SCSU Huskies

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
3-0 exhibition win over UBC without Lasch who had a class and was being scratched regardless, I'll take it.
D looked very good for being our weakness. This may also be the fastest SCSU team I've ever seen.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
3-0 exhibition win over UBC without Lasch who had a class and was being scratched regardless, I'll take it.
D looked very good for being our weakness. This may also be the fastest SCSU team I've ever seen.

The D should do well, they don't get any press but they aren't bad and have some size. It doesn't hurt to have Weslosky behind them either. I think he and Zacharias of Mankato were the most underated goalies last year. Of course I don't think the writers realized there were other goalies in the WCHA last year aside from Richard Bachman...I'm already getting annoyed reading them gush over him.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Lines for tonight

Tony Mosey-Aaron Marvin-Ryan Lasch
Jordy Christian-Drew LeBlanc-Nick Oslund
John Swanson-Garrett Roe-Jared Festler
Brent Borgen-Michael Olson-Brian Volpei

Defense

Brett Barta-Garrett Raboin
David Carlisle-Chris Hepp
Sam Zabkowicz-Jon Ammerman

Goalies

Jase Weslosky backed up by Dan Dunn

Also a link to the Husky Hockey section of the St. Cloud Times.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies sweep Mercyhurst 7-2, 7-3. 8 point weekend from Roe, Swanson with a hattrick tonight, Lasch with a 4 point weekend, same for Raboin, Barta and Hepp with 3 point weekends from the blueline. Barta had 0 points last year.
Very encouraging start, bring on the Gophers. :)

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Lines for Friday

Tony Mosey-Aaron Marvin-Ryan Lasch
John Swanson-Garrett Roe-Jared Festler
Jordy Christian-Drew LeBlanc-Nick Oslund
Travis Novak-Michael Olson-Brent Borgen

Brett Barta-Garrett Raboin
David Carlisle-Chris Hepp
Sam Zabkowicz-Jon Ammerman

Goalies

Jase Weslosky
Dan Dunn

We might get Lauridsen for Saturday if the GD NC$$ stops dragging their feet and finally clears the kid.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I'm excited for our freshman and will be even more so when Rioux and Lauridsen get to play.
Other than Christian all of them have at least 1 point which is impressive 4 games into the season.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
I'm excited for our freshman and will be even more so when Rioux and Lauridsen get to play.
Other than Christian all of them have at least 1 point which is impressive 4 games into the season.

I think most first year WCHA players would have at least 1 point if they played Mercyhurst for a couple of games on home ice. ;)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Husky, you'll be thrilled to know that Andreas Nodl was recalled by the Flyers, and will play tomorrow night.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Rabid Husky, you'll be thrilled to know that Andreas Nodl was recalled by the Flyers, and will play tomorrow night.

Good for Noodles! Wish I had Center Ice now.
But I'm also thrilled to learn that Lauridsen has been cleared and will play this weekend. The Great Dane Cometh!

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Not a good loss to the Beavers last nite.:shakehead See how they respond tonite.
I see there were 52 penalties in the game.That is just ridiculous.I was watching the goofer/bucky game last nite and the teams couldn't get any flow to the game because of all the penalties.I love that the refs are cracking down on obstruction and grabbing but some of the calls I saw were really ticky tacky.Either the refs have to lighten it up a bit or the players are just going to have to learn to play within the rules a bit more.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Personally I think it's the players who are going to have to adjust. Yes there were a couple of calls in the gopher game that were a bit ticky-tack but guys are going to have to learn that the games are going to be called differently.
Big this with the Husky penalties on Friday is many were undisciplined, especially from Roe who just lost his composure.
Saturday both BSU PP goals came off of calls that were made just as SCSU came off a penalty kill and the PK was tired having to kill 4 straight minutes but again, the guys will have to adjust.
I'd rather have them call more and try to clean up the hack and slash clutch and grab crap than have players with skill not be allowed to showcase it.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I was so pissed after period 2 I punched a wall in the concourse and nearly left. I was wondering where the hell the heart was. They were getting the **** kicked out of them and acted like they didn't care.
These guys need to gel, I think they are all in a funk and are all trying to get out of it as individuals when they need to get out of it as a team.
I'm still not angry at Lasch on the offensive end, he's trying to use his teammates and trying to do what has worked for him in the past 2 seasons, it's just not working yet, but it will, that kid is too good to be kept down forever, and I think getting some confidence this weekend is the ticket.

The PP is predictable to me because the other guys on it aren't burying chances when they get them. Nodl gave the other 2 space because he buried what he got, we need Marvin, Swanny, Mosey, LeBlanc, etc to start doing that and Roe and Lasch will start getting more space, they have to make other teams respect the fact they can hurt them when open.
The PK...please pressure someone, you have the skaking ability to get back into the play if you make a mistake, so go and try to take time and space away from the other team like they are doing to us.

Rioux and TGD will help the D and I don't agree with playing 5 D but would Ammerman or Gaudet really have done anything to change the outcome of that game? Not likely.

Right now the frustration level is high and there isn't a whole lot Motzko can do about that, he can't make these guys not become frustrated when an attempt doesn't work on their end and then UMD comes right down and scores or when Carlisle makes a great defensive play on the PK to knock the puck away only to have it buried on the cycle in the opposite circle. That's something they need to do for themselves. Motzko was right in his post game comments, this team is a yo-yo, too high and too low, and they need to get more even keel, which I think will come as they mature together as a team.
Take care of business this weekend, use it to gain confidence but don't think that if you blow out RMU that somehow you are world beaters again, remember what happened the last time you felt that way.

Felix29

Hoping to get some updates on a couple Huskies... Does Dunn have starter potential in him? What are his flaws? He also seems to be getting bigger and bigger everytime I've seen him. Pushing Valiquette/Bishop size... also, how has Travis Novak played so far? Looked like 4th line minutes from a couple posts I've seen. I was a big fan of his when he played for the Lancers. Blazing speed, but lack of finish. Same? Also, while on the Lancers, how about Hepp? Does he fit or look out of place?
Thanks!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hoping to get some updates on a couple Huskies... Does Dunn have starter potential in him? What are his flaws? He also seems to be getting bigger and bigger everytime I've seen him. Pushing Valiquette/Bishop size... also, how has Travis Novak played so far? Looked like 4th line minutes from a couple posts I've seen. I was a big fan of his when he played for the Lancers. Blazing speed, but lack of finish. Same? Also, while on the Lancers, how about Hepp? Does he fit or look out of place?
Thanks!

Dunn won't be a starter as long as Weslosky is here so he may be starter his senior year but he will have to watch out for Mike Lee (who could be a first round pick) that year. He has size but he doesn't seem to use it well, he goes down early facing shots which surprisingly leaves the corners open and teams have been able to roof ones on him. He also needs to get quicker at lateral movement because if he ends up out of position, right now he doesn't have the quickness to get back into the play.
I know he wants more playing time and that's frustrating him but he needs to earn it and right now, he's a definite back-up for SCSU.
On Novak, the kid can fly and he has gotten some top line time with Lasch Roe and Swanson. He has the skills but seems to be rushing his game a bit which is common for freshman, I think he'll be a decent player here.
Hepp is struggling to find his way in the WCHA right now, he makes some great plays one minute then turns the puck over on a bad pass the next. He's also not using his size as much as the coaches would like I think, but again, the potential is there, he just needs to let the game come to him more. He also might have the best mullet in college hockey. :)

Radical

Nov 5, 2008
Novak and Hepp fit

Novak has agility and speed. He looks great. Everything will come. The team needs to mesh. Hepp looks good - he is physical and playing smart hockey. He seems to be one of the more physical players on the D corp, but they will all need to work on the PK.. I think everyone will come together.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Much needed sweep, hopefully this gives the boys some confidence for DU this weekend.
Good news is Rioux will finally get to play on Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad