GDT: SCQ Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1/20 8:00pm EST SN, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The fact that every pundit has Pittsburgh beating Montreal gives me the feeling Habs will pull off the upset. They have that tendency.

There is also have the fact that Habs also seem to play up to their opposition. So if it's a great team, more often than not, they play well.

But all the predictive models tend to favor Montreal. So we are simultaneously the favorites and the underdogs. Schrodingers Habs.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Nah. Crosby and Malkin are always worth watching. ;)Pens also have one of the top play off goal scorers in Guentzal.

Having said that I still plan on following the Covid Cup exhibition checking scores on my phone.....and you guys of course.

I think reading these boards will be a lot more entertaining that watching the Habs.

Reactions: Tyson and PaulD

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Fully expect to get demolished in 3 straight games, but it's always fun to watch Crosby play and see our kids develop. Hoping to see good things out of Suzuki and Kotkaniemi, and I hope Price has a great series. Other than that, give me Lafreniere!

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I am working this entire weekend... damn glad that work doesn't block NHL Live... Rags game is on in 10 minutes.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Its honoring tv contracts, there is also the fact they will get more viewers than they ever will..
Not too sure about their viewers..maybe at first, after that...we're in August, summer has been awesome, this tournament is silly anyways...Not sure if more people are going to tune it. Most of my friends who are casual fans didn't even know hockey was starting today.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The fact that every pundit has Pittsburgh beating Montreal gives me the feeling Habs will pull off the upset. They have that tendency.

There is also have the fact that Habs also seem to play up to their opposition. So if it's a great team, more often than not, they play well.
This.........is scary. Could happen, not likely but...

I really want that #1 pick, not an upset. Dare to dream, I know.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not too sure about their viewers..maybe at first, after that...we're in August, summer has been awesome, this tournament is silly anyways...Not sure if more people are going to tune it. Most of my friends who are casual fans didn't even know hockey was starting today.
Nobody I talk with plan to watch the NHL this summer.

Like you said. Most dont even know it starts today.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Yea. If only the Habs could get great teams one after another they would be favored to win all.

Beat the Pens , the Bruins, Caps, Lightening then take out the Aves in the finals.

I can see it :sarcasm:.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad