Season seat upgrade event and registry questions

Eirhead*

No emails yet at 900ish here.

Not sure if I'll get one, if they gradually role it out I wouldn't be surprised if all the singles get snagged up this year.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'm probably a good 3 years away. I signed up for the registry last week when I should have done it before the draft lottery.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
I would agree with previous posters that taking anything even remotely tolerable for a year and then upgrading is a good way to go, this is what I did. One season behind the net in the last row of blue, upgraded to executive terrace on the blue line. I was ~1100 on the list when I did this 5 years ago.

Especially with the new arena next year there should be decent options offered even to sth's with 1 year tenure.

Last edited:

Eirhead*

I would agree with previous posters that taking anything even remotely tolerable for a year and then upgrading is a good way way to go, this is what I did. One season behind the net in the last row of blue, upgraded to executive terrace on the blue line. I was ~1100 on the list when I did this 5 years ago.

Especially with the new arena next year there should be decent options offered even to sth's with 1 year tenure.

I would just like to get multiple seats within a row and a few seats of each other. Side by side just about anywhere would be gravy. I know last time all that was available were scattered singles, and I don't expect it to be much different this go around. I know mid season it's usually not too hard to maneuver yourself into sitting beside your friend, but with McDavid coming in, I expect attendance to be up and I'd like to be at least in earshot of my game buddy if I'm stuck in my single seat.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I would just like to get multiple seats within a row and a few seats of each other. Side by side just about anywhere would be gravy. I know last time all that was available were scattered singles, and I don't expect it to be much different this go around. I know mid season it's usually not too hard to maneuver yourself into sitting beside your friend, but with McDavid coming in, I expect attendance to be up and I'd like to be at least in earshot of my game buddy if I'm stuck in my single seat.

Don't be those guys that yell at each other back and forth all game from 5 seats away...For the love of all that is good in this world, please don't. Those are the most annoying fans possible.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Not even sure how to check. I've been looking all over on the Oiler's website.

If you just signed up a week ago you'll have to email a ticket rep to get your number.

They send out your spot in line a couple times a year through email, and if you recently signed up you probably missed the last one.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
No emails yet at 900ish here.

Not sure if I'll get one, if they gradually role it out I wouldn't be surprised if all the singles get snagged up this year.

I'm splitting with a friend and we were in the 800's. So you are pretty close.

mervincm

Sep 12, 2008
If you have asked for a pair they will offer you up the choice of all of the pairs that are accessible. Before anyone on the registry is offered their seats current season ticket holders are able to go and choose from what is available. At the end of the day, all the seats not taken by current season ticket holders are then made available to #1 on the registry, and if they decline, to #2 etc.

You get a few small tokens per seat you have. Oilerbucks, discount at the oilers store and partner restaurants etc. You also usually get a couple of free tickets to the Oil Kings home opener and "VIP" invites to other events. Also, you will see a higher chance of winning things on those "Fan Appreciation Nights".

You will also have an account manager assigned to your season seat account and they can help you with requests related to the team. I have used this to get jersey's autographed for my wife and things like that.

All current season ticket holders are being assigned seats in the new arena that are supposed to closely match what we currently have. Sometime in July they are supposedly opening a office somewhere which you can sit and see a virtual experience of what you seats will be like in the new building. You can then upgrade or move around if you wish.

If you have any other questions let me know..

I picked up a pair this AM in sec 204. I couldn't find anything side by side, but I got a pair essentially front to front. There may have been better seats, but I didnt see anything in the few minutes you get before they rot your shopping cart. 1 year sacrifice to get in on the Season ticket holders only upgrade for next year. it appears that I have some folks to split my tix with as well, since 42 games is simply too many for me to coordinate. Everything is looking good so far this off-season!!

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
I picked up a pair this AM in sec 204. I couldn't find anything side by side, but I got a pair essentially front to front. There may have been better seats, but I didnt see anything in the few minutes you get before they rot your shopping cart. 1 year sacrifice to get in on the Season ticket holders only upgrade for next year. it appears that I have some folks to split my tix with as well, since 42 games is simply too many for me to coordinate. Everything is looking good so far this off-season!!

Congrats, if you don't mind me asking what number were you on the season seat registry?
Hopefully other people will post and let us know how they made out.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Am the proud father to three new season tickets in the 200's behind the net where the Oilers shoot twice. Was on the registry at around 750. There were about 4-5 sections of 3 in a row and maybe 40-50 singles, where some had one sitting in front of the other or across the row. I really didn't want to sit in seats that were only near each other and def didn't want a single, so I swallowed it and got the three. Hopefully this doesn't burn me, like in the past where I split seasons with a friend and couldn't give them away by December.

Last edited:

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
Think I got the last pair near each other in the 200's, one in front of the other in Section 230, I was 1248 on the registry.

There was NOTHING in the 300's yesterday at 1:00, and a few select singles in the 200's, and one or two in the Silver section in the lower bowl.

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
Think I got the last pair near each other in the 200's, one in front of the other in Section 230, I was 1248 on the registry.

There was NOTHING in the 300's yesterday at 1:00, and a few select singles in the 200's, and one or two in the Silver section in the lower bowl.

Thanks for the update...must have been a lot of people pass if you were able to get tickets at #1248.
The fact that people would pass is surprising

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
The fact that people would pass is surprising

Very... I wasn't thrilled at having to spend the extra money, as I really only budgeted for seats in the Gallery/300's. But, there was no way I was risking not getting tickets for the new arena.

I have a feeling there's not going to be as many available new seats at Rogers Place as people think there will be(hence people passing on tickets this season).

I'm just hoping us new season ticket holders won't be excluded from being given the new jerseys that were announced for season ticket holders.

glendroid

Mar 17, 2009
Very... I wasn't thrilled at having to spend the extra money, as I really only budgeted for seats in the Gallery/300's. But, there was no way I was risking not getting tickets for the new arena.

I have a feeling there's not going to be as many available new seats at Rogers Place as people think there will be(hence people passing on tickets this season).

I'm just hoping us new season ticket holders won't be excluded from being given the new jerseys that were announced for season ticket holders.

I'm hoping we get those too. We waited on the registry for close to 6 years. Got tickets in section 214 this year! I emailed customer service to ask if we do or not.

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
I wonder if the jersey's are going to eliminate the "Oiler Bucks" that were given out in the past.

Trader

Jan 13, 2007
I wonder if the jersey's are going to eliminate the "Oiler Bucks" that were given out in the past.

"Oiler Bucks" are a bonus for renewing your season seats.
So if you are a new season seat holder you won't be getting any "bucks" this year. (No need to give you a bonus this year to sweeten the pot as you were one of many lining up just hoping to be given the opportunity to purchase seats and get in the building)!!
Next year when the Oilers want you to renew your seats the bonus is you will get $100 in Oiler bucks per seat if you do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad