Confirmed with Link: Sean Monahan for a 2024 1st rd pick + conditional '27 3rd rd pick

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
It seems most guys have trouble creating chemistry with Ehlers at 5 on 5 so I'm willing to give Monahan more than a handful of games to figure that out. If they can develop that chemistry then that line will be good. Both Monahan and Ehlers, if driving the play, will then open up ice for Perfetti creating some quick bang-bang passing plays that should generate offense.
He looks like he's getting comfortable with his role on the powerplay. His penalty killing is a huge bonus I didn't expect. His 5 on 5 is already competent in both zones. This trade is having vibes of being as good as the Stastny trade was.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Dude was not even close to what I wanna Chevy to do, having said that he seems to be fitting in well on and off the ice and looks like he has a roll on this team. Never knew he killed penalties, if he helps the second line score goals then it's a winning move

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Monny is a versatile player....

He is efficient...

The puck moves towards the opponents end which ever end of the ice he starts from...

Not flashy... but knows where to be without the puck... and moves to make effective angles constantly...

Knows the give and go...

Oh... and I hear he is good on faceoffs...

Works the boards very well...

He isn't gifted with that extra gear that he had before his injuries/surgeries... but he is still an effective center playing a role for the Jets even so....

Yup... he sucks...

:laugh:

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree. He is a smart player and if you were only to see hockeydb stats you would think he has been awful. But eye test doesnt reflect that at all in my view. I think the whole team is on the verge of clicking again and we will see what Monahan can bring.

Crystal ball was right. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: RustyCat

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Prototypical big Canadian C with smarts who can do it all. The exact kind of player you want and need in the playoffs.

Habs fans know more than anyone how solid he is this year.

1708414282269.png

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Nice to finally see some production after giving up our 1st rounder. I know we all want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the Jets went into a complete scoring drought as soon as Monahan came into the lineup. Of course it is not all on him, but those were the results.

Hopefully the chemistry on the pp and his linemate develops during the stretch run here.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Nice to finally see some production after giving up our 1st rounder. I know we all want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the Jets went into a complete scoring drought as soon as Monahan came into the lineup. Of course it is not all on him, but those were the results.

Hopefully the chemistry on the pp and his linemate develops during the stretch run here.

I think it happened a bit before that, they have scored 11 goals in the 6 games with Monahan (he has 4 of them). In the 6 games before Monahan came they scored- 11 goals. This team seems to go into a funk in February each year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad