SCSU Huskies

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
And I'm sure you are a big Tech and goofer fan tonite so your Huskies won't have to play on Thursday.

Eh, it doesn't matter much to me. While missing the play-in game would be nice from an energy stand point as three games in three days can be rough, we matchup well with CC and we'd only play them if we won the play in game (most likely).
As it stands now, we will either face DU in the semi's (with Tech and MN winning tonight) or face either Tech, MN, or MSUM in the play in then play CC.
DU swept us but we choked away both games, same with MSUM IMO so I'm not really worried about playing anyone. With the way they are playing, I think they can beat anyone in the country.

jay-P

Dec 21, 2005
Finland
Rabid, have you heard any word as to why Nick Oslund didn't play in the Huskies' last game? So far he has managed to avoid any bigger injuries this season.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Rabid, have you heard any word as to why Nick Oslund didn't play in the Huskies' last game? So far he has managed to avoid any bigger injuries this season.

He was a healthy scratch as far as anyone knows. I thought he played great on Friday. Maybe Motzko wanted to shake things upa bit to make sure everyone knows you've got to earn your spots, who knows but it didn't hurt the boys.
I'm sure he'll be back in the lineup against MN on Thursday.

NeonDion

Jun 21, 2006
Marvin

Hey Rabid,

Congrats on defeating Wisconsin. How has Marvin been playing lately? How do you project him?
I've heard he's quite a physical player. is this true?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Marvin has been consistent all year, maybe the most consistent player we've had. He works hard and will get better with time. He needs to work on his skating which he will do this summer. He's also learning how to be more physical in this league. I like having him on a line with Oslund which will likely be part of our third line next year as well. As he learns how to "slow the game down" the offense will come. He has seen time on our power play but the top 5 (Roe, Lasch, Nodl, Brocklehurst, Swanson) either score way too quickly or never leave the ice so the 2nd unit doesn't see much time.
He'll be a 4 year guy and he'll be better for it once he's done. As a pro, I think he'll be an effective checking center somewhere.

NeonDion

Jun 21, 2006
Awesome! Thanks for the response. I've heard a lot of Joel Otto comparisons when it comes to Marvin. I really hope he can become a good pro in that mold.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
SCSU's 3rd goalie BJ O'Brien will transfer to D-III St. Norbert's.
Husky writer says Huskies likely to bring in a straight from HS goalie who's comfortable knowing he'll likely never play behind Weslosky and Dunn.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
SCSU's schedule finalized

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Oct. 8 (Wed) University of British Columbia Home 7:07 p.m.
Oct. 10-11 (Fri-Sat) Mercyhurst Home 7:07 p.m.
Oct. 17 (Fri) Minnesota Home 7:07 p.m.
Oct. 18 (Sat Minnesota Away 7:07 p.m.
Oct. 24-25 (Fri-Sat) Bemidji State Away 7:35/7:05 p.m.
Nov. 1 (Sat) Minnesota-Duluth St. Paul 4:07 p.m.
Nov. 7-8 (Fri-Sat) Robert Morris Home 7:07 p.m.
Nov. 14-15 (Fri-Sat) Denver Home 7:07 p.m.
Nov. 21-22 (Fri-Sat) Wisconsin Home 7:07 p.m.
Nov. 29 (Sat) Minnesota-Duluth Away 7:37 p.m.
Dec. 5 (Fri) Minnesota State-Mankato Away 7:37 p.m.
Dec. 6 (Sat) Minnesota State-Mankato Home 7:07 p.m.
Dec. 12-13 (Fri-Sat) North Dakota Away 7:37 p.m./7:07 p.m.
Dec. 27-28 Florida College Hockey Classic, Estero, Fla.
Dec. 27 Maine vs. Colgate 4 p.m.
SCSU vs. Cornell 7:30 p.m.
Dec. 28 Consolation Game 4 p.m.
Championship Game 7:30 p.m.
Jan. 9-10 (Fri-Sat) Minnesota-Duluth Home 7:07 p.m.
Jan. 16 (Fri) Minnesota Away 7:07 p.m.
Jan. 17 (Sat) Minnesota Home 7:07 p.m.
Jan. 23-24 (Fri-Sat) Colorado College Away 8:37/8:07 p.m.
Jan. 30-31 (Fri-Sat) North Dakota Home 7:07 p.m.
Feb 6-7 (Fri-Sat Alaska Anchorage Away 10:37/10:07 p.m.
Feb. 13-14 (Fri-Sat) Michigan Tech Home 7:07 p.m.
Feb. 27-28 (Fri-Sat) Denver Away 8:37/8:07 p.m.
March 6 (Fri) Minnesota State-Mankato Home 7:07 p.m.
March 7 (Sat) Minnesota State-Mankato Away 7:07 p.m.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Ok Rabid, I'm fessing up here. I didn't think Garrett Roe would get drafted (although this was this tiny little voice in the back of my head that said he might), but he did.

So would you like to shoot me now or later? :help:

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Ok Rabid, I'm fessing up here. I didn't think Garrett Roe would get drafted (although this was this tiny little voice in the back of my head that said he might), but he did.

So would you like to shoot me now or later? :help:

Hell I didn't think Roe would get drafted. I'm shocked he was picked and Lauridsen wasn't. A 5'8" forward goes but a 6'5" defenseman doesn't....weird.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I'm more shocked that Drew Leblanc didn't get drafted. I thought for sure he'd be snapped up and I've been reading some really nice things about him too.

I thought Festler would be taken over LeBlanc. I see a higher upside for Jared who fought injuries this year. Either way I'm excited about the talent Motzko is gathering in the Granite City.

Yeti

HFBoards Partner
Feb 19, 2005
www.lincolnstarsblog.com
Having watched Festler all of last season, I wasn't shocked that he wasn't drafted. He really slipped in the NHL scouting ratings throughout the season.

Not consistent at all. Disappeared in the playoffs.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Having watched Festler all of last season, I wasn't shocked that he wasn't drafted. He really slipped in the NHL scouting ratings throughout the season.

Not consistent at all. Disappeared in the playoffs.

Considering it was his first season and he was injury prone, it's not that surprising to me he struggled a bit. Luckily he won't have to put up big numbers to start with, not with Roe, Lasch, Marvin and Swanson already here and LeBlanc, Christian and Novak coming in along with him this fall.

Yeti

HFBoards Partner
Feb 19, 2005
www.lincolnstarsblog.com
Considering it was his first season and he was injury prone, it's not that surprising to me he struggled a bit. Luckily he won't have to put up big numbers to start with, not with Roe, Lasch, Marvin and Swanson already here and LeBlanc, Christian and Novak coming in along with him this fall.

That's why it's confusing Festler didn't opt for another year in juniors...where he would really benefit, imo. Most of the forwards moved on for the Lincoln Stars, so he would have been "the man" on offense...with a ton of responsibility.

I have heard rumors that he was initially going to return to juniors, but his mother got involved...demanding that he play closer to home. The Stars wouldn't trade him...due to the actions of his mother, so he decided to head to SCSU.

Hopefully at SCSU he can learn not to be so timid in the corners. When the play starts to get physical, he disappears.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Never heard anything on Mom, but it was always the plan that if he left LF and played a year of juniors his senior year then he was coming in '08 and if he stayed at LF his senior year then he was playing a year of juniors before coming in '09. Either way it was only going to be one year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00