Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
The Oilers are releasing a limited number of additional Oilers Season Seats that had been on hold through construction of Rogers Place

As a Registry member, this opportunity is being offered to you in priority order through your online Oilers Account Manager starting tomorrow, Thursday, September 22 at 2:00 PM.

SECTION 113 ROW 25 SEAT 11
SECTION 115 ROW 25 SEAT 11
SN-B ROW 4 AND 5 SEAT 11
SN-AA DRL SEAT 7/8
SKY B DRL SEAT 7/8/9
SKY-D DRL SEAT 7/8/9

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
The Oilers are releasing a limited number of additional Oilers Season Seats that had been on hold through construction of Rogers Place

As a Registry member, this opportunity is being offered to you in priority order through your online Oilers Account Manager starting tomorrow, Thursday, September 22 at 2:00 PM.

SECTION 113 ROW 25 SEAT 11
SECTION 115 ROW 25 SEAT 11
SN-B ROW 4 AND 5 SEAT 11
SN-AA DRL SEAT 7/8
SKY B DRL SEAT 7/8/9
SKY-D DRL SEAT 7/8/9

There was a seat in section 221 as well. Its gone now though.

Also there is still one in 117 row 25 seat 18

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
Interesting, any other registry members get this email:

The doors to Rogers Place are now open and the hockey season is only days away!

As a Registry member, this opportunity is being offered to you in priority order through your online Oilers Account Manager starting tomorrow, Friday, September 23 at 11:00 AM.

At or after your Selection Window, log in to your Oilers Account Manager using your Account ID and password.

A variety of Season Seats are available and are expected to move very quickly so be sure to log in as soon as your Selection Window begins.

Yes, I got this email too! Wasn't expecting there to be more seasons seats available at this late date quite honestly, but if my last few windows to purchase things were any indication, my choice will be limited to a few single seat selections in the highest tiers only,.....I'll definitely check it out just out of interest, but at this point I'm resigned to seeing a few games here and there. I find this interesting though...does this usually happen right before the season starts?

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Yeah they are all singles or in Sportsnet Lounge. Much ado about nothing.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
I managed to snag 2 club seats yesterday at my time slot. Which made me happy.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Yes, I got this email too! Wasn't expecting there to be more seasons seats available at this late date quite honestly, but if my last few windows to purchase things were any indication, my choice will be limited to a few single seat selections in the highest tiers only,.....I'll definitely check it out just out of interest, but at this point I'm resigned to seeing a few games here and there. I find this interesting though...does this usually happen right before the season starts?

Last year late summer, there was a small window for registry members too.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Yeah they are all singles or in Sportsnet Lounge. Much ado about nothing.

There were also 3 sections in the lower bowl and 1 in the upper bowl that had singles available. They probably just wanted to sell all the single seats, or found out that they could fit an extra seat in the top rows.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Is there a way to tell what the face value of tickets for games are on account manager? Or do I need to wait until they mail me out the season ticket holder cards and other information?

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
Is there a way to tell what the face value of tickets for games are on account manager? Or do I need to wait until they mail me out the season ticket holder cards and other information?

You have to email the Oilers or your account Rep. They'll send you a breakdown of the face value of all 45 games(includes pre-season).

Gone are the days of a 45% discount on tickets. There's a few games where my face value is just $10-15 more than what I paid for the ticket

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Well guys last night was my first taste of my season seats in the Sportsnet lounge and was I ever impressed.
Taking the LRT from Clareview to bay station was simple and quick. From Bay station they had signs to point you in the right direction. Entering the building and getting tickets scanned was lightning fast. I took some time to show my guests around the building was fun and I love riding the super long escalator gives me butterflies haha. From the upper concourse we rode the elevator down to the loge/sportsnet level which was a first for me great turnover rate in those elevators was surprised. Then headed to the lounge.
First thing when entering the lounge very friendly personnel working the door talked and joked around for a bit about the strobe lights they had to stand in while greeting. They have a coat check so don't worry about those cold winter days having to haul the parka to your seats or around the arena if you even desire leaving the lounge.
Soon as you walk around the corner you are presented with a vast variety of food that would make most mouth water. Is this food actually included?? Hell yes it is. Prime rib right off the roast, jerks chicken, pulled pork sandwiches, sushi, and tones of sides. Those looking more for the traditional hockey game food there are hot dogs, pretzels, pop corn, and other snack foods. Salads, fruit, and a mountain of assorted cut cheeses were also a spectacular site haha (I love food). Between the second period they also brought out a couple difference deserts like banana bread pudding cookies and more fruit platters. I almost went into a food coma.
The atmosphere of this place was also amazing lots of tables to stand at or sit at on the lower level and plenty of futuristic lounge chairs surrounding tables on the second level. I loved the lighting and the giant Sportsnet logos above the bars were a great touch.

The seats were amazing I was in full out slouch mode after filling the belly. Legs fully speed and out right not touching a thing. Almost fell asleep because they were so comfortable.
Exit from the building was a breeze never felt crowded once. There was smooth flow to things all the way back to the LRT.

My only complaint was there is nowhere to place your beer when using the washroom. Also got an old LRT bus on the right home with no air flow this in combination with the food sweats left me a wet sopping mess haha.

I would recommend these seats to anyone totally makes it worth the price in my opinion.

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
You have to email the Oilers or your account Rep. They'll send you a breakdown of the face value of all 45 games(includes pre-season).

Gone are the days of a 45% discount on tickets. There's a few games where my face value is just $10-15 more than what I paid for the ticket

First timer here...and I have a question. So I emailed the Oilers and asked for the breakdown, which I got fairly quickly. There are 2 prices listed, "retail" and "season seat price". The "season seat price" is exactly the same for every game, and the "retail" numbers fluctuate. I'm in the cheap seats, but just wondered if it's normal to have some retail prices lower than the 'season seat price', sometimes as much as $20?

HabOil

Aug 2, 2005
First timer here...and I have a question. So I emailed the Oilers and asked for the breakdown, which I got fairly quickly. There are 2 prices listed, "retail" and "season seat price". The "season seat price" is exactly the same for every game, and the "retail" numbers fluctuate. I'm in the cheap seats, but just wondered if it's normal to have some retail prices lower than the 'season seat price', sometimes as much as $20?

You may be looking at the total amount paid (assume you have more than 1 seat). There were no tickets in which the season seat price was lower than retail. I had a couple with where the difference was in just north of 10% higher.

Nonamee

Sep 2, 2016

Hello and Welcome Olenkab29,
My season seats cost $100 per seat. While there are no regular season games that retail for less for the same seat (retail range is from $115 - $178 per seat), the preseason game retail price for these seats is $70 per seat.

It's normal to have the preseason games retail for less than the season seat price.

I think that HabOil meant to say that there were no tickets in which the season seat price was higher than retail. I concur with this, with the exception of preseason games in my price tier at least ...

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
Hello and Welcome Olenkab29,
My season seats cost $100 per seat. While there are no regular season games that retail for less for the same seat (retail range is from $115 - $178 per seat), the preseason game retail price for these seats is $70 per seat.

It's normal to have the preseason games retail for less than the season seat price.

I think that HabOil meant to say that there were no tickets in which the season seat price was higher than retail. I concur with this, with the exception of preseason games in my price tier at least ...

Hmm...I'm clearly missing something then, and I completely appreciate your help in understanding this! I have 2 seats in the cheap zone. From what they sent me, here's an example:

Preseason games are all $40 retail, and $40 season seat price.

Season opener is $103 retail, and $87 season seat price.
Carolina game is $67 retail, and $87 season seat price.
Buffalo game is $85 retail, and $87 season seat price.
Washington is $97 retail, and $87 season seat price.

I guess I kind of thought that the season seat price would always be at least equivalent to the retail price. Do you guys think this is correct, and I'm interpreting it correctly? I'm assuming that 'season seat' is what I pay, and 'retail' is the face value price...yes?

Again, thanks in advance!

Nonamee

Sep 2, 2016
Olenkab29,
I believe that you are interpreting the information that you have shared correctly.

What I am unsure of is does the retail price, as stated by the Oilers office, include any related fees/charges (Ticketmaster charges for example). I suspect that they do not, but admittedly again I am not certain.

Further clarification by the people would be most helpful and appreciated.

:help:

:m-confused:

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
My club seats are all higher retail value than my price paid. some are near it like carolina, wild, cbj, etc.

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
Hmm...I'm clearly missing something then, and I completely appreciate your help in understanding this! I have 2 seats in the cheap zone. From what they sent me, here's an example:

Preseason games are all $40 retail, and $40 season seat price.

Season opener is $103 retail, and $87 season seat price.
Carolina game is $67 retail, and $87 season seat price.
Buffalo game is $85 retail, and $87 season seat price.
Washington is $97 retail, and $87 season seat price.

I guess I kind of thought that the season seat price would always be at least equivalent to the retail price. Do you guys think this is correct, and I'm interpreting it correctly? I'm assuming that 'season seat' is what I pay, and 'retail' is the face value price...yes?

Again, thanks in advance!

You were given the retail price of the $2600/seat season ticket section (this is what I have for seats) but the season seat price you were given is that of the the $3575 or $3875 section I would guess (41 reg games x $87 + 4 pre-season x $40)

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
SOoooooo, it appears as though the Oilers have set a minimum ticket price when selling through NHL Ticket exchange. I tried to set my tickets so they'll sell as I can't make the game on Thursday at $29, and I was forced to set it at $31.50.

This looks like an attempt to stop the Oilers from looking bad, and having tickets being sold for $15/$20 if they go for last place again :-(

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
SOoooooo, it appears as though the Oilers have set a minimum ticket price when selling through NHL Ticket exchange. I tried to set my tickets so they'll sell as I can't make the game on Thursday at $29, and I was forced to set it at $31.50.

This looks like an attempt to stop the Oilers from looking bad, and having tickets being sold for $15/$20 if they go for last place again :-(

I noticed the regular season games have a minimum price as well of $49.50. But I guess at that price I would more likely given them away anyways.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW

Wow really? That is actually quite brutal.

Rkhtsen

Jan 15, 2016
does anyone know if there will be a free gift during the season opener game? I know the oil kings got flags for their first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad