing your season seats for the 2021-22 season. Your rebate will be paid automatically in the form of an account credit after you have renewed your season seats.
  5. Any Oilers Bucks you may still have on hand from the 2019-20 season will remain valid until the conclusion of the 2021-22 regular season.
We can’t wait for the puck to drop in just ten days and hope you feel the same. Certainly, a schedule comprised of only our Canadian rivals will make for edge-of-the-seat viewing for Oilers fans this year.
We wish you and your family the best of health and remind you there is nothing you need to do at this time to protect all your Season Seat rights and options.
We will be in touch again in the coming weeks, but until then, Let’s Go Oilers!
All the best in 2021,
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
%7B729b7b36-0c8c-4b0f-b3e5-794a0a6b64fc%7D_MSmart_Signature.png
Melissa Smart
Director, Premium Seating, Season Seats and Service
Oilers Entertainment Group
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

All in all I’m happy I’m not obligated to buy anything this year. My feelings are there is so much uncertainty that I’m glad this is something I don’t need to add to my life as well.

That said I still don’t quite understand the 5% rebate. Mostly my rep explained it so poorly. I’m assuming that if I owe $6000 for the season and have paid/credited $2500 my $2500 will be counted as $2625 and all I’ll owe now is $3375 not $3500.

Wonder if they’ll float a few extra Oilers bucks as gratitude as well.

Reactions: oreos2334

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
it seems like they think fans will be allowed in October 2021 for the season to start? i highly doubt that still happens.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Don’t f***ing care if we have drai and McDavid I’m not wasting another penny on this sad sack team anymore. Getting ahold of oilers next week to tell them I’m done giving them any more money

Reactions: Cam98

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Good riddance, one less "knowledgeable" fan in the building
Lol your welcome 22 years of supporting this organization is enough I’ll still cheer for the team not the organization. I don’t need to give them anymore money. But hey feel free to continue spending your money.
let’s not actually get into who is or who isn’t the more knowledgeable hockey fan

Last edited:

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Lol your welcome 22 years of supporting this organization is enough I’ll still cheer for the team not the organization. I don’t need to give them anymore money. But hey feel free to continue spending your money.
let’s not actually get into who is or who isn’t the more knowledgeable hockey fan

Agreed, the $21,000 I am saving this year that isn't going to the oilers feels amazing. I got zero plans on renewing. Money best spent elsewhere, especially with the resale market on game days so f***ing cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad