SCSU Huskies

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Odd game, Huskies dominate the first two periods and barely get a goal, then get dominated in the third and outshot 15-5 in the third but score two to win 3-1.
Both goalies played well I thought, I think we'll see the same two tomorrow.
Get ready Kangas (if it is you) the NHC will be rockin tomorrow.
Frazee, you know what that's like already and you haven't performed well there. :)

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
Hopefully Kangas in nets for the Gophers tonight. Frazee will get owned by the NHC crowd. They actually shouldn't even dress him in that building. Rabid...should the Gophers finish #7 and the Huskies #4 can you hook a brotha up with 2 1st round playoff tix?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hopefully Kangas in nets for the Gophers tonight. Frazee will get owned by the NHC crowd. They actually shouldn't even dress him in that building. Rabid...should the Gophers finish #7 and the Huskies #4 can you hook a brotha up with 2 1st round playoff tix?

Not from Michigan I can't. :)
Next time I'll see live college hockey is the Final Five.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
EXPECTED SCSU LINES FOR FRIDAY:

Andreas Nodl-Garrett Roe-Matt Hartman
Tony Mosey-Nate Dey-Ryan Lasch
Aaron Marvin-Brent Borgen-Nick Oslund
Marty Mjelleli-Michael Olson-Brian Volpei

Garrett Raboin-Matt Stephenson
John Swanson-Chris Anderson
Aaron Brocklehurst-Brett Barta

Jase Weslosky
Dan Dunn

Only change for SCSU, change Barta for Jon Ammerman

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies down 4-1, come back to tie 4-4, I'll take it.
Roe with 4 goals on the weekend, all on his former junior teammate Alex Kangas

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Two words describe this whole weekend, pathetic and embarssing. The Huskies let Mankato get them out of their game again this weekend and they paid for it and this time its not on the players, its on Motzko. He's got to fix this, prove he can coach again cause this year has been attrocious.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
How has Dunn looked in the games he's played in?

At times he'd looked really good and at times he's looked like he doesn't have a clue. I think he'll be fine once he completely adjusts to the way the WCHA plays. He needs to learn how to use his size more but he has the tools to be a good goalie. I expect him to play tonight and it will be on the B2network.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Correction, Dunn will not be starting tonight. Weslosky in net for SCSU.
Game starts in about 40 minutes

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies get the win, end CC's unbeaten streak at home.
4-2 the final. Hartman with 4 assists

Felix29

Thanks for the Dunn update. I saw him a year or so ago at a goalie camp, and he looked huge. Played kind of deep some of the time, but his size and reflexes pretty much countered that. How's his rebound control been?

Another question... Think Nodl will play another season at SCSU? Or does he bolt to Philly in the summer?

Thanks again!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Thanks for the Dunn update. I saw him a year or so ago at a goalie camp, and he looked huge. Played kind of deep some of the time, but his size and reflexes pretty much countered that. How's his rebound control been?

Another question... Think Nodl will play another season at SCSU? Or does he bolt to Philly in the summer?

Thanks again!

I personally think he will stay and so does coach Motzko. It all depends on if Philly likes what they see out him besides his point production. Nodl has said Philly officials have told him he needs to be more consistent in his play and work harder each night.
Could be an interesting summer in Cloudy town.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies get it done 3-1 over UAA, now 8th in the league.
2 PP goals by Nodl, Swanny and Lasch with 2 assists.
Other goal was a fluky clear by Anderson, hit the side boards and went straight in the net, after Olthius went to the corner, expecting it to rack around the boards and couldn't get back.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Marvin named WCHA Rookie of the Week after 3 assists and a +2 in the sweep of Alaska Anchorage

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Hey Rabid,

I just looked at the box score of tonight's game. What the heck happened in the 3rd period when all heck broke loose? If we all didn't know any better, judging by the penalty minutes handed out, you'd think that the Huskies were playing UND instead of MTU tonight. :sarcasm:

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hey Rabid,

I just looked at the box score of tonight's game. What the heck happened in the 3rd period when all heck broke loose? If we all didn't know any better, judging by the penalty minutes handed out, you'd think that the Huskies were playing UND instead of MTU tonight. :sarcasm:

Roe clocked Kivisto with a pretty good hit, he retaliated and it went from there.
Motzko was not pleased with the penalties but liked the fact they stood up for each other.
They are becoming a team here and playing as well as anyone right now, this is the team we expected to see with the talent we have.
Jase has been a monster the last 3 games 83 shots, 80 saves.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies complete the sweep. Weslosky gets the shutout 3-0, guy is on fire right now.
Huskies have won 5 straight.

Felix29

I'm currently living in Omaha right now, and have the opportunity to watch a couple SCSU recruits most weekends in Travis Novak and Chris Hepp for the Lancers. If Novak can ever stay healthy, he's got amazing speed and puck control. Hell of a nice shot too. Hepp is the captain, and definately earned that 'C'. Lately he seems to be doing too much though. He's been getting in deep, and occationally plopping his butt right in front in the opposing netminder. Wouldn't be so bad, except as a defenseman he's been getting caught way out of position and his forwards have to bail him out when the opposition goes on the rush. But he's a decent Dman that can skate, is physical and sticks up for his teammates.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
They are becoming a team here and playing as well as anyone right now, this is the team we expected to see with the talent we have.

Winning is nice and I realize fans get caught up in the moment but you seem overzealous. Saint Cloud's last four wins were on home ice against the worst two teams in the WCHA. Anchorage is terrible again this year and Tech is in a very bad slump (2 wins in its last 12 games). Other than the one CC game, these aren't exactly quality wins so saying they are playing as well as anybody is a rather suspect statement. I think most teams out there would win four straight under those circumstances.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Winning is nice and I realize fans get caught up in the moment but you seem overzealous. Saint Cloud's last four wins were on home ice against the worst two teams in the WCHA. Anchorage is terrible again this year and Tech is in a very bad slump (2 wins in its last 12 games). Other than the one CC game, these aren't exactly quality wins so saying they are playing as well as anybody is a rather suspect statement. I think most teams out there would win four straight under those circumstances.

First off the Anchorage wins were in Alaska not at home and SCSU hadn't swept UAA there since 2002, secondly, playing lesser teams usually meant losses for SCSU in the past (i.e. Kato) and now they aren't. They have found cohesion on the blueline and Jase is finally playing with some confidence that he hasn't shown in his short career here. Third, they are finishing games right now, something they didn't do no matter who they played earlier in the season. They are learning that if you get the win on Friday, be prepared for a team that is really going to come at you on Saturday and they have been responding to that. They are also learning how to win when they don't play well, neither game in Alaska was very well played but they didn't get down on themselves and they got the W, again something that didn't happen earlier in the season.
Don't just look at the schedule, look at how the team is playing compared to earlier this year. Also this is the WCHA and that hasn't meant easy wins for anyone this year.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I'm currently living in Omaha right now, and have the opportunity to watch a couple SCSU recruits most weekends in Travis Novak and Chris Hepp for the Lancers. If Novak can ever stay healthy, he's got amazing speed and puck control. Hell of a nice shot too. Hepp is the captain, and definately earned that 'C'. Lately he seems to be doing too much though. He's been getting in deep, and occationally plopping his butt right in front in the opposing netminder. Wouldn't be so bad, except as a defenseman he's been getting caught way out of position and his forwards have to bail him out when the opposition goes on the rush. But he's a decent Dman that can skate, is physical and sticks up for his teammates.

What Hepp does best is what this team needs right now, we're looking forward to seeing him in a Husky uni. And with the way the coaching staff seems to be molding our D-core right now, whatever positioning problems he has can be corrected. I also hope Novak can stay healthy and maybe we can get another John Swanson type player but maybe someone who can hit the net with a bit more frequency.

Felix29

I wouldn't even say his positioning is that big of an issue. It's not something he had been doing up until recently. It may just be Mike Hastings taking advantage of Hepp's physical stature and rotating a forward to the point when Hepp is in deep. It just really stuck out to me on Saturday's game that if that was the plan, it wasn't working without Hepp on the point. All in all though, he's definately a gamer. Good thing he didn't want to be an Airman!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->