Season seat upgrade event and registry questions

oilfansixtynine

ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsᴉƃǝɹ
Jul 9, 2007
over there
I'll be in the seat upgrade event tomorrow at around 7pm and wondering what are the chances of getting 2 seats in either executive sections 124 or 132, or possibly silver sections 122 or 134.

Is it all silver and gold sections that have club access?

I'm also on the registry for two more seat and got an email today saying im in the 1400's for new seats, which hasn't changed since January. What are the chances of getting a couple more this year? According to the email I believe it is all going to be done early July and online, has this been the case for the past few years? When I got my current seats about 5 years ago I had to go to rexall to choose seats iirc.

Last edited:

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Very curious how this works as well I'm around 1650 so I know I'm a few years out but still good information for future.
As well i think there are options to get club access outside gold and silver not 100 percent though

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm at 2,547 on the list. Can't imagine that I would make it in before the new rink is finished.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Last year I was in the 1500's and did not get the chance to buy. I'm in the 1200's this year so I'm hoping for a chance but I doubt there will be anything left I am interested in. Probably have to wait until the new rink which will hopefully open more season seats!

I know from previous threads that up to the 1400's last year were given an invite to buy but there wasn't much left for them.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Last year I was in the 1500's and did not get the chance to buy. I'm in the 1200's this year so I'm hoping for a chance but I doubt there will be anything left I am interested in. Probably have to wait until the new rink which will hopefully open more season seats!

I know from previous threads that up to the 1400's last year were given an invite to buy but there wasn't much left for them.

you expect new rink to open up more season seats?? :amazed: I have a feeling that finding tickets for games at the new arena would be very costly the first few years. Everyone would want season tickets..

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
How does the seat purchase work now? all online with time slots?

I think this is correct, all online now.

you expect new rink to open up more season seats?? :amazed: I have a feeling that finding tickets for games at the new arena would be very costly the first few years. Everyone would want season tickets..

What I mean is that more seats in the new arena will hopefully mean more overall season ticket holders, so they would go to people on the registry.

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
Has anyone heard what the season ticket renewal rate was...given that the upgrade starts today it would be great if someone could provide an update on the number of seats available.

mervincm

Sep 12, 2008
I am on the list but really not sure how it works/ what I should do to be honest.
I would appreciate advice from folks with experience...

Yesterday the Oilers let me know I am #800.

What are the chances that I will have an opportunity to get some seasons seats? I am expecting that I might / should have access to some.

has anyone compiled or seen a FAQ around owning seasons tickets (I never have before)

Is it fair to say I should pick up something (as long as they are not terrible) in the assumption that it will give me a significant advantage in choosing tickets in the new arena?

I only need a pair, is it fair to say that will only make a single pair available to me?

As I understand it, There is very little ability to transfer the tickets between entities. Is there an issue transferring from myself to a company I own or vis-versa? I wonder if I should put them in my personal name or my company name.

Other than the seats themselves, and the bonus oilerbucks, and benefits that I should know about?

I have bought pieces of seasons tickets before, I think I understand the costs

millax

Dec 24, 2005
I am on the list but really not sure how it works/ what I should do to be honest.
I would appreciate advice from folks with experience...

Yesterday the Oilers let me know I am #800.

What are the chances that I will have an opportunity to get some seasons seats? I am expecting that I might / should have access to some.

has anyone compiled or seen a FAQ around owning seasons tickets (I never have before)

Is it fair to say I should pick up something (as long as they are not terrible) in the assumption that it will give me a significant advantage in choosing tickets in the new arena?

I only need a pair, is it fair to say that will only make a single pair available to me?

As I understand it, There is very little ability to transfer the tickets between entities. Is there an issue transferring from myself to a company I own or vis-versa? I wonder if I should put them in my personal name or my company name.

Other than the seats themselves, and the bonus oilerbucks, and benefits that I should know about?

I have bought pieces of seasons tickets before, I think I understand the costs

If you have asked for a pair they will offer you up the choice of all of the pairs that are accessible. Before anyone on the registry is offered their seats current season ticket holders are able to go and choose from what is available. At the end of the day, all the seats not taken by current season ticket holders are then made available to #1 on the registry, and if they decline, to #2 etc.

You get a few small tokens per seat you have. Oilerbucks, discount at the oilers store and partner restaurants etc. You also usually get a couple of free tickets to the Oil Kings home opener and "VIP" invites to other events. Also, you will see a higher chance of winning things on those "Fan Appreciation Nights".

You will also have an account manager assigned to your season seat account and they can help you with requests related to the team. I have used this to get jersey's autographed for my wife and things like that.

All current season ticket holders are being assigned seats in the new arena that are supposed to closely match what we currently have. Sometime in July they are supposedly opening a office somewhere which you can sit and see a virtual experience of what you seats will be like in the new building. You can then upgrade or move around if you wish.

If you have any other questions let me know..

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
I'm astonished not one person in the first 1200 on the waiting list dropped at the renewal period in Feb considering how **** the season was. With us winning the lottery I can't see anyone outside the first 500 to have a shot at season tickets next year.... I'm having a hard time believing I'll be offered the chance at tickets for the new arena :-/

oilfansixtynine

ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsᴉƃǝɹ
Jul 9, 2007
over there

I have just trasferred from my personal name to my company, they require corporate documents with your name on it and an email with you requesting the transfer. They also said if you sell the company the tickets go with it and that you can to put them back in your personal name before the company sells or transfers or whatever.

oilfansixtynine

ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsᴉƃǝɹ
Jul 9, 2007
over there
I'm astonished not one person in the first 1200 on the waiting list dropped at the renewal period in Feb considering how **** the season was. With us winning the lottery I can't see anyone outside the first 500 to have a shot at season tickets next year.... I'm having a hard time believing I'll be offered the chance at tickets for the new arena :-/

my position hasn't changed one spot since january.. I'm assuming everyone renewed by the June 5th deadline and noone gave up their seats....

Backhand Topshelf

Jun 20, 2015
Red Deer
Last year I was at 1582 and had a dozen or more seats fall to me, but were all singles and I did not bite. This year I am at 1155 and would rather wait until the new arena opens before I purchase season tickets, but the question is: How many new season tickets are going to be made available next year, and what are the chances of getting them side by side?

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
Last year I was at 1582 and had a dozen or more seats fall to me, but were all singles and I did not bite. This year I am at 1155 and would rather wait until the new arena opens before I purchase season tickets, but the question is: How many new season tickets are going to be made available next year, and what are the chances of getting them side by side?

If that's true the Oilers have some explaining to do. I was at 1545 last year and was not offered the chance to buy anything... WTF? Also, how did you jump me in the line if you were 1582 in June last year? I am in the mid 1200's as of this morning.

Backhand Topshelf

Jun 20, 2015
Red Deer
If that's true the Oilers have some explaining to do. I was at 1545 last year and was not offered the chance to buy anything... WTF? Also, how did you jump me in the line if you were 1582 in June last year? I am in the mid 1200's as of this morning.

This is my email that I got last year.

Later this spring, the Edmonton Oilers will begin renewing Season Seats for the 2014-15 season. At the conclusion of the renewal process, a limited number of Oilers Season Seats may become available for the 2014-15 season. Those seats, if any, will be made available exclusively to members of the Oilers Season Seat Registry in priority order. Members of the Season Seat Registry who become eligible will be contacted in the spring.

You are currently number 1582 on the Registry.

j45j45

Jun 22, 2015
Edm
Another data point: At #2501 -- I signed up for the registry again within a minute or two of the lottery win (I don't think they had cut to the McDavid interview yet). Wonder how many others signed up after me.

Good to see where I am (A few years out)... Will keep on sharing tickets with a buddy.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Another data point: At #2501 -- I signed up for the registry again within a minute or two of the lottery win (I don't think they had cut to the McDavid interview yet). Wonder how many others signed up after me.

Good to see where I am (A few years out)... Will keep on sharing tickets with a buddy.

I signed up about half an hour after the lottery win and I'm 2,547.

Andrew B

Oct 13, 2008
St. Albert
Ive been a season ticket holder since 96.

The upgrade event is always a dissapointment, to the point that I haven't gone since 2004?

Very rare to find 2 seats together in an appealing section, probably because why would they give them up?

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Ive been a season ticket holder since 96.

The upgrade event is always a dissapointment, to the point that I haven't gone since 2004?

Very rare to find 2 seats together in an appealing section, probably because why would they give them up?

Well you have really missed out then(of course depending on where you sit) I moved 2 times in 3 years

Got awesome seat behind oiler net. 128 first year then stayed in same section. Lower down and on aisle. Didn't go this year because with McDavid my rep said they had almost 97% renewal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad