Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
I saw my invoice on my account manager, price dropped 100.00 from last year for two seats. Better than an increase, about a buck a game discount per seat.

Wonder if they offer more Oiler bucks or any other perks??

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Maybe they were waiting for the Shames to get the boot to prove that maybe life isn't so bad after all missing the playoffs for the 12th time out of 13.

I suggested that earlier. I thought the Flames would be axed in 2nd round but it happened earlier. Being that theres so much competition between the Alberta orgs I figured it was untenable to do STH renewals while the Flames were competing in the playoffs.

ALL the Canadian clubs being out in first round is probably a major win for the Oilers. Basically suggesting that they are not much worse off as a roster than the teams that either didn't make playoffs or nosedived in first round.

If the playoffs have demonstrated anything its how eerily similar we could be to Colorado, Dallas. That the Oilers could easily be in those spots right now with just a few player improvements. That those two clubs have been able to improve their roster and outlook is good news to the Oilers.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
No price increase for my upper level seats. Still way overpriced though!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
those are the best seats in the building IMO

still, stunning they went up

The Oilers must be paying attention to the resale marketplace. The DRL are some of the most sought after seats. Those are retaining price every night and often getting more than that in resale. The DRL are night and day more in demand that any non premium seats. The DRL experience feels a little bit premium. Seat, table, row to yourselves. Its almost like loge.

Soon as the open house where I saw the layout I thought DRL would be popular. They had screwed up with the sight lines initially but once they elevated the DRL seats in some sections where they were too low they are a great way to see an event or game. DRL essentially are not that much different an experience as Loge. For a lot less cost.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Upper bowl, dead center ice, aisle seats......exact same price as last year.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Section 115, same price.

As someone else mentioned earlier if I was upper bowl it would be a no brainer, I would be out. Those are easily replaceable seats. But since I am lower bowl attack twice side I am questioning it more as getting back to these seats in the future might be difficult.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ibis284

Oct 13, 2006
Are you sure? I thought that too about mine but called the ofice. They reminded me I did the 2% rebate last yeaar. Will take that option again and save $. DRL are the best in the hous. Can always resell on StubHub.

hmmm good point, you could be right.
Id have to go back and look, as I usually do that too. I just looked at the last years invoice in the manager and noticed it was 2% higher

edit you are correct, same price. my bad!

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Section 115, same price.

As someone else mentioned earlier if I was upper bowl it would be a no brainer, I would be out. Those are easily replaceable seats. But since I am lower bowl attack twice side I am questioning it more as getting back to these seats in the future might be difficult.

Those will be snapped up when existing STH can change or upgrade your seats.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
That is interesting. Finally adding some perks. Wonder if “beverages” include alcohol?
Denzel-Washington-Drinking.gif

Reactions: Oildrum

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I have been a seat holder since 98 and I have yet to lose money on my seats. I take in 10-12 games a yr the rest I sell. Now I have never lost money on my season tics I also have yet to make anything as I sell my tics at cost and I usually unload most before the season starts before the team starts to suck and people don’t want to buy them without a huge discount
Good to hear, I had usually gone to about 6-8 games a year, and had been buying mini packs. Quit doing that 2 years ago and just bought single game tickets that I wanted, saved a lot of money. Refused to go to games this past year as the cost is just not justifiable for the constant losing and ineptitude. Glad to hear that season seat holders aren’t taking a hit for this past decade

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
You would think. So your 8th beer is like it’s free!
:thumbu:

Nice to see some extended perks. Long time coming.

It's kind of insane that STHs didn't get perks like this before now. It's been over a decade of darkness with constant support...but I suppose it is the Oilers after all.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad