GDT: Season Opener | Panthers @ Lightning | 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I'm not that upset, tbh. It's game 1, away, against one of the best teams in the league. Luongo going down blows, but there's plenty of time before game 2, so hopefully its nothing serious. There were some good signs out there and Barkov looks spectacular. Going to remain optimistic going ahead for the first time in years.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
He was creating incredible space for himself and his hand-eye coordination seems to be on another level. He could seemingly do whatever he wanted out there, hopefully it translates into some big numbers.

That first shift in OT was on another level. He just makes it look so casual fending off multiple players and creating chances.

Reactions: StrangeVision

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Vasy was easily the best player on the ice. Does anyone actually disagree? It wasn't even close. We play like we did tonight and we will be fine.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm not that upset, tbh. It's game 1, away, against one of the best teams in the league. Luongo going down blows, but there's plenty of time before game 2, so hopefully its nothing serious. There were some good signs out there and Barkov looks spectacular. Going to remain optimistic going ahead for the first time in years.
He could miss 6 weeks and it is only like 8 games as Florida plays so few. There are no negatives here, TBL is elite and Florida pulled out a road point.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
And when you already pissed on and search for an excuse or someone to blame.
Blame the rusty Refs, they doesnt give us clear PS. Even FS-Sun commentary duo was asking. What will be the explanation for not been a Penalty shot? Cause it was a 100% one.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Provided Luongo is not out for an extended period of time, we have a good hockey team here guys. Sure, things need to be worked on, but the talent is evident, we just need to keep trying to improve each game. 40+ shots against one of the top teams in the league, in their home opener, is a good place to start.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Vasy was easily the best player on the ice. Does anyone actually disagree? It wasn't even close. We play like we did tonight and we will be fine.

He was very good but we also did make him look great. Most of our shots straight into the chest. You could argue that's because his good positioning.

Reactions: drktmplr12

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
I honestly feel like we outplayed them it's the first game so I'm not looking too much into it. Not sure how I feel about 5fwd Pp I think it lead to the equalizer.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
He was very good but we also did make him look great. Most of our shots straight into the chest. You could argue that's because his good positioning.

Thank you. I actually thought he'd fall asleep if he faced even one more "fierce" Trocheck backhand. My god were those embarassing.

Reactions: Mogo

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I honestly feel like we outplayed them it's the first game so I'm not looking too much into it. Not sure how I feel about 5fwd Pp I think it lead to the equalizer.

It came down to Tro for whatever reason parking it when the TB player in front of him had the puck, if he fled the zone he would've been able to assist Barkov or at least tie up the trailer. That goal was 100% on that mistake.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Sucks that we have to wait until Thursday, but excited about this team. If the top wingers shake off the rust, they'll be a dangerous group.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

We dominated them in the 1st, they got us in the 2nd for the most part, and we returned the favor in the 3rd, for the most part as well. We had the better chances in OT as well, and if it wasnt for Vasy, and for a few good saves by Reimer, we win the game 5-2/3.

I would like to see Mattheson with Tro and Hoffman in OT, not Ekblad. I think that trios speed could be a huge factor for such a late game situation.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I mean the PP couldn't been more of a disaster. They actually gave up a goal

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
All the offense comes from a career minor leaguer.

Defenseman.

"But so much depth amongst our forwards. Borg and Greco ain't cracking all this deeeeeeepth."

Sounds about right.

Borg doesnt even played tonight in the Season Opener for Springfield, for that we send him down into the AHL.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
All the offense comes from a career minor leaguer.

Defenseman.

"But so much depth amongst our forwards. Borg and Greco ain't cracking all this deeeeeeepth."

Sounds about right.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
"We're not happy. We expected to win this game." -Trocheck

Water is wet.

Awesome reporting. Tells me a lot."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad