Florida Panthers 25th Anniversary

Florida Panthers (@FlaPanthers) | Twitter

The Florida Panthers

Panthers vs. Lightning - Game Preview - October 6, 2018 - ESPN

Florida Panthers - Tampa Bay Lightning - October 6th, 2018

Florida Panthers out to prove they are Stanley Cup contenders - Sportsnet.ca

Notebook: Panthers Ready for Opening Night; MacDonald's Dream Comes True

Rats Roundup: The Season Is Here, Cats Get Funky

With this superstar and a loaded roster, the Panthers look poised for a playoff run

Super 16: Lightning start season at No. 1

gdtp2.jpg

raiseroof_zpsejwmomvl.GIF
25th.png

Lineups.gif

GDTPART2.jpg

25th.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 3.00.28 PM.png

25th.png

CANES.png

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
To pick up on the convo in the pre game thread...

McCann had a pretty good preseason. He played well last year and got better as the season went on. Our third line as it stands is one of our better third lines in recent memory and I'd bet anything it will change as the season goes on. Maybe I'm an outlier but I'm pretty high on him as a 3C and I think he's going to take a big step forward this season.

Vatrano was a shrewd pickup by Tallon and he's a guy who adds speed, versatility in the lineup, is physical, and can score at a decent clip. He's another player I'm high on.

I've always been a fan of Malgin, I think people forget he started playing in the NHL at what, 19? He's only 21. He's going to naturally get better.

The 2nd and 3rd lines can be mixed and matched with players and we all know Boughner will shuffle players around if necessary.

D wise, I'd like to have gotten a legit top 4 D but that's always easier said than done. We'll see how big of a step forward Ekblad and Matheson can take this year, Weegar too. Will Yandle have as good of a year as he did last year is the biggest question mark to me on D. Our depth improved on D even if we're not going with a new legit top 4 D.

I'm struggling to see how anyone can't be excited about this roster. It's our best lineup in our 25 years.

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
D wise, I'd like to have gotten a legit top 4 D but that's always easier said than done. We'll see how big of a step forward Ekblad and Matheson can take this year, Weegar too. Will Yandle have as good of a year as he did last year is the biggest question mark to me on D. Our depth improved on D even if we're not going with a new legit top 4 D.

Plus, I don't think that the Calculator allows to trade something like 1st + Pysyk + Stillman for e.g. Trouba who's looking for a $7mil AAV contract with 30pts per season and, on top that, the Seattle exp draft is a common topic within in a year. Tallon and his cronies are just going to roll with what we have now or what they can pry from the market place way below the usual valuation.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I was really enjoying this GDT until the UM/FSU part. Go Noles.

Anyway, I'm actually really excited to get the season started. Matter of fact I don't think I've been so excited to get back to Panther Hockey in a long time. I'm actually optimistic for the first time in years that this team can be competitive. Let's hope our top six forwards and top three defensemen can make up for our lack of depth and we can stay out of injury trouble.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Tampa's a Stanley Cup favorite and we never start well.

I'm going with Tampa 4-2
Tampa 2/4 on pp.
Us 0/3 on pp.
Our bottom six sucks compared to theirs.

Reactions: Jakeybonz

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Plus, I don't think that the Calculator allows to trade something like 1st + Pysyk + Stillman for e.g. Trouba who's looking for a $7mil AAV contract with 30pts per season and, on top that, the Seattle exp draft is a common topic within in a year. Tallon and his cronies are just going to roll with what we have now or what they can pry from the market place way below the usual valuation.
Makes sense yeah. Plus not like there were many options for a top 4

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Awesome job on the GDT PB1300!

We always play Tampa tough and with the preseason games getting a little chilly this should be a fun game to watch.

Trochek with the first goal on the powerplay.

LET'S GO PANTHERS!

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
This is game 1 of 6 of the pre-move games. 2 more weeks of being homeless!

My loan officially got approved as of yesterday. Now....to come up with 83K to close.

Taking Paypal donations people.

Just get a small loan of one million dollars from your parents.

Or was it four hundred million dollars?

Reactions: 16Skippy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad