Confirmed with Link: Sean Monahan for a 2024 1st rd pick + conditional '27 3rd rd pick

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The only thing Lucius has written on him is...

360_F_76328565_0DRfzqlWG16xECePpTLjIFr9TVf3twVj.jpg

:laugh:
I don't know the prospect or his history, i just used him as an example of making a trade plus adding to get a top forward prospect.

We have several young defenseman and more coming that are NHL quality at various levels while woefully short on top 6 prospects. Sooner or later we are going to let them go cheaply unless activly push to trade them in combinations.

Anywho...your looking forward to Monahan as your 2C, we got Evans....😧

Reactions: hn777

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Agreed. Plus I have that awful taste from the back to back losses from the Laffs. I want to forget that shit.
Tell me about it...I moved from montreal to the center of the universe...and get nothing but Leaf centric hyperbole on the media.

I swear if the Habs had won the cup three years ago i would of hired a truck with the Habs cup on the side and parade it down Younge street. Riots to follow....

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Tell me about it...I moved from montreal to the center of the universe...and get nothing but Leaf centric hyperbole on the media.

I swear if the Habs had won the cup three years ago i would of hired a truck with the Habs cup on the side and parade it down Younge street. Riots to follow....
I miss when SN was Western Canada centric. I found it humorous with all the Leafs news surrounding the all star game with team Matthews winning the mini tournament and Nostrils winning MVP like it was some grand prize. Pathetic.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
First reaction looking at the price for Monahan......ouch!

Upon further contemplation.....

We needed help on the PP
We needed help on faceoffs
We needed more depth at C.

The very things Monahan brings to the table. At not much of a cap hit.

If Hab fans are correct about his work ethic and team attitude......this could be a nice fit.....

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
First reaction looking at the price for Monahan......ouch!

Upon further contemplation.....

We needed help on the PP
We needed help on faceoffs
We needed more depth at C.

The very things Monahan brings to the table. At not much of a cap hit.

If Hab fans are correct about his work ethic and team attitude......this could be a nice fit.....
Agreed.

My recollection of Monahan was heavily influenced by his last 2 seasons in Calgary where he was injured and underperforming. I giggled when Calgary paid a first to get rid of his contract.

This was not the solution I felt helped us enough to make a difference.

Now that the trade has happened and I reacquainted myself to how Monahan is currently performing this season, this might be the exact trade we needed.

First off, his play this season has been really good. If he started the season with us and performed as he has, we would be more than happy with Sean at our 2 C spot.

He is moving well on the highlights, his vision is excellent and he is very good passer. You can tell he is intelligent with and without the puck. Putting him with Perfetti, another cerebral player, could amount to some fantastic hockey.

Secondly, as you pointed out above, his skillset checks our needs boxes off one by one. Faceoffs.. check, powerplay catalyst... check, adding depth down he middle... check.

Then you read the Montreal fans high praise for his play and professionalism, solid pro and mentor, that most hope he rejoins the team as a UFA next season, I am now realizing that I had the wrong perception of Monahan.

Add in his very low cap hit which gives us the opportunity to add another, possibly 2 quality pieces, this deal works out very well for us.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Very interesting.

Agreed, very interesting... I can see home games where schief and Lowry get the matchips vs other teams top 6 and the Monahan line feasts on other teams bottom 6

If that's the case, expect them to log lower minutes than many around here want to see for Cole and Nik but I bet the results will be very favorable

If schiefs line can win their match up and lowrys line can be net-neutral... our 3rd and 4th lines will have great opportunities to outscore their opposition...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Agreed, very interesting... I can see home games where schief and Lowry get the matchips vs other teams top 6 and the Monahan line feasts on other teams bottom 6

If that's the case, expect them to log lower minutes than many around here want to see for Cole and Nik but I bet the results will be very favorable

If schiefs line can win their match up and lowrys line can be net-neutral... our 3rd and 4th lines will have great opportunities to outscore their opposition...
Yup exactly what i was thinking, Jets don't have a McJesus but what they do have is very good depth and goaltending . Kinda like St.Louis the year they went all the way and won the Cup .

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Don't care about minutes as long as no one is gliding off the ice at end of an extended shift... glad those days are gone

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Scheifele, Connor and Vilardi have played a big grand total of 2 games and a period. Vilardi went down for 18 games then just as he got back Connor went out for 5 weeks then Connor came back, Vilardi missed another couple of games then Vilardi came back and Scheifele got hurt. So to answer your question.... No.:laugh:
Not a good omen for when physicality ramps up heading into and throughout the playoffs.

Why we gotta be so brittle?

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Chevy trading away a player = god tier GM

Chevy trading for a player = one of the worst GMs in the league

It's hard being fed the line that because the team is in Winnipeg we have to focus on draft and development and then watch us throw away the best pieces for drafting and developing for players that were on the waiver wire not long ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad