Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I don’t think there was anyway they could justify a price increase. But it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them make up that money on the merchandise and food/beverage side.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
My pairs in the second and third cheapest areas in upperbowl remain the same. This was expected, as it isn't realistic to expect them to lower prices.
The ability to buy extra tickets at season ticket holder price is a nice perk.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Whats the thoughts on the "Perks"
To me no real addition in value, my costs for food/beverage are minimum (unless cocktails included which would help) as i eat off site do to average food and above average cost
The site tours, if they include locker rooms, benches, ect i can see being interesting one time
overall not bad due to the lack of increases but feel like they had an opportunity to do something bigger but fell short with free to them gimmicks
on the fence to renew, values not there but dam i love hockey....

Reactions: Simby

ibis284

Oct 13, 2006
in the letter...
* An Increase to the ticket price listing minimums on the Oiler Ticket Exchange to better protect your season ticket investment
2 years late but at least one of those buffoons figured it out.

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
in the letter...
* An Increase to the ticket price listing minimums on the Oiler Ticket Exchange to better protect your season ticket investment
2 years late but at least one of those buffoons figured it out.
lol you think this is a perk? How about reducing the fees on the site so that Ticketmaster and the Oilers aren't double-dipping as hard on season ticket holders. The secondary market was already moving away from the site, this is just going to push it even further.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
They really are calling being allowed to watch the Oilers practice a perk?

I wonder if those other teams charged those Columbus/Carolina fans that showed up for their teams playoff practices, or maybe only allowed in certain types...

Somehow I doubt it.

Messier11

May 9, 2016
Frankly, I think the organizations efforts are characteristically misguided and fall short of the mark.

I have Loge and Club seats. With respect to the Loge seats, we are now being offered pizza on Loge...woohoo. Seriously, it is nice to grab it on the Loge level rather than lose your intermission to going down. But, as I feel for all levels, the pizza should really be artisanal or something from a local provider who has had access to the infrastructure to make those pizzas fast. Pizza 73 is just crap. Plain crap. Blaze or 800 Degrees would be better. They are also adding the dessert cart from the suites level which I am sure will make some people happy. Aside from that, the perks, incentives, appeasements are the same as the other levels.

What I take exception to is the fact that anyone is seeing an increase in their season ticket prices at all. That is an affront to anyone who is a STH and who has supported this team for the last decade. We have been told that our Loge tickets will incur a 0% increase from last year, and the yearly escalator percentage for the next two years has been cut, I think, by a percentage point per year.

The prudent thing to do would be to be genuine about your remorse to your STH base. Truly roll back ticket prices by 5% or 10%. Hold everything else constant. By saying that you are saving me 10-15% on the crap food that you serve means nothing to me. You want me to spend more money in order to realize a saving that is compensation for our inept management and team performance? Really?

How many tours of the building do I need to take in order to get the taste of the last few years out of my mouth? How many overpriced, substandard beer offerings do I need to down in order to be too inebriated to care that this anything but a slimy peace offering?

More than anything, reading that people in the arena are actually incurring an increase in their season ticket prices is just so fundamentally wrong, ignorant, and insulting.

My $0.02.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Can anyone photoshop OBC heads onto their bodies? It's for a different thread, I swear.

and-then-we-5cc8ff.jpg

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The Please Stay offer came with fancier gift wrapping then I remember ever getting. Bad memory is thinking there was something after the lost year lockout.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
In Terry Jones' article this morning, he mentioned there's still 2000 on the waiting list...for a bad hockey team that's missed the playoffs 12 of 13 years lol
Many people pass on tickets while moving up the list. 2000 on the list is not 2000 who would buy tickets if they were offered.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
so who's not re-newing now that you know Mcrimmon didnt come here because he wants full control and OEG doesnt like that.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
In Terry Jones' article this morning, he mentioned there's still 2000 on the waiting list...for a bad hockey team that's missed the playoffs 12 of 13 years lol

And people wonder why the Oilers continue to suck

Katz can run his team like a hobby and gather as many former Oilers as possible. Because there is nothing else to do it Edmonton, fans will continue to buy season tickets regardless of the crap on ice product

This is exactly why smaller hockey market US teams do way better. They dont have the STH pool to rely on, They actually have to build a good team in order to get casual fans to attend

I will never tell anyone how to spend their money. Some people buy 6 brand new quads, some people buy Oilers season tickets. But it is important to point out that fans auto renewing seasons just enables Katz to drive this team into the gorund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad