GDT: SCQ Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1/20 8:00pm EST SN, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The Drive for 25 starts today! :jump::hyper:

Hoorayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! :handclap:

GO HABS GO!!! :habs
WooooooHoooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :vhappy:

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Nobody I talk with plan to watch the NHL this summer.

Like you said. Most dont even know it starts today.

Everyone I talk to is aware of it, but there doesn't seem to be a buzz about it for sure. It's dulled, I think the care level is low right now. But that could change pretty quick. However it's hard to celebrate a mickey mouse cup run even if we started going deep in the playoffs.

Reactions: the

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-8-1_12-43-59.png

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Dumb question, but is there an online 50/50 for this game? The Flames/Oilers pot on Tuesday was almost $74K.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I will say that reading the practice lines it is encouraging to see what the future of the center position of the Habs could be compared to where we were a few years ago. We currently have:

Danault, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Domi, Evans

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Everyone I talk to is aware of it, but there doesn't seem to be a buzz about it for sure. It's dulled, I think the care level is low right now. But that could change pretty quick. However it's hard to celebrate a mickey mouse cup run even if we started going deep in the playoffs.
The habs dont interest me at all. They are a not even a play off team. This pre play off round is a warm up so legit play off teams are not forced to start play offs without having played a meaning full game in five months.

The stretch hope is that by the final four , we have some good hockey going and the last those last three series (semis and finals) become "play off exciting".

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The Habs are a perfect example of where analytics hit a wall. Our great shot statistics don't translate into great shots. We watch Lehkonen thump a few harmless shots off the goalie's chest and shake our heads, meanwhile the analytics are cheering wildly.

Like anything else, analytics need to be put into context.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The Habs are a perfect example of where analytics hit a wall. Our great shot statistics don't translate into great shots. We watch Lehkonen thump a few harmless shots off the goalie's chest and shake our heads, meanwhile the analytics are cheering wildly.

I've called them CrapStats for years our team always seemed to be affected more than others. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->