Season Officially Suspended -- COVID-19/Coronavirus Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
If anyone wondered what the mood is over at The Asylum, don't look. I was just there and this feeling of disgust will take a while to go away.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
What a perfect way to kick off the decade.

I have a feeling the parade is cancelled too :(

I have this feeling that if the NBA and NHL didn't share buildings, games would still be played, just without an audience and the players would be quarantined in between games. But it's impossible to ensure players aren't infected right now, when a couple NBA players have tested positive.

Considering how much time NHL teams spend together, it is/was probably only a matter of time before an NHL player got it too. And we all know how fast illness can spread in a locker room. Could have gotten out of hand really quickly.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Yep, schools have been shut down here in the Czech Republic and any public gathering of more than 30 people is forbidden. Restaurants must close at 8 pm and all sporting events have been canceled. Strange times, indeed. Hope everyone knows what they are doing.

This part struck me as amusing. Do they think Coronavirus spawned from Gremlins, and it only hits if you eat after midnight?

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
This part struck me as amusing. Do they think Coronavirus spawned from Gremlins, and it only hits if you eat after midnight?
Here's an electron microscope picture of COVID-19 virus. You might be onto something
stripeprop__00740.1536348238.png

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Yeah, it is strange. Maybe they are allowing them to stay open partly so they can earn some revenue, but it does seem a bit odd. I fear the economic repercussions of all of this will hurt more than the virus itself.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
For those that have it, NHL.TV has all games on demand after they are played. I'm going to be watching games from other teams from the beginning of the season until now to pass the time.

Reactions: RORbacon

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I suspect the playoffs will be cancelled, and the off-season has arrived early. I'd be shocked if there is pro hockey before camp restarts in September.

Reactions: byrath

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
As a concerned health care provider, I wish many people were as concerned about influenza as they are about the Covid-19. The number of deaths from influenza dwarfs Coronavirus. Many people who ignore the opportunity to get an influenza vaccine are out buying masks (not terribly helpful) and hand sanitizer (a better idea) worrying about something that isn’t even present in their community right now. The CDC estimates between 18,000-46,000 flu deaths for this flu season in the USA alone.

Looking back this posts from other topic just makes me wonder how blind some health care providers can be.

I hope you stay safe.

Mar 6, 2012
I know there are much larger concerns and I'm not saying this is the wrong move or anything... but man... this super sucks...

Reactions: mk80 and TheDizee

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Yeah, it is strange. Maybe they are allowing them to stay open partly so they can earn some revenue, but it does seem a bit odd. I fear the economic repercussions of all of this will hurt more than the virus itself.
Not sure how much take out and delivery service is happening there, but maybe this is a way to accommodate that?

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Looking back this posts from other topic just makes me wonder how blind some health care providers can be.

I hope you stay safe.
Don’t be an ass.

I stand by this statement completely. Show me one thing about it that isn’t/wasn’t entirely correct? I’ve dedicated my life to fighting lung disease in children. I have seen firsthand what it’s like to stay up 36 hours trying to keep a child alive through a terrible viral infection more times than I want to remember. I think I have a pretty good idea of just what is at stake. To insinuate I am blind to this, when I spend my days on the front lines every day seeing people in person who may have this or other infections, exposing myself to a risk, is beyond insulting. You’ve made a lot of idiotic posts over the years, but this is a new record.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Don’t be an ass.

I stand by this statement completely. Show me one thing about it that isn’t/wasn’t entirely correct? I’ve dedicated my life to fighting lung disease in children. I have seen firsthand what it’s like to stay up 36 hours trying to keep a child alive through a terrible viral infection more times than I want to remember. I think I have a pretty good idea of just what is at stake. To insinuate I am blind to this, when I spend my days on the front lines every day seeing people in person who may have this or other infections, exposing myself to a risk, is beyond insulting. You’ve made a lot of idiotic posts over the years, but this is a new record.

Calm down. I just read what you wrote about covid-19 and compare it influenza. Sorry, but its not correct to compare those two. The one has vaccine and the other doesn't have. Covid-19 has been wildly spreading only 4 month. Death rate is high when there is lack of correct ICU and its noted deaths aren't just elderly people like its common in influenza and not even talking about it death ratio in generally. You're just understating covid-19.

I don't understand why you bring your work status in the line? I admire what you do, but your writing doesn't seems like you're on the top of thing about this covid-19.

Last edited:
Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'm honestly surprised by how many are still focused on hockey right now, all I can think about is people and protecting them and what we can all do to accomplish that.

Edit: Not virtue signalling here, just an observation contrasted with my own preoccupation with the unfolding Covid 19 story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad