Confirmed with Link: Sean Monahan for a 2024 1st rd pick + conditional '27 3rd rd pick

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Wait. It wasn't Rutger going to Montreal?

:laugh:

Something had to be done about the C depth. With a healthy Scheif back in the line-up -- the C depth looks pretty damn strong. I think it gives Bones some nice options to play around with to start to build up some chemistry as we move towards the playoffs. The extra time with Monahan in the line-up will help, for sure.

On top of that, the low AAV cap-hit of Monahan at 1.985M leaves some other options on the table for Chevy to make some moves as we inch closer to the deadline.

Dreger posting about teams circling back to Monahan had peaked my interest seeing how he seems to always be in tune with the Jets and their plans. Did not take long for that to come to fruition.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Hard to know the exact WPG equivalent, but I would rather have gone for Lindholm. If I'm giving a first plus for a rental I want someone who I think is a difference maker, don't think that's Monahan.
Agreed. How much better is he vs Namestnikov? And Names went for a future 4th last year.

I don't think he's any better of our current 3 centres. And maybe overall the 9th or 10th best fwd on the team? We'll see how it shakes out on the ice.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
If this was a route they felt was absolutely necessary to take, the least they could have done was to give up Heinola instead of a first rounder.

The player coming back is terrible either way, but the way Chevy handles his assets when the team is supposed to contend is just atrocious. Since the Hayes fiasco, he straight up murdered all the deadlines when we were a mediocre pile of trash, both in terms of his acquisitions and his disposals. Now we're good for a hot minute, and this happens.

Reactions: hn777 and Gm0ney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad