Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
does anyone know if there will be a free gift during the season opener game? I know the oil kings got flags for their first game.

A personalized note from Kevin Lowe that says

"Aren't you glad you're here instead of on the registry?"

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
You may be looking at the total amount paid (assume you have more than 1 seat). There were no tickets in which the season seat price was lower than retail. I had a couple with where the difference was in just north of 10% higher.

Which is absolutely brutal when you consider the only NHL approved reseller is Ticket Exchange which takes around a combined 35% fee from the buyer and seller.

Rkhtsen

Jan 15, 2016
I can't even access my jets tickets to the game tonight because of some screwup with ticket exchange. Took down a listing from ticket exchange but oilers account manager still thinks its for sale. Anyone else affected?

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
An email just came out that stated there are some season seats left!

Had to fill out a form and have them contact me

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Does anyone know where I can find the event schedule for the season for games like fan application bobble head and stuff like that?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Does anyone know where I can find the event schedule for the season for games like fan application bobble head and stuff like that?

I just emailed my rep and she said they haven't set a date for the fan appreciation night yet.

For those who sell some of their tickets (especially those with past experience) how have you found the market this year? Seems a little soft but I'm new to the game.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Team is 5-1. Should be a hot ticket. I imagine part of issue is Oilers jacked up prices across the board so less margin for resellers.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I just emailed my rep and she said they haven't set a date for the fan appreciation night yet.

For those who sell some of their tickets (especially those with past experience) how have you found the market this year? Seems a little soft but I'm new to the game.

If you're not greedy it's not too bad. I can cover my cost but can't get face value for the most part.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
If you're not greedy it's not too bad. I can cover my cost but can't get face value for the most part.

So if you don't mind me asking what would you say that you shoot for 90% or the face value and anything else is bonus? Or something else?

Do you also make use of the NHL Ticket Exchange and if so do you ever use the "Market Price" option that is available?

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009

Here's the link for the special nights schedule. Weird that they couldn't give CanmoreMike an answer yesterday when this was in an email from the Oilers today.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/tickets/special-nights?_cldee=bXV0dDIxQHRlbHVzLm5ldA%3d%3d&recipientid=contact-4e0b0153bdf5e311b269005056bd596d-7c209e4114af489cbc78f6b761af88a1

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
So at what point does a guy start saving up to buy playoff tickets??? And what should we expect for cost/commitment?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
So 16 home games (plus 4 pre-season games) into the Rogers Place era just curious how many season ticket holders will be re-upping next year and how many aren't wowed enough by the building/team to hold onto their tickets for 2018?

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
So 16 home games (plus 4 pre-season games) into the Rogers Place era just curious how many season ticket holders will be re-upping next year and how many aren't wowed enough by the building/team to hold onto their tickets for 2018?

I'll be keeping mine but staying in the lower bowl. Originally I thought I would try to switch to the upper bowl when it became available however that changed after I attended two games in the upper bowl just to scout out future seats. It's too far from the ice, too many people leaning and blocking my view if your not first row, and you can't hear anything on the ice it's silent up there. Honestly if it was between the upper bowl or nothing I would stay at home and watch (I also travel from the south west so it's a decent commute), I think having the 3 level Loge and boxes between upper and lower pushed the upper too high.

Hopefully that doesn't sound ignorant just trying to give honest feedback. If in the future I can't justify the lower bowl cost then I will just give them up.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I'll be keeping mine but staying in the lower bowl. Originally I thought I would try to switch to the upper bowl when it became available however that changed after I attended two games in the upper bowl just to scout out future seats. It's too far from the ice, too many people leaning and blocking my view if your not first row, and you can't hear anything on the ice it's silent up there. Honestly if it was between the upper bowl or nothing I would stay at home and watch (I also travel from the south west so it's a decent commute), I think having the 3 level Loge and boxes between upper and lower pushed the upper too high.

Hopefully that doesn't sound ignorant just trying to give honest feedback. If in the future I can't justify the lower bowl cost then I will just give them up.

Doesn't sound ignorant at all.

Thanks for the response.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
Definitely keeping mine. I guess it will be soon they want us to pony up next year's down payment and playoff tickets.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
id assume that to be the case with almost all seats.

But when will we have to commit is what I want to know.

Im sure they will let us know when the time comes. Tough to ask for playoff money too early when they haven't qualified in a decade. Back in the day you paid for your playoff tickets up front with the season tickets. If they didn't make it the playoff ticket money was put towards your next years season tix.

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005

I have seats at center ice in row 3 of the upper bowl. I will be moving my seats the lower bowl. The upper bowl has been designed very very poorly. Not happy about it. Center ice in the first few rows of the upper deck were some of the most desirable seats at rexall. The same cannot be said for Rogers.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I have seats at center ice in row 3 of the upper bowl. I will be moving my seats the lower bowl. The upper bowl has been designed very very poorly. Not happy about it. Center ice in the first few rows of the upper deck were some of the most desirable seats at rexall. The same cannot be said for Rogers.

This was exactly my thought. We bought tickets second row of the upper bowl for a game assuming that, as you mentioned, they would be the best seats in the house like Rexall. They are not, they are way higher off the ice to the point that it feels like you're removed from the game. Pretty disappointing.

We also sat once at the end of the ice in the 2nd last row and good lord those are bad, I would honestly just take that money and buy a 70-80" TV with a sound system and watch from home for the price of one season. Good thing they only cost us $25 each :laugh:

millax

Dec 24, 2005
I have drink rail seats in the upper bowl. Very happy with them. The extra space and drink rail is great. Once they added the fix of raising the seats 8" they have become the best seats in the upper deck bar none.

I will be re-upping for next season. However - I will not be as loyal as I was in Rexall place. If the Oilers start losing I will give up the tickets in a heart beat. 10 years of terrible hockey has really cut down the enjoyment I used to get going to games.

I find it hard to care or be optimistic. Maybe a playoff run will cure all of that.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG

What exactly are your complaints about your seats? Just too far away or are there other issues with them?

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
What exactly are your complaints about your seats? Just too far away or are there other issues with them?

Few things:

1) they're too far off the ice;
2) concessions and overall design of the upper bowl is very cramped;
3) not being able to mingle with people in intermission with the lower bowl.

Number 3 would be my biggest complaint. Many have noted that there is a bit of segregation between the upper bowl and lower. It's very apparent when trying to meet friends or business associates in between periods for a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad