Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 4

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Wont lie. I didn’t either but am curious just for the fact it affects so many other things if it indeed is held here. Especially if it includes fans (and no, I don’t expect that to happen...)
I don’t think they have said anything since the end of May

“We’re not going to make any decision on World Juniors until late in the summer, maybe into September,” said Nicholson.“We hope we’ll have fans back in the building November or December. We don’t want to play the World Juniors in Edmonton without fans. I think everyone is on that same page. If we had to, we’d postpone it a year. But that’s not where we are. We hope to be playing here in December. The building is sold out already.”

I don’t think they’ve announced anything, but I would think in the next few weeks the latter of Nicholson’s comments will happen, in that they will post pone Edmonton hosting for a year. I put my name down but wasn’t drawn to purchase either of the packs. Super glad now as it’s very likely I would assume that even if it is post poned the OEG would probably be keeping the money people spent till next year.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Rene Fasel: We won't be able to play WJC with spectators in December. That's for sure. We're waiting for financial proposal from Hockey Canada by mid-September

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
With confirmation now about the WJCs what is everyone's plan who purchased packages? I am thinking of just getting a refund on both packages I bought to get back $5280 and put money into something that can make me money lol. But I also don't want to risk losing my seats in 2021, but still there is no guarantee if fans will be in arena in 2021 and having that much money sit and wait and not accrue likely isn't worth it.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
With confirmation now about the WJCs what is everyone's plan who purchased packages? I am thinking of just getting a refund on both packages I bought to get back $5280 and put money into something that can make me money lol. But I also don't want to risk losing my seats in 2021, but still there is no guarantee if fans will be in arena in 2021 and having that much money sit and wait and not accrue likely isn't worth it.

Not trying to sway you one way or another but the pool Canada had here waiting for them in December was junk. Had they had the same pool from last year (I believe USA, Russia, Finland or Sweden plus Germany - just off top of my head) was a winner. This year they are all junk except maybe one team.
If there are cancellations and openings I’ll be up for tickets next time if Canada has a better pool or there’s a better format.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Anyone know when seat relocation is scheduled for? Should be plenty of choices Id say.
Last email I received was on September 3 stating they would inform me at a later date when they will start taking payments Other then that nothing

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
Anyone know when seat relocation is scheduled for? Should be plenty of choices Id say.

One of their previous e-mails said you could get a full refund within 7 days of the official announcement of the season so if they did relocation prior to that, it won't be the full selection of seats available as I imagine a lot of people are still signed up to renew but will ask for a refund when the time comes.

At least one team, I think Buffalo, are allowing STH's to keep their seat for the 2021-2022 season even if they do not choose to take tickets for 2020-2021. It would be nice if the Oilers offered this.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
That would be nice if the Oilers offered back your same season seats the following year. Might go a long way in creating some additional - and much needed - goodwill with this fan base.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
That would be nice if the Oilers offered back your same season seats the following year. Might go a long way in creating some additional - and much needed - goodwill with this fan base.

Ya it will depend on how many people choose to not renew and how many people want to come off the waiting list to purchase tickets.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Just got an email from Oilers - everything has been pushed back about a month.

If you were planning to pay in full to get a 2% rebate that fulfillment is due mid-November. So we shall see what happens next.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Just got an email from Oilers - everything has been pushed back about a month.

If you were planning to pay in full to get a 2% rebate that fulfillment is due mid-November. So we shall see what happens next.

It has to get delayed again, doesnt make sense for people to pay for full season when we wont get one

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Can anyone tell me more about the "extra wide" seats option? How wide are regular seats and how wide are the extra wide seats? I am a bigger guy and I am intrigued by these so called wide seats. Would be nice to have extra room!

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Can anyone tell me more about the "extra wide" seats option? How wide are regular seats and how wide are the extra wide seats? I am a bigger guy and I am intrigued by these so called wide seats. Would be nice to have extra room!

Check out Rogers Place seat map; might have more information. What I was able to cull is that regular seats are 19” and extra wide are 22”. Not sure if the price warrants the extra 3” but that’s not my place to say.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: NucksRuleYep

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Check out Rogers Place seat map; might have more information. What I was able to cull is that regular seats are 19” and extra wide are 22”. Not sure if the price warrants the extra 3” but that’s not my place to say.
Hope that helps.

And in lower bowl appears to top out at 21”. Not sure if there are larger seats down below but it appears not.

And for the record I haven’t sat in the extra large seats in upper bowl. The 19” seats are way too small and I’m a pretty average size.

Reactions: NucksRuleYep

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Last year moved to an aisle, in the upper deck, in part to see the difference with the wider seats. In larger part because we were in Row 2 of the upper deck and really struggled with leaners because of the bar the 1st row needs to look through. I quite liked the difference in size, it particularly makes shoulder to shoulder much more comfortable.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Last year moved to an aisle, in the upper deck, in part to see the difference with the wider seats. In larger part because we were in Row 2 of the upper deck and really struggled with leaners because of the bar the 1st row needs to look through. I quite liked the difference in size, it particularly makes shoulder to shoulder much more comfortable.

I’ve sat in my father-in-laws lower bowl seats at centre ice as well as my DRL. Only once have I sat in the upper bowl and man, was it tight. I was there with a buddy and felt like we were going steady or something. There are a few things I don’t love about Rogers Place (and many I do) but the upper bowl 19” seats are way too small. Some have said in past threads they want to pack as many seats in as possible. Fine, but you need people to want to buy those seats and going into year 5 I’m not sure there is a lineup to get those seats anymore.

Reactions: Simby

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I’ve sat in my father-in-laws lower bowl seats at centre ice as well as my DRL. Only once have I sat in the upper bowl and man, was it tight. I was there with a buddy and felt like we were going steady or something. There are a few things I don’t love about Rogers Place (and many I do) but the upper bowl 19” seats are way too small. Some have said in past threads they want to pack as many seats in as possible. Fine, but you need people to want to buy those seats and going into year 5 I’m not sure there is a lineup to get those seats anymore.
I bought a power pack 2 years in a row in the upper bowl when the rink first opened, it was horrible, I ended up selling the majority of the games and paid more to move down to the upper bowl. The seats are super tight, I’m a smaller guy and I thought that, and the higher you are there’s like a constant draft, I think I put in here before my significant other borderline had to leave because she thought she was going to freeze. I will never pay a penny to sit up there again, would much rather watch from home.

Once this all ends and a large majority of people probably still carry the fear of being close to others, forgetting the obliterated economy, I can’t imagine upper bowls selling for much.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Had them when we had ST's. If you're physically inclined, well worth it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
One of their previous e-mails said you could get a full refund within 7 days of the official announcement of the season so if they did relocation prior to that, it won't be the full selection of seats available as I imagine a lot of people are still signed up to renew but will ask for a refund when the time comes.

At least one team, I think Buffalo, are allowing STH's to keep their seat for the 2021-2022 season even if they do not choose to take tickets for 2020-2021. It would be nice if the Oilers offered this.

I don't have any horse in this race but what an astute move by the Buffalo org, and which has the also prudent effect of potentially retaining those STH. Its the right thing to do imo and a smart thing to do. These are very atypical times and some people are going to feel comfortable going back to crowded events and some will not, and may take some time, or more time for reassurance than pandemic is over.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad