Speculation: Search for a new AGM

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Does anyone else feel that Dorion interviewed Simpson with no intention of hiring him to articulate his plan for the future so someone in ottawa with some media savvy (who isn’t seen as an organizational lap dog like Garrioche and company are) could translate the Sens long term plan to the fanbase because the organization clearly can’t do it.

Dorion’s been in hockey his entire life and he’s going to hire the guy off the radio. C’mon, this is one of the smarter things Dorion has done because Simmer is selling this rebuild on the radio today likes it’s the greatest thing to happen in Ottawa since the canal was finished

Yes, I believe it was @BonkTastic who I initially saw put that theory out there...seems bang on to me personally.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I dont understand this theory that Simmer was only being used as a pawn by Dorion to leak out to the fan base that he wants to sign Stone and Duchene...

I mean, there seem like much easier ways to get that message out there to the fans other than having a fake 5 hour job interview with someone who works in the media. He could like actually talk to someone in the media and just be honest about it...Why all the secrecy?

I think Simmer (obviously) did get a real job interview, and he was simply passed over for someone more qualified. Do you guys think he told Simmer to start leaking stuff, or do you think Dorion was just being super loose lipped and hoped that some of it got leaked out? Seems pretty unlikely to me either way, as it is not a very solid plan (so maybe actually it is true then?).

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I dont understand this theory that Simmer was only being used as a pawn by Dorion to leak out to the fan base that he wants to sign Stone and Duchene...

I mean, there seem like much easier ways to get that message out there to the fans other than having a fake 5 hour job interview with someone who works in the media. He could like actually talk to someone in the media and just be honest about it...Why all the secrecy?

I think Simmer (obviously) did get a real job interview, and he was simply passed over for someone more qualified. Do you guys think he told Simmer to start leaking stuff, or do you think Dorion was just being super loose lipped and hoped that some of it got leaked out? Seems pretty unlikely to me either way, as it is not a very solid plan (so maybe actually it is true then?).

I don’t think Simmer is a pawn at all, gwtting acces to your local GM for 5 hours to discuss the rebuild is a dream for any media personality.

Simmer is leaking the plan, when was the last time an interview candidate ever laid out what was discussed in a job interview? I’ve never seen it.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

It’s a far fetched theory that has about a 1% chance of being accurate

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

I'm skeptical about that angle too. Hard to imagine a fake job interview to get the message out there, when they gave Mendes, garrioch and others a full break down of the plan?

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Say what you want about simmer, but I have a real hard time believing this trade would have went down with him sitting next to Dorion.

I know he was gracious and said the team decided to go in another direction, but it wouldn't shock me at all if the truth was he didn't want to get involved with this gongshow after his interview. I mean, we still haven't heard about anyone actually getting hired.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
From Friedman...

Ottawa’s interviews for its vacant assistant GM position have included Chris O’Hearn (formerly Arizona), Claude Loiselle (formerly Islanders and Toronto), Brad Holland (formerly Toronto), internal candidates (Jim Clark and Tim Pattyson believed to be among them) and local TSN Radio host Shawn Simpson. Dorion indicated a hire is coming.

There was, at some point in the summer, contact between Eugene Melnyk and former Vancouver GM Mike Gillis. A couple of sources indicated they heard Gillis and Melnyk discussed a job, but couldn’t come to an agreement. (Gillis declined to comment.) Thursday night, via email, Melnyk denied it, saying “no chance” it went that far.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I heard from sources that Melnyk will take over the AGM job! Melnyk will also work the parking lot booth, concessions during intermission and drive the Zamboni if not intoxicated in order to save money for a new arena! Plus his regular duties as crazy senial owner of a NHL team!

Attachments

• meln1k.jpg
    meln1k.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Bean Drown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad