Confirmed with Link: Sean Monahan for a 2024 1st rd pick + conditional '27 3rd rd pick

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I think it happened a bit before that, they have scored 11 goals in the 6 games with Monahan (he has 4 of them). In the 6 games before Monahan came they scored- 11 goals. This team seems to go into a funk in February each year
Yeah, the Flames game is 3 of Monahan's 4 goals. The Jets first 4 games with Monahan, we scored 4 goals total. But yeah I think you are right, he joined when scoring was down.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, the Flames game is 3 of Monahan's 4 goals. The Jets first 4 games with Monahan, we scored 4 goals total. But yeah I think you are right, he joined when scoring was down.
To be fair the 6 before No 55 was missing but since the break, everyone not named scheiffle or Monahan has scored what 5 goals. Its a small sample but its time to right the ship, The goaltending is good but need more than 2 G a game

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
To-date for me, he's been ok not great, kind of a boring type of player, doesn't do anything flashy or eye catching, but also doesn't stand out negatively in any noticeable way. He's more smart then fast, gets to where he needs to be using his IQ, not his skating speed. Not a fast skater, maybe slightly below average but not brutal by any means (similar to Cole's skating speed). He doesn't drive play, but always seems to be in the middle of it when a offensive chance happens during his shift. As everyone knew, he is good at the FO. Seems like a nice guy, not that is a huge thing but still is nice. Definitely a better passer then a shooter, his shoot is accurate but not hard by any means IMO (yes I know its ironic he has 4 goals & zero assists with us). Not a ideal 2C on a contender, but acceptable bridge solution for a playoff push or a couple years. Still would of rather had Lindholm, but at least Monahan was cheaper to get compared to Lindholm.

Chevy IMO still needs to add to this team, Monahan isn't the missing piece, he's just a piece in the puzzle. Jets still need 1-2 more upgrades, one on RHD and one ideally bottom six forwards. Chevy needs to keep working making changes at this TDL. Overall very happy with the season to-date, but we still need to improve if we're serious about a cup push and not satisfied with a 1st or 2nd rd exit.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Perfetti is really struggling right now. Hard to know the impact Monahan will have with Perfetti on his wing.

Sounds like the Jets want to add some size, speed and scoring. Andre Burakovsky seems to be the type of player they want to add. Do the Kraken want to move him.?

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Monahan was really good on the PP this weekend. He’s doing weird things that I’m not used to seeing on the Jets PP like moving around and not standing still.
Give it a month. They’ll teach the proper way to PP, the Jets way.
IMG_6192.gif

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Chevy picks up a winger, who sits?
Barron or Perfetti?
I don't think it will be Apples.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
If Chevy picks up a winger, who sits?
Barron or Perfetti?
I don't think it will be Apples.
Before that happens, I’d like to see who gets on a scoring streak and plays well on any line and can get back quickly to backcheck.
Morgan and Perfetti seem more flexible that way than Apples, but we know TNorth values it’s loyalty mode.
Apples ain’t going down, but good plus/minus and points from here on in should be worth something.
Barron and Perfetti look good hustling around the opposing goal, but can they get back to backcheck on the D-game as quickly as Apples? I need to watch who can generate the most takeaways back there, and odds there seem stacked against Perfetti. Still, points are something to consider.
Injuries going forward favor Perfetti IMO re line adaptability.
Tough call.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
I was suspicious about playing him with Ehlers who is kind of a mystery at times
Apparently Chevy knew something a lot of us didnt

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Jets will fall in love with Monahan like they did Vilardi. They look at his meh stats and think he won't make that much of a difference. I bet he'll be close to a PPG player with the Jets. He played with god awful talent in Montreal. Montreal fans absolutely loved watching him play.
I have to agree with you. I love what he does and he seems to be in the right place at the right time. Hard working forward. He won't be leaving Winnipeg. Bet on it.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You owe some of us Hab fans a coffee....:nod:

One of my pet peeves is that there is so much competitiveness between fan bases. I wish there was less "mine is bigger then yours" and more friendly hockey conversations.

Last year every time I brought up that given Dubois track record and in season variance, that his return value was compromised, I was run out of town. I get it but in reality that none of us has any influence and nothing more then an opinion.

Anywho....I hope Monahan tears up the playoffs for you. I don't follow anyone but the Habs but I'm a willing band wagon fan because of Monahan.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

One of my pet peeves is that there is so much competitiveness between fan bases. I wish there was less "mine is bigger then yours" and more friendly hockey conversations.

Last year every time I brought up that given Dubois track record and in season variance, that his return value was compromised, I was run out of town. I get it but in reality that none of us has any influence and nothing more then an opinion.

Anywho....I hope Monahan tears up the playoffs for you. I don't follow anyone but the Habs but I'm a willing band wagon fan because of Monahan.
Hell yeah welcome aboard!

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada

I wish I could like this post more than once. I agree with you, I'd like more friendly hockey conversations. Admittedly all teams have blow-hards, but if we ignore them, we can have good chats.

In fairness on PLD, Jets did still get a pretty good return, although objectively you weren't wrong and look at the results for LA.

Thanks for the good wishes. You and the other Habs fans who visited have been proven dead-on-the-money about Monahan. I was wondering what was going on at first because all I knew was that Calgary PAID Montreal a first to get rid of Monahan, how could Chevy PAY a first to take him?? But things have changed I guess (got past the injury woes) and he's been a great addition.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I wish I could like this post more than once. I agree with you, I'd like more friendly hockey conversations. Admittedly all teams have blow-hards, but if we ignore them, we can have good chats.

In fairness on PLD, Jets did still get a pretty good return, although objectively you weren't wrong and look at the results for LA.

Thanks for the good wishes. You and the other Habs fans who visited have been proven dead-on-the-money about Monahan. I was wondering what was going on at first because all I knew was that Calgary PAID Montreal a first to get rid of Monahan, how could Chevy PAY a first to take him?? But things have changed I guess (got past the injury woes) and he's been a great addition.
Calgary paid a first because Monahan had a 6.35 AAV for another year and was always injured. They needed to find space to sign Huberdeau. Not a lot of teams had the cap space to take Monahan without retention and be fine with him playing just 40 games because of an injury.

In the middle of the last season without any surprise Monahan went out with an injury. He played very well in that half of a season though. He missed the reminder of the year and went thru surgery. We extended him for one year on a cheap contract. With his injury history and after a surgery he probably did not want to take any chances with the UFA market. Things turned out well since he continued to play well this season and was healthy.

After watching Monahan for around 70 games in Montreal it's clear his problem is injuries. He's a 50-60 points player with a good attitude and good intangibles (faceoffs, ...) no doubt in my mind. For how much time though that's a good question. I don't expect him to remain good until his mid-30. The end could come fast given all the injuries he had. But for a end of 1st round pick he's good immediate help for a fair price.

I'd rather have Monahan for a mere end of 1st round pick than Lindholm at the price Vancouver paid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad