Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
I share my season tickets evenly with two other guys and it's looking likely that we are going to have to come up with a plan for splitting playoff tickets up, if not this year then sometime soon. Any ideas that have worked for other groups? I've had season tickets for 8 years so it hasn't been something we've needed to worry about. Just keeping them and telling the other guys the deal was for regular season only is not an option I'm interested in.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I share my season tickets evenly with two other guys and it's looking likely that we are going to have to come up with a plan for splitting playoff tickets up, if not this year then sometime soon. Any ideas that have worked for other groups? I've had season tickets for 8 years so it hasn't been something we've needed to worry about. Just keeping them and telling the other guys the deal was for regular season only is not an option I'm interested in.

Have a draw for pick order (1, 2, and 3). Then you each get to pick a game. With someone risking picking a game that isn't played (5 and 7, or 6 depending on seeding). That;s how I have done it in the past. You pay for the tickets that you use.

millax

Dec 24, 2005
Have a draw for pick order (1, 2, and 3). Then you each get to pick a game. With someone risking picking a game that isn't played (5 and 7, or 6 depending on seeding). That;s how I have done it in the past. You pay for the tickets that you use.

I split with 3 others. During the season we divide the tickets up 4 ways and everyone gets a pair to the games so they can take whoever they want.

For the playoffs in 05/06 we broke it up into single tickets. Each shareholder got one of the four guaranteed tickets in each round. We then did a draw to see who would get the third game of each series (as an 8th seed we were never going to have home ice). I ended up with the pair of tickets to game 6 of the Finals - so it worked out for me!

With only three in your group you could do the something similar. However - I suggest you plan out the entire playoffs right up to game 7 of the finals BEFORE the playoffs start. Plan as if it is going to happen to avoid conflict if we were to be so lucky to go all the way like we did in 05/06.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016

It depends on how close you are with the two other guys and how much longer you intend on splitting tickets with them. Do they need you more for tickets or do you need them more to take tickets off of you?

If the seats are yours and you never said they would be guaranteed playoff tickets, then maybe guarantee 1 game each round for yourself and have them decide how to split the other 1 or 2 games. Or keep games 1 and 3 for yourself and have them split game 2.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
It depends on how close you are with the two other guys and how much longer you intend on splitting tickets with them. Do they need you more for tickets or do you need them more to take tickets off of you?

If the seats are yours and you never said they would be guaranteed playoff tickets, then maybe guarantee 1 game each round for yourself and have them decide how to split the other 1 or 2 games. Or keep games 1 and 3 for yourself and have them split game 2.

The ongoing good relationship with the guys in the group is more important than seeing extra playoff games. We don't mind going to games with each other but aren't each other's first/only choice, it's better if each guy get's a game that's his and we can cut deals to go with each other if we want to.

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
Anyone selling tickets for the game on the 14th ? Not sure if this is against the rules, let me know, thx

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
The ongoing good relationship with the guys in the group is more important than seeing extra playoff games. We don't mind going to games with each other but aren't each other's first/only choice, it's better if each guy get's a game that's his and we can cut deals to go with each other if we want to.

You are a good man.

To be honest, if everyone likes one another and don't care who they see games with then just ask who wants what. If everyone wants the second game and not the first, do a draw and figure it out. If what everyone wants works well enough you can do without the draw, then do that.

If someone wants to take someone else to a game they can work out an arrangement with whoever is going. Buy their ticket outright or promise the other person their ticket in the next wave. Something to that effect.

Lastly, if no one really knows other people other than through you I'd do one of those suggestions above and either draft/draw/discuss who gets Game 1 and Game 2. When there is a game 3 and 4 (talking about ongoing through the playoffs, not just in a round) whoever didn't get tickets the first time gets priority the second wave.

Pay what you go to.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I was there. How did you do?

Was going to go, had my tickets printed, but my wife (lame excuse alert!) had a daycare board meeting to attend. I've been out a lot at the games lately and we, obviously, have a little one who needed tending so I got stuck here.

Definitely plan to go next year.

What were the lines like? Who'd you get in on?

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
I was there. How did you do?

What a load of crap that was. I was there for almost 3 hours and got nothing. Wanted my McDavid jersey signed and figured that much time would be enough but not even close. Wasted so much time at that point when i wanted to go elsewhere even those lines were too long. My own fault I guess for not being able to go down there at 3 on a Monday:shakehead

Edit: should've brought other stuff and just skipped the McDavid line all together

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Was going to go, had my tickets printed, but my wife (lame excuse alert!) had a daycare board meeting to attend. I've been out a lot at the games lately and we, obviously, have a little one who needed tending so I got stuck here.

Definitely plan to go next year.

What were the lines like? Who'd you get in on?

So, when it comes to memorabilia and signed items, I have what I call a small hoard, ha. So I really only wanted McDavid to sign a jersey for me as the only one I have of him is a signed Otters jersey.

Doors opened at 5, I got there at 5. He was signing 6 to 8pm. They said he woukld sign for about 700 people, and I was cutoff around 500 away, LOL, so I was around 1200th in line? Some went for another lines, so basically I figure I was around 1500th person in the arena at time doors opened at 5.

I stood from 5-7pm against all common sense. Once it was beyond clear I was out of luck, I went to 2nd longest line, which was Leon.

My guess is tons of people didn't go to him after thinking it was too long, because I had time to buy a jersey, line up, get it signed and be done by 730.

So, ended up with a Leon jersey signed and then spent last 30 mins getting as many "others" as I could.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
What a load of crap that was. I was there for almost 3 hours and got nothing. Wanted my McDavid jersey signed and figured that much time would be enough but not even close. Wasted so much time at that point when i wanted to go elsewhere even those lines were too long. My own fault I guess for not being able to go down there at 3 on a Monday:shakehead

Edit: should've brought other stuff and just skipped the McDavid line all together

Ya, the doors at 5pm on Monday was a joke IMO. I know it lined up with like a 4 day break for them, but they could have planned a Saturday rather easily IMO.

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
Ya, the doors at 5pm on Monday was a joke IMO. I know it lined up with like a 4 day break for them, but they could have planned a Saturday rather easily IMO.

Agreed, and in the end it was my fault for not being earlier. I almost bought a Drai jersery and got it signed but ended up not doing it. I do regret not getting anything signed but in the end, I went to get my one true "collector" jersey signed and I failed miserably lol

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
There was one a*****e who kept wakiking up to the line and asking which line it was and saying, oh yeah, he signed my glove an hour ago. Hope karma takes care of him

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Agreed, and in the end it was my fault for not being earlier. I almost bought a Drai jersery and got it signed but ended up not doing it. I do regret not getting anything signed but in the end, I went to get my one true "collector" jersey signed and I failed miserably lol

Ya, you spent 3 hours and I spent 2 hours. However, I spent $200 on the jersey, ha. So I think you may have still "won" in the end.

I will give them credit, I had about 10 various staff members I was probably 500 away from even being close, LOL, and that I had almost zero chance. And they told me rather quickly.

I was stubborn and told myself I would get Connor anyways! :laugh:

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
Haha I did the same! Kept saying, you never know let's just wait it out!!!: laugh:

They apparently knew more than me!

Rk11

Jan 19, 2017
First off, I just need to thank samiam again for giving me the opportunity to go to the Signature Event tonight! It was honestly so much fun, and such a great experience. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to see some of these guys so close up and personal!

We arrived at the arena by LRT around 3:50. Walked up to Ford Hall and got into the first line, which was just to the very end of the stanchions/queue. By about 4:15-4:30, it was completely full, as the doors didn't open until 5. I later heard [unconfirmed] rumours that the first person was there at 8am today.

The doors opened at 5, seamless entry, and then grabbing the lanyards with the scratch off and the maps. Of course everyone was trying to figure out where McDavid was, and luckily for us, the end of his line happened to appear right in front of us. We jumped in on the main concourse, and they led us downstairs and wrapped us around the mezzanine. A few people went around counting, and eventually cut off the line upstairs. We were in line for McDavid from 5pm until we got our signatures at 7:20pm.

After that, we heard most of the 'bigger' stars' lines had already been cut off, so my roommate and I split up, she went for Klefbom/Slepyshev, and I went for Larsson/Pitlick. The lines weren't too bad, each maybe 20 minutes or so? Once we had seen them, we heard that Draisatl's line had shrunk enough, so we headed downstairs. The line had been 'cut off,' but we got in line anyway. At about 40 seconds left, Drai went through and signed the rest of his cards then left, so everyone left in line did get an autographed card!

I already rambled too much, but here's a link to the photos of the autographs I managed to get!
http://imgur.com/a/q2bQl

Thanks again, samiam!

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
First off, I just need to thank samiam again for giving me the opportunity to go to the Signature Event tonight! It was honestly so much fun, and such a great experience. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to see some of these guys so close up and personal!

We arrived at the arena by LRT around 3:50. Walked up to Ford Hall and got into the first line, which was just to the very end of the stanchions/queue. By about 4:15-4:30, it was completely full, as the doors didn't open until 5. I later heard [unconfirmed] rumours that the first person was there at 8am today.

The doors opened at 5, seamless entry, and then grabbing the lanyards with the scratch off and the maps. Of course everyone was trying to figure out where McDavid was, and luckily for us, the end of his line happened to appear right in front of us. We jumped in on the main concourse, and they led us downstairs and wrapped us around the mezzanine. A few people went around counting, and eventually cut off the line upstairs. We were in line for McDavid from 5pm until we got our signatures at 7:20pm.

After that, we heard most of the 'bigger' stars' lines had already been cut off, so my roommate and I split up, she went for Klefbom/Slepyshev, and I went for Larsson/Pitlick. The lines weren't too bad, each maybe 20 minutes or so? Once we had seen them, we heard that Draisatl's line had shrunk enough, so we headed downstairs. The line had been 'cut off,' but we got in line anyway. At about 40 seconds left, Drai went through and signed the rest of his cards then left, so everyone left in line did get an autographed card!

I already rambled too much, but here's a link to the photos of the autographs I managed to get!
http://imgur.com/a/q2bQl

Thanks again, samiam!

You're certainly welcome! :)
Cool Pics! Thanks for posting.
Glad to see you were able to grab a McDavid autograph, as many people were shut-out.

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
Hey All,
I always enjoy your posts, so thought it was high time I shared something too! I was at the signature event tonight, this was my experience.

We got there at about 4:45, Ford Hall was mostly full by then. Got in line, and got in fairly seamlessly, no complaints. The plan was to try for McDavid, so we got in that line. As we neared the stairs down to the club area where he would be signing, the usher walked down the line and told people that were still on the concourse that it was unlikely we'd get signatures. We decided to try our luck elsewhere, so I bolted for Draisaitl and my partner went for Lucic.

I got to the Draisaitl line by about 5:15, there were about 70 people in front of me. The Lucic line was longer already (we were texting each other, he figured about 100 in front of him) so we just waited. When 6pm rolled around, Drai was there on time and the signing went quickly. He wasn't taking much time to chat with people so the line kept moving quite quickly. I had my jersey signed by about 6:25 (estimate) and headed upstairs to get in the Maroon line.

That line was long, and was right beside the VERY far end of the McDavid line. As we waited (kudos to the 5 year old in front of me who was so patient and frankly just so excited, it was an awesome time in the line!) Anyway, I was hearing what the ushers were saying to the people in the McD line right beside me (going the other way). I was a bit perplexed. So, the first usher had told us our odds were slim early in the game...we would have been about an hour in front of these people, yet the ushers were telling them he would sign until 8pm. Then a different usher came and told them that he could only sign 600 autographs. Moments later, enter usher #3 who said he could sign up to 1000. I ended up realizing had we stayed in line, we likely would have made it (fairly easily in fact), but wondered if he is limited by time or numbers? Is that a contract thing? Anyway, my partner went for Kassian/Hendricks after Lucic and got through that line fairly quickly too.

Anyway, go to Maroon, he was great. Then headed up to meet my partner in the Slepyshev/Klefbom line. That moved quickly, they were fantastic and personable, and we got those.

By then it was about 7:40, and we were tired of standing (old people! lol) so got a pop and grabbed a seat.

The Hotstove was ok. I wouldn't say there was anything earth shattering shared. GM and Coach talked about how much and how important their communication with each other is (pretty much daily, post games usually wait till the am). Coach said the GM doesn't like to be surprised (eg. why is Eberle missing shifts?) so he tries to keep him in the loop at all times.

GM was asked if he was happy with the roster, he said it's his job to never be happy with the roster, so he never will be. His goal is to continue to improve it all the time.

They both talked about how awesome the fans are (all fans are the best, no? ) Jack Michaels said he had noticed a different vibe in the building last week, we were louder, etc. Personally, I think this was just meant to be some encouragement for us to be louder and more engaged...whether or not we really were, is up for opinion. I think they were trying to encourage us.

GM was asked about possible signings before the trade deadline...he said it's too soon to tell, the situation will continue to evolve. He was asked about whether the new building was a draw and made players easier to sign, he said yes, of course. He highlighted though, that Lucic, for example, really wanted to see the city, see more of the city as he wanted a good place for his family. They talked up Ice District a LOT, and how awesome it's going to be (this stage was set by Bob N and Jack M before Coach and GM showed up) and this trend continued. It was a bit like a commercial.

Coach said that the players are feeling at home in the new building, and he felt that fans had 'learned how to behave' in the new building. I wasn't sure what to make of that, but he added clarification that things were more smooth for us as we knew where to meet our friends, which concession to get to, what we wanted, etc. I think his point was that we're all feeling at home now at Roger's.

They gave away 3 trips to the last game in Vancouver (one via the Rogers App, and 2 via t-shirt toss where 2 t-shirts had 'golden tickets' in them).

Overall, I had a fun time, the players were genuine and seemed enthused till the end of the night.

Please feel free to jump in and correct or add to any of my perceptions...I don't have the greatest memory for details, and my Hot Stove summary is likely missing a bunch!

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Did anyone get a Kassian autograph? I keep telling myself that the guy's a real beauty in person, seems like one of THE nicest guys in the league by far.

Section337

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Didn't arrive until 7:00, just wandered around looking at the lines. Thought I might buy a Larsson orange jersey, did not find one. Buddy bought a McDavid all star jersey.

Picked up the popcorn and pop we "won", then went and sat in the stands to watch the end of the Satan's Cup, won this year by the Leafs against the Slewfooters. Half assed payed attention through the short hot-stove, since I was more intent on checking out Del's Giordano dance gif on HFBoards.

Really kind of mellow and casual 1.5 hours for me at Rogers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->