GDT: Season Opener | Panthers @ Lightning | 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
This f***ing schedule. They don't play till next Thursday and I waited from Wednesday for game one. Holy.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Florida's definitely going to beat the Canucks so if they can get a point or 2 off CBJ (which will be tough) they're in great shape. Only thing to work on is the powerplay, only negative tonight.

Penguins lost to the Habs and the Leafs lost to the Sens they should just blow it up right?

I thought people were going to overreact and think Florida was way better than they are, but if you read the last 2 pages you'd have sworn Florida lost 5-1 at home to Vancouver.

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Panthers winning with Lu in net.

Panthers lose with Reimer in net.

To the surprise of no one.

Scoring 3 goals in a game is like moving Heaven and Earth for this franchise.
But for Vasilevskii, FL scores 5 or 6
and wins easily

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I've been at a wedding all night.... What I miss?

Vatrano may have ended Luongo's career, our unparalled depth yielded 1 goal, 0/5 on PP, Tampa played like shit, shot count doesn't reflect how little Vasi was tested, we lost.....and the fans seem content with all of this...optimistic even

Reactions: Haj and MPGA

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Pretty obvious they were doomed as it moved into OT. Satori gone, Hutch in minors. Here we are depending on Reimer. Lord help us.
Reimer with a huge save to get it to OT, the tying goal was not his fault...even after a horrendous snafu on the PP, it took a "panthers are doomed" crazy bounce for the SHGA to happen. Why does TB always seem to get those bounces against us?
Vasilevskii must be Russian for, How the f*** did he stop that?!,.. or maybe it just translates to, "Newman!!"

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
and that's why we need a 40 goal scorer. but seriously, a 5 fwd PP with the lead near the end of the game? you have to credit the panthers with always finding clever ways to piss us off. absolute legends they r.

Reactions: Haj and Boothinator

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
"Sickening" is being a fan of a team that has sucked for forever and a day, and then coming off a summer of that team trumpeting their glorious depth, that fan is A-OK with a loss in which the team posted one goal of support.....from a minor league journeyman defenseman. THAT is sickening.
Dude, did you even f***ing watch the game? Vasilevskii was the difference, goalies happen. So tired of those who try to twist everything they see to fit the mantra of the shit they've been spouting to show us all how intelligent of a hockey fan they are. Without Vasi, that game is 4-0 after 1. But, no, The goalie wasn't good, we just suck....we're terrible!!
Interesting (not you Mia-Bklyn) that I see posts for every f***up Petro makes, but complete silence after he eliminates a guy coming over the blue into the zone, silence when he lights Stamkos up, no mention of his shots getting thru from the point and challenging Vasi, or any of the other "unnoticeable" little plays he made..... The same is true for every Panther player, Focus and harp on the negative, and ignore any positives. We are Panthers fans!!
It's f***ing funny how some here rag on Barky for being a "robot" but then ridicule every one else because they are not machine-like enough.
The Panther team that played tonight will win far more often than they lose.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
1 goal given up against a heavy cup favorite where we outplayed them for a majority of the game.

Not hard to look at it positively too. The Leafs lost in regulation to the Sens. That's much worse.

Yeah, a Leafs team that is expected to challenge Tampa for best in the division/conference. So they lose to a Ottawa, Pitt loses to Montreal, and we lose to TB in a skills competition; that makes us the 2nd best team in the conference. I’ll take that.

See, that makes about as much sense as people complaining after an OTL to start the season, in a game that was won by the other teams goalie. People are bitching like they expect us to go 82-0, or they’ve never seen a goalie steal a win before.

And btw, that Leafs team has bigger problems to deal with. That defense is worse than ours, and I don’t see how Andersen is that goalie to take them to the promise land.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
and that's why we need a 40 goal scorer. but seriously, a 5 fwd PP with the lead near the end of the game? you have to credit the panthers with always finding clever ways to piss us off. absolute legends they r.
I have to agree, going with the (as of now) questionable 5 forward PP with the lead in the third period is,umm, questionable, at least. With a D out there on the PP, it's at least that Dman back with Barky riding to the rescue, this 5 forward way it was Barky left on an island. That was a Highly questionable coaching decision at that time/situation of the game (imo).
(And even so, it took crazy pinball bounces for that goal to happen)

Last edited:

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
I just don't get playing a 5 forward pp with a lead late in a game. That's the only thing from this game that really baffles me

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Florida's definitely going to beat the Canucks so if they can get a point or 2 off CBJ (which will be tough) they're in great shape. Only thing to work on is the powerplay, only negative tonight.

I thought people were going to overreact and think Florida was way better than they are, but if you read the last 2 pages you'd have sworn Florida lost 5-1 at home to Vancouver.

Sorry dont be so sure on Vancouver, Markstrome feeling well after all the bad Years and the young Forwards in Vancouver give them current an extra Push.
From what saw till now from them, maybe not a PO Team, but they will trouble their Opponents from time to time.

Reactions: Jakeybonz

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

But i think the 5 forwards was the best Idea for a PP that never really worked. When they say now trying is over back to the usual Lines. Then the Times comeing and they will splitt up the whole PP.
I hope Huberdeau is not the only one who joined the 2nd PP Unit.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Blaming Vatrano for injuring Luongo. Classic HFBoards. And the same person who said Lu would play 60-70 this year (or something like that). :laugh:

Sorry who felt on Loungo cause loosing edge infront the Net? And who pushed an opponent, in a Preseason Game, into Loungo. And who spins wild around in front of the net, while everyone colapse.
I dont say Vatrano did all the Injuries before on Loungo, but this one goes 100% on him.
No matter i had a bad feeling on Loungo after he doesnt moved in the first 10 Minutes of the Game. What indicated how bad it looks on him already.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
It was a well played by us! I really liked the effort all the time.. Well, Tampa got a lucky bounce and this is what happens sometimes

And you gotta give Vasilevskiy credit. Man, has he made some saves in this game! We also missed some chances. But boy does Hoffman look great. Could have easily won the game in regulation or OT if not for Vasilevskiy!!

Reactions: GigaChad

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Did MacDonald play at all in the 3rd period...I didnt really notice him anymore while watching the game..His TOI was about 10 minutes

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
The team loooked good and dominated most of the game Vasilevsky stole that one for Tampa. The bottom depth is still a problem despite Brouwer looking good. If McKenzie is out for an extended time I wonder who gets the call up

Reactions: Boothinator

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Honestly thought they played very well. Everyone played a really solid game. If the Panthers consistency bring that level of play throughout the season, then it's going to be a very good one. Thought Matheson looked really good.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
The only mistake last night, aside from not scoring on the PP, was the 5 forward PP when we had the lead in the 3rd. Should have went more traditional, instead trying to break the ice of the five forward group. Aside from that ,we played well. We played with a lot of speed, our forecheck was good, and I like the more aggressiveness on the PK. I think our speed is going to cause a lot of problems for teams this season.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
The Panthers dominated the team that's "supposed" to fight for the Stanley Cup. They had the upcoming Vezina winner save over 40 shots and lost in a shootout while only letting 1 goal go by the backup goalie.
Hoffman hit 2 posts and Barkov had what 2 breakaways? Yet fans here are acting like children out of candy. Wake up

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Gotta start finding a way to take 2 points in games like that. That’s the difference between us and Tampa plus a handful of other teams in the east right now. Ya you could easily argue we “deserved” 2 points, but at this stage, moral victories mean nothing. It’s about results and scoring once on that many opportunities is unacceptable. Games like this are why Tampa WILL make the playoffs and why we MIGHT make the playoffs.

Reactions: Jakeybonz

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Vatrano may have ended Luongo's career, our unparalled depth yielded 1 goal, 0/5 on PP, Tampa played like ****, shot count doesn't reflect how little Vasi was tested, we lost.....and the fans seem content with all of this...optimistic even

This is the best team we've had in 18 years ainec, it's easy to see
Sure there are some things to work on and we are not a top contender yet, but there is a lot of talent on this team plus we do have good depth in the minors, theres no doubt about that. We have borgstrom, hunt, lammikko all ready to come up and can slot in respectively as 7-10 minute players and mccoshen, macdonald, melchiori on defense. Even hutchinson is th3 best 3rd stringer we've had in a long time.

Reactions: I am not exposed

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I just don't get playing a 5 forward pp with a lead late in a game. That's the only thing from this game that really baffles me
Boughner prob didn't think we could hold the shutout and I tend to agree. The goal against was a lucky bounce, imo. I can't see Yandle or Ekblad playing the 2 on 1 much better.

Reactions: Boothinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad