Season Seat Renewals

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
No, what is bad is you claiming the market sucks because we have an owner who invested in the product from 2003 to about 2008 and bled the city and fans dry after.

I don't care about the Rough Riders or the 67's or any other sports team. This city was 100% behind the Senators up to 2013, when it became absolutely crystal clear that Melnyk was not interested in spending to make the team more competitive.

Oh I’ve changed my tune and don’t go there as of the new year. A New Years resolution of sorts. It just took away from meaningful debate and created some weird kind of guilt infused anger and excuse making. It serves no purpose as people apparently are not to be judged on how they are a fan because, doggone it , you can’t do that here.

And , no, the house was papered during those notes glory years of outstanding support. Ottawa is what it is.

But I will not hide the fact that this is an average NHL hockey market at best, imo.

You are welcome to remember what I said in the past. I choose not to label fans anymore as I was tired of the fighting and bickering. Even though many try to troll it out of me!

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Melynk won't spend money on this team and fans have decided they won't either. Everyone has a choice except Melynk's choice result in a empty building.

I don't care if they giveaway cars at the game or whatever perks, only perk I care about is solid ownership icing best team possible and not mismanaging our assets and driving the good players out of town. That's a great Perk I would like to see.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Oh I’ve changed my tune and don’t go there as of the new year. A New Years resolution of sorts. It just took away from meaningful debate and created some weird kind of guilt infused anger and excuse making. It serves no purpose as people apparently are not to be judged on how they are a fan because, doggone it , you can’t do that here.

And , no, the house was papered during those notes glory years of outstanding support. Ottawa is what it is.

But I will not hide the fact that this is an average NHL hockey market at best, imo.

You are welcome to remember what I said in the past. I choose not to label fans anymore as I was tired of the fighting and bickering. Even though many try to troll it out of me!
Which years were papered with freebies? Do you have an article stating anything?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Melynk won't spend money on this team and fans have decided they won't either. Everyone has a choice except Melynk's choice result in a empty building.

I don't care if they giveaway cars at the game or whatever perks, only perk I care about is solid ownership icing best team possible and not mismanaging our assets and driving the good players out of town. That's a great Perk I would like to see.

I made a point to tell the COO that it is time for action , not words. I said signing Chabot this summer would go a long way. I think they know that . I am with you, we need proof and actions. When the time comes, Brady has to be taken care of as well.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Which years were papered with freebies? Do you have an article stating anything?
It has been well established as nauseum. Come on, we have all been through this. Especially with Coladin the terrible last year. It was in Sun/Citizen articles with Cyril Leeder. I used to get 6 those years, then 4 then phased out the last couple years.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It has been well established as nauseum. Come on, we have all been through this. Especially with Coladin the terrible last year. It was in Sun/Citizen articles with Cyril Leeder. I used to get 6 those years, then 4 then phased out the last couple years.
I know for sure freebies we're given out a year or two prior to last but don't remember anything about freebies during the glory years.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Its an old discussion that's been repeated ad nauseum on these forums. Are you interested in an argument or is this more of a bad memory thing? Leave it be. And if you truly can't remember this subject being beat to death, look it up.

Reactions: coladin

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I guess it's not surprising coming from you
That i can't make sense of what you are saying?

I could spell out for you why your response to the original post didn't make sense but let's skip it and stick with ceci lol

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Its an old discussion that's been repeated ad nauseum on these forums. Are you interested in an argument or is this more of a bad memory thing? Leave it be. And if you truly can't remember this subject being beat to death, look it up.
Why would I be interested in an argument? What an odd statement.

It's not that I don't remember. It's that I never heard of papering the arena during the glory years. I remembered it being papered a year or two before last but nothing beyond that.

Find me an article because I couldn't find anything

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Why would I be interested in an argument? What an odd statement.

It's not that I don't remember. It's that I never heard of papering the arena during the glory years. I remembered it being papered a year or two before last but nothing beyond that.

Find me an article because I couldn't find anything

My apologies. Being a regular here i thpught you would have stumbled across the discussion.

I googled cyril leeder free tickets. This is on the first page of hits. It touches on it.

There's lots out there on the subject.

Out Of Left Field: Senators: 3,000 freebie tickets; paid attendance firm across most of NHL

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
My apologies. Being a regular here i thpught you would have stumbled across the discussion.

I googled cyril leeder free tickets. This is on the first page of hits. It touches on it.

There's lots out there on the subject.

Out Of Left Field: Senators: 3,000 freebie tickets; paid attendance firm across most of NHL
Lots and lots. But you know they don’t want to hear it. I told him I got 6 free games a year already.

Fans are perfect and the organization is to blame for everything.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Lots and lots. But you know they don’t want to hear it. I told him I got 6 free games a year already.

It's crazy, eh? Sometimes I wonder if some of the twitter accounts that feed this train of thought are actually paid to devalue to organization for the sole motivation to move the team somewhere else.

Imagine that. That is a great conspiracy theory. ;)

Reactions: coladin

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It's crazy, eh? Sometimes I wonder if some of the twitter accounts that feed this train of thought are actually paid to devalue to organization for the sole motivation to move the team somewhere else.

Imagine that. That is a great conspiracy theory. ;)

It certainly is a great conspiracy theory....interesting

All the shite that people post in here about melnyk paying them to post...this is the first time i've seen a crazy theory and i think to myself ya i could see melnyk doing that.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Last decade ... back in the days of great attendance...i worked for a company with a box and i attended about 1/2 the games in the box for a few years. We always had free pairs from our rep...tons of them...if that guy wasn't calling to offer you'd just call him up and ask.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Last decade ... back in the days of great attendance...i worked for a company with a box and i attended about 1/2 the games in the box for a few years. We always had free pairs from our rep...tons of them...if that guy wasn't calling to offer you'd just call him up and ask.
Right, it was a known and very understood thing. Ottawa loves freebies and who can blame them? Senators were giving them out hand over fist, as that article illustrated.

But then the Sens attendance tracker thread pops up and all the haters are reveling and relishing the freebies given out. Pfft. This team is the freebie capital of hockey and glad that the article spelled it out nicely.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I’m a Ducks fan. I emailed your owner tonight.

I feel for you guys. I really do.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Any predictions on how bad the renewal rate will decrease for next season?

They are probably near rock bottom as it stands. Every business has a certain core, inalienable customer base and those are probably the only ones left buying Sens season tickets at this point.

Prior to the season, Chris Stevenson said the team had fewer than 4k full season packages sold. That number will likely come down, but again - how much further can it realistically drop?

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad