Season seat upgrade event and registry questions

oilfansixtynine

ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsᴉƃǝɹ
Jul 9, 2007
over there
I'm making a 3.5 hour drive to edmonton this evening for the upgrade, hoping I don't leave dissapointed... I've been use to it though for the past 6 years as a seat holder..

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
I'm glad I hung onto my season tickets section 126 row 5 gonna be worth something finally. Been hard to give away tickets over the last few years

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
How many new season ticket holders get seats every year? I'd like to get season tickets for when the new arena opens but I doubt that many will be available by then.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
How many new season ticket holders get seats every year? I'd like to get season tickets for when the new arena opens but I doubt that many will be available by then.

Someone said 97% renewal this year, so around 400 or something?
In my case 4 or 5 years ago I was #900 and tickets dropped to me there because nobody ahead of me wanted them.

MoLarr

Aug 20, 2014
Eternia
I find this registry talk interesting .

For years I have posted on various message boards, and my brother has on this one, to see if anyone wanted to buy a share of our seats...especially those on a waiting list.

Other than "we'll buy all the good games, leaving you the minny and Columbus games", no one was seriously interested. We proposed a draft for the games, that seemed fair, with the expectation that eventually you'd get your own seats. Club seating with concert pre-sale availability.

For those who seem to be patiently waiting, why wasn't this appealing?

Genuinely interested.

binderjinder

Sep 22, 2010
Season Seat Upgrade

I have a chance to upgrade my seats later today, looking to go from behind the net to more center ice, did anyone notice who went, if there were any 2nd level seats available in the center ice area, specifically colonnade seating?

Thanks

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
I find this registry talk interesting .

For years I have posted on various message boards, and my brother has on this one, to see if anyone wanted to buy a share of our seats...especially those on a waiting list.

Other than "we'll buy all the good games, leaving you the minny and Columbus games", no one was seriously interested. We proposed a draft for the games, that seemed fair, with the expectation that eventually you'd get your own seats. Club seating with concert pre-sale availability.

For those who seem to be patiently waiting, why wasn't this appealing?

Genuinely interested.

This is more then fair, I've been part of and heard of sharing seats and the draft works best. Every game on the table and in our case it was 2 seats and 4 people. We decided each game drafted was both seats and if we happened to go together, great. Everyone got 10 games and the other two games were sold. But we did discuss grouping two sets of preseason tickets as an option. Some discussion was made about the playoff tickets but nothing confirmed
People are unsure about trusting other people they don't know is maybe the only reason as your not actually selecting "hard tickets" so to speak.

Lrrr

Omicron Persei 8
Apr 7, 2010
Edmonton
I have a chance to upgrade my seats later today, looking to go from behind the net to more center ice, did anyone notice who went, if there were any 2nd level seats available in the center ice area, specifically colonnade seating?

Thanks

I went yesterday at 6 and there seemed to be a lot more open than when I went two years ago. We went in with a specific target area (not really expecting anything) but managed to find 3 different options. I was pumped.

sudz49

Sep 14, 2008
My group was season seat holders for the first time this past year. We had four singles in the same section in two groups of two in piggyback formation instead of side by side. We were able to grab those seats while sitting at 1586 on the waiting list.

Went to the upgrade event last night and grabbed two pairs in executive terrace in side by side sections. So we suffered for a year in crappy piggyback singles but now have solid side by side seats and passed a bunch of people on the waiting list hoping to get side by side right off the bat.

oilfansixtynine

ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsᴉƃǝɹ
Jul 9, 2007
over there
My group was season seat holders for the first time this past year. We had four singles in the same section in two groups of two in piggyback formation instead of side by side. We were able to grab those seats while sitting at 1586 on the waiting list.

Went to the upgrade event last night and grabbed two pairs in executive terrace in side by side sections. So we suffered for a year in crappy piggyback singles but now have solid side by side seats and passed a bunch of people on the waiting list hoping to get side by side right off the bat.

Thats a good idea, if I can't get two side by side seats somewhere with my new seats, maybe I'll take a couple piggyback seats in the nosebleeds for the year, if they're available..:popcorn:

Trader

Jan 13, 2007

Were there a lot of tickets available...do you think the 97% renewal rate quoted earlier is accurate?

sudz49

Sep 14, 2008
Were there a lot of tickets available...do you think the 97% renewal rate quoted earlier is accurate?

I wasn't actually there as others from our group made the drive up to Edmonton to attend. Couldn't say anything in regards to renewal rate but there was seats available to be swapped around.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Anyone on the registry get an invite today? They were supposed to send them out curious how far down the list it went this year, I haven't seen one yet but I'm in the 1200's.

northern2020

Nov 23, 2003
I'm #818

Registery since 2010

I'm wondering if the new arena seating increase would get me in?!

Oilrider

Jul 5, 2011
Mostly Edmonton
I didn't get an invite. I am now 1119. Looking back in my email history, and I was 1870 on 02/20/13, then 1542 on 02/19/14, and as of 01/21/15 I am now 1119.

I'm hoping that with the increase in seating capacity at Rogers I will have tickets available to me. I'm curious about people getting an invite and buying tickets at a higher number than I am now. I don't think I've ever had an opportunity to buy.

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
So, what day is your ticket selection day for those people that have been selected to purchase season seats?

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton

That is what we did, too. Took a set of piggyback seats last year, then upgraded to side by side this year. Even got aisle seats.

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
Currently capacity is approximately 16800 and Rogers Place will be approximately 18500. I think there are 13500 season ticket seats now, so I don't see a huge increase in the new barn. Maybe 500-1000 at most.

Eirhead*

I'm like 900ish. I had a season ticket the season before last but didn't renew because not only was it a craptastic year, but I was informed that there was basically no way to upgrade my ticket to 2 tickets beside each other next year. I would have to buy a ticket somewhere else in 2014, then in 2015 when I renew I could move to find seats closer together. So I said f that, and just cancelled but kept my place in the registry.

Not only that, but my work moved me away for the winter season that year, and I was really chapped when the Oilers did basically nothing to help me out. Probably about 30 of my tickets went unsold and I had it listed for $20. I know singles aren't that appealing, but that was just ridiculous. Basically threw away $1300 for nothing.

I'm going to try and go for 2 tickets this year, but I'm sceptical there will be any seats left by my turn.

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
I'm going to bump this thread as I'm still curious if the all the tickets have been claimed or if people lower on the list are still being offered a chance to buy tickets.

I'm in the 1200's and I have not been offered a chance at anything (including singles).

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
I'm going to bump this thread as I'm still curious if the all the tickets have been claimed or if people lower on the list are still being offered a chance to buy tickets.

I'm in the 1200's and I have not been offered a chance at anything (including singles).

Same with My buddy who is around 800

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad