Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap Brannigan

May 23, 2004
Joined the registry a last year to get tickets on the drink rail only to find out they dont offer those to the registry list only to those upgrading current seats. being uncomfortable 40 times a year just isn't worth it for a chance down the road to get drink rail. oh well 200 bucks back will be nice.

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
What was the turn-over? Is there no longer a waitlist for season tickets?

There is still a wait list....I was actually on it for a couple of years and got nowhere close enough to being able to grab tickets, and then jumped off the list last summer....just signed up again a month or 2 ago, (at #2540) and shockingly got a pair of seasons tickets in the upper deck this year. There must have been a fair amount of turnover for that to happen, and/or a lot of people ahead of me on the list just passing on their window this year.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
There is still a wait list....I was actually on it for a couple of years and got nowhere close enough to being able to grab tickets, and then jumped off the list last summer....just signed up again a month or 2 ago, (at #2540) and shockingly got a pair of seasons tickets in the upper deck this year. There must have been a fair amount of turnover for that to happen, and/or a lot of people ahead of me on the list just passing on their window this year.

I was just over 1000 this year but didn't see anything I liked this season. I just want to get the cheapest seats available until some drink rail seats open up.

G Unit

Apr 8, 2016
I was just over 1000 this year but didn't see anything I liked this season. I just want to get the cheapest seats available until some drink rail seats open up.

Yes TBH I'm hoping to "upgrade" to cheaper seats next season myself, but for now the price I paid was doable. Hoping for a huge rebound year now!

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Yes TBH I'm hoping to "upgrade" to cheaper seats next season myself, but for now the price I paid was doable. Hoping for a huge rebound year now!

At least when the team is doing well you can at least break even on the retail market. I lost so much money on power packs after Mcdavid got injured. I couldn't even give the tickets away.

Reactions: G Unit

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

This typifies the very real problem with this arena and seating layout. There simply are not many cheap seats and 2nd bowl generally is not worth what is being paid. I wonder how much more common your thought is becoming. For sure the Oilers rarely had this much difficulty selling out Rexall since the 90's.

More the case Drink Rail seats are great, everybody seems to want those. Or the corner upper bowl reasonably priced. But only so many of those. Those are the best value seats in arena and not many of them.

So there could have been a 1000 other waitlisted looking for the same as you and just passing.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Joined the registry a last year to get tickets on the drink rail only to find out they dont offer those to the registry list only to those upgrading current seats. being uncomfortable 40 times a year just isn't worth it for a chance down the road to get drink rail. oh well 200 bucks back will be nice.

I would say that the chances of getting any drinkrail (registry or ticket renewal) is next to impossible. They have become, in my opinion, the most sought after seats in the entire building

YEGman

Dec 21, 2009
Edmonton
As I have stated a few times over the years, I have held tickets since 1995 and thus when my window opens near the very beginning of the Upgrade Event I have yet to see two drink rail seats open as that is the only upgrade for which I am interested. There were a couple of singles this year that I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->