Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Pigeon hole? Well he saw a pigeon that being the city of Edmonton. At least the City of Edmonton has shown what not to do in regard to an arena and calgary has seen the light and told their threat spilling owners to take a hike.

The city got owned in almost every way in that agreement, the icing on the cake being that the city 'owns' the rink. Assumes all the risk of ownership and gets zero benefits.
Yes, the city got owned in every aspect of that deal. Why would the location agreement be any different?

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
To get back on topic because I hate how this same "blame the STHs!" argument derails this thread every 2-3 pages - have we had any official word about renewals? I'm not a STH myself, but I'm still curious to see if there's been any significant change this time around.
This is the body of the email I got on March 28, that's the last time I heard anything about renewals. The thank you at the end made me barf in my mouth a little.

Hope you’re enjoying the warmer weather! As you know, I am your dedicated Account Coordinator – here to ensure things are going well.
As we approach the end of the season, I wanted to mention a few things. First, if you haven’t already received your lithograph voucher, you will soon! This season features a great image of defenseman Darnell Nurse. Secondly, you can expect to see your renewal package hit your mailbox mid-April. I will be here to help you with any questions at that time.
Thank you for your continued passion and LOILTY.

Reactions: TB12 and Aerrol

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
With your heliocentric hot take, I’m curious about a couple things. Has the thought ever crossed your mind that if someone continues to order “garbage” steaks at a restaurant, thereby enabling the garbage restaurant, that maybe they don’t think the restaurant is garbage? Or, because you think it is garbage, so should everyone else?

If the “restaurant” (I.e. Oilers) is garbage, why do you choose to watch? So you can point at sth’s with your mocking finger, as is your “right”?

Yes.

And if you think the Oilers are a good product, more power to you lol

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
My guess is there won't be any renewals out until a GM is hired. They will want the GM to pen a nice glossy cover letter for STH with a copy of the new water treatment plan and assurances that Toby is not being re-signed.
Okay thanks.

Wondering if they are closer now with those eliminations. We shall see.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Just my guess anyway I have no inside info.

I think we get an announcement in 2-3 weeks

If we are throwing out random theories it could also be they are waiting to see if there is a long playoff run in the cards for the Condors. Some strong play down there they can sell the "see, it ain't so bad" tag line. Or they are hoping people have cooled off enough and are willing to give this team one more kick at the can.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If we are throwing out random theories it could also be they are waiting to see if there is a long playoff run in the cards for the Condors. Some strong play down there they can sell the "see, it ain't so bad" tag line. Or they are hoping people have cooled off enough and are willing to give this team one more kick at the can.

Yup that’s as good as anything I’ve heard and quite plausible.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
My guess is there won't be any renewals out until a GM is hired. They will want the GM to pen a nice glossy cover letter for STH with a copy of the new water treatment plan and assurances that Toby is not being re-signed.

New here not sure if I am renewing yet but I expected the team to push renewals before a GM was hired so they could go "look look we are interviewing many people, doing a forensic whatever" then turn around and hire KG. It would be a very Oilers thing for them to do. :thumbd:

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019

New here not sure if I am renewing yet but I expected the team to push renewals before a GM was hired so they could go "look look we are interviewing many people, doing a forensic whatever" then turn around and hire KG. It would be a very Oilers thing for them to do. :thumbd:

YEGman

Dec 21, 2009
Edmonton
Just got an e-mail at 3:26 p.m. that Season Ticket Renewal Packages are coming out by Canada Post this week.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Renewals will be sent out within the next 24-48 Hrs.
Deadline to renew will be May 23/24 I believe.

This should be interesting.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Just got this email:

Your 2019-20 Season Seat Renewal package will arrive this week via Canada Post. Your package outlines everything you need to know to renew. This year's deadline to renew is Thursday, May 23, 2019.

We hope to you see you back at Rogers Place and thank you for your passion for Oilers hockey!

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
I guess the renewal will be working on account manager pretty soon. Last year I renewed online before my letter even arrived.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Received my email at 3:26 suspecting the new gm will be announced within the next 48 hrs. Just when we receive them in the mail

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I almost bought season tickets when the new rink opened, luckily I did not. What keeps people renewing? I mean hats off to those that just like going to all the live games, but the resale market has been crap this last year no? Is it worth losing money year over year? Is there many currently not renewing as they can’t keep doing that?

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
I almost bought season tickets when the new rink opened, luckily I did not. What keeps people renewing? I mean hats off to those that just like going to all the live games, but the resale market has been crap this last year no? Is it worth losing money year over year? Is there many currently not renewing as they can’t keep doing that?
I have been a seat holder since 98 and I have yet to lose money on my seats. I take in 10-12 games a yr the rest I sell. Now I have never lost money on my season tics I also have yet to make anything as I sell my tics at cost and I usually unload most before the season starts before the team starts to suck and people don’t want to buy them without a huge discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad