Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Continue

First year season ticket holder here.. I sold a pair of pre season tickets on the nhl ticket exchange can someone explain how seller credit works please? Also is it possible to still list on stubhub even though I do not have hardcopy tickets and the 48hr rule. Thanks in advance!

Seller Credit: Applied against your season ticket purchase for next year. Not sure how this works if we make the playoffs and you wish to purchase those seats.

next time you post tickets just select method of payment as cheque. then you will get a cheque in the mail about 2 weeks after they sell

I've gone into my season tickets from the Android app and when I go to adust the price or post something for the first time I am being told my only option is seller credit.

Anyone else? Or am I doing it wrong?

Are you on a payment plan? If you are it might be that you can't see for cash what you haven't paid in full for yet. Might be worth a call to the Oilers to ask, maybe your credit will come off your final payment instead of going toward next year too.

Hi,
I just registered for season tickets and was placed on the wait list. Does anyone know where i can see where i am currently situated on the wait list?
Thanks

When I was on the list, they would give updates what number you are about once a year.

if past history is any indication--unless you are on the wait list for top end tickets--enjoy the wait list--unless you start hearing about the oiler revoking season tickets due to scalping--you wont get an up date till feb/march when season renewals go out and the team finds out who no longer want their tickets

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
You can call the Oilers office, and they will tell you what number you are in the waiting list. ...and yes, they will send you an email update occasionally. You do get the odd perk just for being on the list, while you wait out the years that it will apparently take to get some seasons tickets, lol

werkitout

Oct 7, 2015
Edmonton
This thread is titled "pt 2". Is this meant to be the 2016/17 STH thread? Maybe it's supposed to be obvious, but I wanted to be sure before I go OT all over the place lol

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
This thread is titled "pt 2". Is this meant to be the 2016/17 STH thread? Maybe it's supposed to be obvious, but I wanted to be sure before I go OT all over the place lol

Last one hit 1000 post limit

PinSeeker

Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I guess I showed my "newbie" card on that one huh? Thanks for the help :).

All been there!

My first reg season game will be vs Buffalo Oct 16 - drink rail. Will see if the issue persists. I have tickets for Carolina/St Louis as well, and am hoping the view from the 200s is decent

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
All been there!

My first reg season game will be vs Buffalo Oct 16 - drink rail. Will see if the issue persists. I have tickets for Carolina/St Louis as well, and am hoping the view from the 200s is decent

I'll be at the SS game next week, upper DRL, hoping they have the risers in by then.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I'll be at the SS game next week, upper DRL, hoping they have the risers in by then.

Is there an official word on the risers? I got an email last week from my season ticket representative after asking about the DRL and she said that they were aware of the issue and that wouldn't be the case for the season. But that's all she said.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Or do the season seats have to be paid in full to resell? Im on the 8 installment plan

I'm on the installment plan as well, and I can sell all games. I did have to call them though because for some reason I couldn't sell anything and they needed to check something off in my account so that I could.

As long as it is face value
On these boards yes, on ticketexchange you can sell for anything you want. Sadly ticketmaster actually encourages scalping in this way since they get more mark up the higher the price.

northern2020

Nov 23, 2003
How about the private resellers - StubHub etc - What's the preferred method of reselling?

Cheers

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
How about the private resellers - StubHub etc - What's the preferred method of reselling?

Cheers

Ticketmaster and the NHL have cut the legs off Stubhub. Since you can't actually access your tickets till 48 hours before it makes selling on Stubhub next to impossible.

Only choices are private deals with individuals or NHL Ticket Exchange.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
pretty much if you selling on kijiji in advance you gotta send through ticket exchange now =/

PinSeeker

Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Interesting, any other registry members get this email:

The doors to Rogers Place are now open and the hockey season is only days away!

The Oilers are releasing a limited number of additional Oilers Season Seats that had been on hold through construction of Rogers Place

As a Registry member, this opportunity is being offered to you in priority order through your online Oilers Account Manager starting tomorrow, Friday, September 23 at 11:00 AM.

At or after your Selection Window, log in to your Oilers Account Manager using your Account ID and password.

A variety of Season Seats are available and are expected to move very quickly so be sure to log in as soon as your Selection Window begins.

Last edited by a moderator:

werkitout

Oct 7, 2015
Edmonton
pretty much if you selling on kijiji in advance you gotta send through ticket exchange now =/

This is true, but it's actually a much more secure process for the buyer this way so it's not all bad (there are benefits to the seller as well).

My son went to Drake with 5 friends and I bought the tickets (they all paid me back). I made all of them register for ticketmaster accounts so I could transfer their ticket to each of them. It seems things are going that way so I thought it would be helpful for them to have the account for future transactions.

It's actually helpful for sellers as well. I have my own Season Tickets, but I also help administer the tickets for the company I work for. One time, my boss printed off tickets and gave them to a client even though he had donated the tickets to a silent auction for a minor sports team. It wasn't intentional, but it sucked all around for everyone involved. With the ability to transfer tickets to another party, you avoid mistakes like that.

The downside is definitely the increased traffic to NHL ticket exchange for sure since those fees are out of control. I don't mind a bit of a fee because of course it takes manpower and resources to administer that exchange, but the fees are outrageous.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Interesting, any other registry members get this email:

The doors to Rogers Place are now open and the hockey season is only days away!

The Oilers are releasing a limited number of additional Oilers Season Seats that had been on hold through construction of Rogers Place

I would delete your account # out of your post (not sure how important this is maybe I'm just more paranoid than others haha).

I would be interested to hear where they are, since current holders of seats might be interested depending where they are. However it is a little late to switch seats!

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
This is true, but it's actually a much more secure process for the buyer this way so it's not all bad (there are benefits to the seller as well).

My son went to Drake with 5 friends and I bought the tickets (they all paid me back). I made all of them register for ticketmaster accounts so I could transfer their ticket to each of them. It seems things are going that way so I thought it would be helpful for them to have the account for future transactions.

It's actually helpful for sellers as well. I have my own Season Tickets, but I also help administer the tickets for the company I work for. One time, my boss printed off tickets and gave them to a client even though he had donated the tickets to a silent auction for a minor sports team. It wasn't intentional, but it sucked all around for everyone involved. With the ability to transfer tickets to another party, you avoid mistakes like that.

The downside is definitely the increased traffic to NHL ticket exchange for sure since those fees are out of control. I don't mind a bit of a fee because of course it takes manpower and resources to administer that exchange, but the fees are outrageous.

I've made this comment before and I'll say it again.

VANOC did okay with their resale site charging the seller 10% for whatever the tickets sold for and adding 10% to the buyer.

List a ticket for $100, get $90 and the buyer pays $110. VANOC gets $20 for their trouble.

Not sure why in this day and age of automation you'd need to make a 30% markup on a transaction to break even. Especially when you are still competing with kijiji and Stubhub.

And the fact remains that if the secondary market collapses pro-sport teams can kiss away large chunks of their season ticket holders, which presents plenty of problems of itself.

werkitout

Oct 7, 2015
Edmonton
I've made this comment before and I'll say it again.

VANOC did okay with their resale site charging the seller 10% for whatever the tickets sold for and adding 10% to the buyer.

List a ticket for $100, get $90 and the buyer pays $110. VANOC gets $20 for their trouble.

Not sure why in this day and age of automation you'd need to make a 30% markup on a transaction to break even. Especially when you are still competing with kijiji and Stubhub.

And the fact remains that if the secondary market collapses pro-sport teams can kiss away large chunks of their season ticket holders, which presents plenty of problems of itself.

I'm not familiar with VANOC, but I 100% agree with the premise.

The only thing I would add is that the new 48 hour printing rule is basically forcing people to be educated about ticket transfers (For Oilers games & all other ticketmaster events). Even for giving tickets away - not only for reselling.

I think that side effect is a good thing as ticket transfers offer protection for both sides of the transaction (even if it's a gift). I'm not saying the Ticketmaster reselling side is the protection... I mean the fact that people are now learning about ticket transfers... that's the good part.

Of course the very very bad down side is that it helps one company (Ticketmaster) corner the market on reselling which is obviously NOT good.

PinSeeker

Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I would delete your account # out of your post (not sure how important this is maybe I'm just more paranoid than others haha).

I would be interested to hear where they are, since current holders of seats might be interested depending where they are. However it is a little late to switch seats!

Geeze didn't even notice. Thanks sir and Nuge for editing.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
I'm not familiar with VANOC, but I 100% agree with the premise.

The only thing I would add is that the new 48 hour printing rule is basically forcing people to be educated about ticket transfers (For Oilers games & all other ticketmaster events). Even for giving tickets away - not only for reselling.

I think that side effect is a good thing as ticket transfers offer protection for both sides of the transaction (even if it's a gift). I'm not saying the Ticketmaster reselling side is the protection... I mean the fact that people are now learning about ticket transfers... that's the good part.

Of course the very very bad down side is that it helps one company (Ticketmaster) corner the market on reselling which is obviously NOT good.

I think the resale market will adapt. Someone should develop a site just to bring people together to use transfer from account to account, with bank transfer to pay.
With the users getting ratings like on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad