SCSU Huskies

NeonDion

Jun 21, 2006
How is Marvin doing this year? Does he have a legitimate chance to make it to the show?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
How is Marvin doing this year? Does he have a legitimate chance to make it to the show?

Marvin is still adjust to an increased role this year. He was given time on our top line to start the year but didn't seem confortable there and has since been put on the 3rd line and is playing better. He is good defensively and will only get better with experience and I like his hands a lot. He does need to use his size more, he's been most effective when he is forechecking hard and creating space for himself, hopefully he's starting to learn that. As for making the show, too early to tell. He has talent but I hope Calgary leaves him here 4 years to grow as a player.

NeonDion

Jun 21, 2006
Marvin is still adjust to an increased role this year. He was given time on our top line to start the year but didn't seem confortable there and has since been put on the 3rd line and is playing better. He is good defensively and will only get better with experience and I like his hands a lot. He does need to use his size more, he's been most effective when he is forechecking hard and creating space for himself, hopefully he's starting to learn that. As for making the show, too early to tell. He has talent but I hope Calgary leaves him here 4 years to grow as a player.

I think they'll give him all the time he needs as they're already close to the 50 pro contract max, though hopefully some of those will come off the books sooner rather than later. I think that most Flames fans are hoping for another Joel Otto type player from Marvin.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huge win over DU tonight, 4-2. Big two points and the whole team played well, from the guys I talked to it was the best they've played in a year.
Rioux comes back tomorrow and Motzko has a tough decision on who to sit as the whole D played very well tonight.
Brutal call on Lasch for "diving" lead to DU's PP goal tonight but other than that the PK was much improved.
Keep the momentum going tomorrow boys and go for the sweep! :yo:

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
What a great weekend for St. Cloud! I hope they stay consistent with their schizo nature and implode next weekend. Payback time for last year!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huge sweep by the Huskies, Rioux and Novak with their first career goals and the guys just worked so hard keeping DU off the scoresheet with the exception of an unreal tip in by Rahkshani.
The confidence is starting to really show and the D took a huge step forward this weekend against one of the best offensive teams in the nation.
The PK came up large as well while the PP is in need of a shot in the arm. Big test this weekend against the Badgers and RB, our payback for the butt kickings we've taken from UW the last few years isn't over yet. :)

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
John Swanson-Aaron Marvin-Travis Novak
Michael Olson-Nick Oslund-Jordy Christian
Tony Mosey-Drew LeBlanc-Brian Volpei
Jared Festler-Garrett Roe-Ryan Lasch

Nic Rioux-Garrett Raboin
Oliver Lauridsen-Brett Barta
Sam Zabkowicz-Chris Hepp

Jase Weslosky
Dan Dunn
Nate Hardy

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Should be a good series between two streaking teams. Good luck and game on! It's a great day for hockey!!!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I didn't think we'd get 6 on the weekend, much less in one game. Raboin a +6 on the evening is amazing. I didn't get to see the game but it sounded like the boys had the intensity they showed last weekend. Tonight will be a telling game but they may have just turned the corner.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I didn't think we'd get 6 on the weekend, much less in one game. Raboin a +6 on the evening is amazing. I didn't get to see the game but it sounded like the boys had the intensity they showed last weekend. Tonight will be a telling game but they may have just turned the corner.

The Badger D has been pretty pourous this year so i'm not shocked a team like St. Cloud put up some serious points. I caught the net feed from 99.9FM and sounded like it was all Huskies.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
The Badger D has been pretty pourous this year so i'm not shocked a team like St. Cloud put up some serious points. I caught the net feed from 99.9FM and sounded like it was all Huskies.
I though the D was buckys strong point this year like it is every other year under Eaves.What the hell happened?
Nice to see the Huskies doing well.I've always liked them unless they are playing the SIOUX of course.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I thought the D was buckys strong point this year like it is every other year under Eaves.What the hell happened?Nice to see the Huskies doing well.I've always liked them unless they are playing the SIOUX of course.
Wow from 6 goals to a shutout.It's going to be that kind of year in the WCHA this year.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Wow from 6 goals to a shutout.It's going to be that kind of year in the WCHA this year.

I'm scratching my head about the D; on paper no team has more talent, on the ice...welll.

The rivalry with St. Cloud is getting better all the time. These two teams are starting to develop a genuine dislike of each other and the games have been better since Motzko has made St. Cloud a yearly playoff hopeful.

Husky, do you know if the teams came out for the handshake after the post-game scuffle?

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I'm scratching my head about the D; on paper no team has more talent, on the ice...welll.

The rivalry with St. Cloud is getting better all the time. These two teams are starting to develop a genuine dislike of each other and the games have been better since Motzko has made St. Cloud a yearly playoff hopeful.

Husky, do you know if the teams came out for the handshake after the post-game scuffle?
So bucky was goonin it up again eh?Typical.:)

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Didn't get to see the game and only heard the last 10 minutes because Charter in the cities couldn't get the SCSU game working so they put on the Dogs/Sioux and then the radio feed wasn't working on the internet, so I finally got the student one up halfway through the 3rd. From the sounds of it then the Huskies had good pressure and hit 3 pipes in that time, just couldn't put one in. Shame the one the Badgers got was off a weird bounce that Weslosky couldn't cover but those are the breaks sometimes.
I'm happy with the direction these guys are going and I've no doubt the power play won't be down for much longer, though we need Roe to be a big part of it so I hope he's ok.
As for the scuffle at the end, from what I heard McDonagh took out Rioux and it started from there, just some minors and a couple 10 minutes for Goeffrion and Lasch. Also it was Goeffrion who took the team off according to the radio guys and Eaves stayed to shake Motzko's hand so there is respect there and some UW guys stayed for the handshake but a half dozen at best.
As for Lauridsen, he's been impressive, he can skate well for a big man and likes laying people out which this team needs. He's still a freshman so he makes some positioning mistakes or passing mistakes but it's no accident the goals against have come down since he and Rioux both came into the lineup.
Next week it's time for a little payback on the Dogs for the beating at the X.

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
Thanks for the info Rabid H.
I wonder if someone will draft him, now that he crossed the pond...?

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I find it hard to believe such upstanding boys like Geoffrion and McDonagh would start any trouble:sarcasm: Geoffrion is a hot-headed blow-hard so I'm not surprised at that move. I think he wants to be like Boom-Boom or Rocket Richard. Mc-D has gone beyond aggressive to dirty lately which ain't too cool. I hope that was not the case last night. I don't mind aggressive play and throwback hockey but I can't abide by dirty play.

I couldn't get the radio feed either, Rabid.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Much needed win last night. Finally got the monkey off our back against the Mavs and Lasch looked like the guy we expected him to be even if he didn't score a goal. Now we need to beat these guys at home for once.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Didn't play as well Saturday but blew out Kato 6-2. Lasch finally put home on a shot from the point that squirted through Zacharias that he poked home but it counts the same. 8 different goal scorers on the weekend speaks to a growing depth in St. Cloud. Also liked the PP this weekend which went back to basics and was rewarded by scoring 5 on the weekend after getting just 2 all season in conference play.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Lasch named WCHA offensive player of the week and Lauridsen named to Team Denmark roster for Divison 1 World Junior Tourney next week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad