Speculation: Search for a new AGM

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Eugene is so happy with the return for Karlsson, he's positive that Dorion doesn't need help. Why pay someone else when you already have the best!

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
We will hear today or tomorrow as per Dorion.

When asked does he have GM experience or AGM experience, Dorion responded he has "hockey experience" and "other experience." So who the hell knows who this will end up being.

BigCanadian

Mar 7, 2007
Kanata
We will hear today or tomorrow as per Dorion.

When asked does he have GM experience or AGM experience, Dorion responded he has "hockey experience" and "other experience." So who the hell knows who this will end up being.

Pipe dream, but man I hope it is Alfie, so he can stop Dorion from killing the rest of the assets until the team is sold to his group. Would bring hope that Karlsson would come back next year. Would give me hope for the future leadership after the sale. He has lots of hockey experience and "other" experience as Senior Advisor.
It won't be, but I only wish it would happen as it would be the bright spot on a very dark period for this team. It will be someone like Philips or Neil or some other former player IMO, given the person has no previous experience as a GM.

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Pipe dream, but man I hope it is Alfie, so he can stop Dorion from killing the rest of the assets until the team is sold to his group. Would bring hope that Karlsson would come back next year. Would give me hope for the future leadership after the sale. He has lots of hockey experience and "other" experience as Senior Advisor.
It won't be, but I only wish it would happen as it would be the bright spot on a very dark period for this team. It will be someone like Philips or Neil or some other former player IMO, given the person has no previous experience as a GM.
Can’t see it being anyone with a spine personally. More likely to be what Dorion is to Melnyk.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Can’t see it being anyone with a spine personally. More likely to be what Dorion is to Melnyk.

Exactly, this person that's gonna be hired isn't going to challenge people's decisions but keep towing the company line, which is one of the reasons they didn't go with Sean Simpson.

Reactions: Sen Of A Gun

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
MacTavish is an Ottawa guy - raised here, law degree from Ottawa U, lives here with his family, worked at an Ottawa firm.

Doesn't sound like we spread a very wide net to fill this position...

Reactions: JungleBeat

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I was just about to post " I wish we could hire two, one for analytics and one for hockey ops stuff like helping with trades and contracts". Maybe I get my wish

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
MacTavish's previous role with Norton Rose Fulbright involved - "advisement and representing clients in employment standards, occupational health & safety, human rights and wrongful dismissal claims".

That last one could be relevant depending on how Boucher fares to begin the season, lol.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
They hired the guy that can traverse the CBA to minimize salary while reaching the floor.

This guy should have been hired as a capologist, not an AGM, does he even have any hockey history?

To be fair, a good number of guys who play the "capologist" role are AGM's, just so happens that there is usually another AGM to deal with the on-ice stuff (which may be our new setup with another guy coming in).

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I don't mind the idea of having a "capologist" as long as a more hockey oriented guy is appointed as well. Dorion needs someone knowledgeable and experienced in the room to bounce ideas off of to keep him from blowing trades.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't mind the idea of having a "capologist" as long as a more hockey oriented guy is appointed as well. Dorion needs someone knowledgeable and experienced in the room to bounce ideas off of to keep him from blowing trades.

Two AGMs was one more than I was expecting us to hire, so if it actually happens, I'll happily file it in the "unexpectedly competent decision" folder and call it a day.

Reactions: Engineer and Smeddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad