Season seat upgrade event and registry questions

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
Big difference in being given the opportunity to buy or there being enough tickets to satisfy the actual demand of the 1000+ on the registry who were given the opportunity...

The average STH has 2.3 seats...(14,000 season seats/6,000 accounts)..so your comment that 1000+ could buy would mean that 2,300 seats or 16% of all season seats were available....definitely not the case.
1000+ were given the opportunity to purchase tickets which consisted of slim pickings according to previous posts.

It was stated that there was a 97% season seat renewal rate meaning that roughly 420 season seats were available this year. If the average number of seats 2.3 were purchased that would mean 182 people from the registry got tickets this year.

Our season seat representative told us there's actually approximately 5400 season ticket holders.

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
Big difference in being given the opportunity to buy or there being enough tickets to satisfy the actual demand of the 1000+ on the registry who were given the opportunity...

The average STH has 2.3 seats...(14,000 season seats/6,000 accounts)..so your comment that 1000+ could buy would mean that 2,300 seats or 16% of all season seats were available....definitely not the case.
1000+ were given the opportunity to purchase tickets which consisted of slim pickings according to previous posts.

It was stated that there was a 97% season seat renewal rate meaning that roughly 420 season seats were available this year. If the average number of seats 2.3 were purchased that would mean 182 people from the registry got tickets this year.

Double Post

Last edited:

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
Our season seat representative told us there's actually approximately 5400 season ticket holders.

The fewer accounts the longer the wait for the 3000+ on the season seat registry...we were told "roughly between 5500 and 6000 accounts"....so your 5400 makes sense

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I wonder how many companies that were waiting for box availability are going to spring for boxes and lounge seats and vacate their other seats? This could move the line a little.

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
I think there's 14000 season seats in a 16800 capacity arena, using the same ratio with Rogers Place capacity of 18500 would mean 15416 season seats. I'm not sure if the Oilers will do that, but it does make sense.

Oct 15, 2008
I split tickets with a friend this year, we were about 900 in the registry and we got a chance to buy. Took 3 seats in the 300 level. So roughly 20% of the people who got the chance to buy actually did so, probably less. Now we have our foot in the door and get to choose our tickets for the new rink before all those people who passed on "slim pickings" ahead of us. Plus we get to see mcdavids rookie season and the last year in the food old northlands coliseum.

You will be witnessing history in the making. Im a bit envious. Good luck and good call on your part.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yeah, I can't wait. Its going to be a real pleasure, even if it is from the 300's this year.

Those are not bad seats at all and I've seen a lot of history from up in that perch. I like how easily you can see flow of play from there.

The only thing to look out for is the leaners...:rant:

I mean the people that are on the edge of their seat and practically sitting in the next row. Usually with a large hat on.

Up there for some reason its harder to see over people like that. Or the selfie crowd taking pictures of themselves during play.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Those are not bad seats at all and I've seen a lot of history from up in that perch. I like how easily you can see flow of play from there.

The only thing to look out for is the leaners...:rant:

I mean the people that are on the edge of their seat and practically sitting in the next row. Usually with a large hat on.

Up there for some reason its harder to see over people like that. Or the selfie crowd taking pictures of themselves during play.

Haha yeah, we're about 3 or 4 rows from the rail so hopefully we don't get any learners. Or big head guy.

I've been to a few games up there and have always enjoyed it.

oilfansixtynine

ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsᴉƃǝɹ
Jul 9, 2007
over there
Does anyone know how the 'oilers club season seat holder events notice' works for getting tickets? I ordered tickets by faxing in the sheets for slipknot and monster jam but dont know how, when or where to choose my seats for them. The email from the oilers is pretty vague.

JimmyJ88

Sep 14, 2015
Edmonton Alberta
New Registry Wait list guy

New to registry, hoping/preying/fingers crossed, I get a sniff before the Army posts me out of here in a few years. From the looks of what I paid for opening night tickets, my days of finding good seats aftermarket for half face value may be long gone!!

mervincm

Sep 12, 2008
First year season seat holder here. I don't see an easy way to print out the whole years worth of tickets. Am I missing something or do I really have to go into each game, select each seat, then through the print process. this is nuts!

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
First year season seat holder here. I don't see an easy way to print out the whole years worth of tickets. Am I missing something or do I really have to go into each game, select each seat, then through the print process. this is nuts!

Did you get your season ticket package? If so, it should have an orange card(s) for each seat, you mostly use it. You can also use the Edmonton Oilers app if you have a smart phone to enter games. For those games you want to give to someone else, you forward through the account manager.

mervincm

Sep 12, 2008
I did get the package, I didn't realize the "credit card" was in fact useable as an entry ticket. Thanks the the info.

I guess I am old school but I like tickets. In fact I wish we still had the old physical tickets :)

Last edited:

NHLFAN82

Jul 15, 2014
I did get the package, I didn't realize the "credit card" was in fact unable as a entry ticket. Thanks the the info.

I guess I am old school but I like tickets. In fact I wish we still had the old physical tickets :)

The card is the best option.

If for some reason you wanted to print out a bunch of tickets you can hit the "Select tickets in bulk" button when you are in the calendar. Then hit print tickets and select the tickets you want to print. That will put them all in one PDF for printing. You would have to do that for each month.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I did get the package, I didn't realize the "credit card" was in fact useable as an entry ticket. Thanks the the info.

The card is the best option.

If for some reason you wanted to print out a bunch of tickets you can hit the "Select tickets in bulk" button when you are in the calendar. Then hit print tickets and select the tickets you want to print. That will put them all in one PDF for printing. You would have to do that for each month.

Yep, the card is actually my preferred method, since it came in conjunction with the other transfer methods of the bar code for getting into a game. Forwarding a ticket is so much nicer than trying to get a ticket to another person on short notice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad