GDT: SCQ Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1/20 8:00pm EST SN, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sickening. Fleury made the team and played half a season and Ouellet was cut.

I like Fleury but he was struggling in the NHL. And some say in the AHL. I just hope he gets really good seasoning in the AHL. He's a gamer. Imo, there's no rush to play him at the NHL level.

Same with Poehling. Same with Kotkaniemi.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I will say that reading the practice lines it is encouraging to see what the future of the center position of the Habs could be compared to where we were a few years ago. We currently have:

Danault, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Domi, Evans

Plus Poehling and Hillis do you have potential.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Lmao Chai-pet.

Really says something about our team when he’s our best LD by a mile

I wouldn't say that. Depends on who you're going up against. Mete is by far more effective against quick teams, while Chia-pet is better against tougher teams, and yet, his GA60 against tougher teams isn't all that better than Mete.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It will be interesting to see how the ice holds up in Toronto. No fans in the stands so that has to help some.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
If Habs win game one, I wonder how many fans will forget about Lafreniere lol. That Canes Rangers game was a pretty good one considering they haven't played a real meaningful game in a while. I'll personally find it pretty hard to root against the Habs in this series, as much as Lafreniere would be a dream... this is going to be weird lol. I guess whatever happen is a win which will probably make it easier on my emotions during this series hehe.

Reactions: Belial

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
DGRzEdD.jpg

qjwVVd4.jpg

qVbUyP7.jpg

I'm so happy to see one of your GDTs @donghabs98!!

Reactions: donghabs98

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It will be interesting to see how the ice holds up in Toronto. No fans in the stands so that has to help some.

Yup. Habs/Pens will be the third game on that ice today. Good thing the Carolina/Rangers game didn't go to OT. If the Panthers/Islanders game does, the ice will be even more used up. And if they do go to OT, it may end up pushing the Habs/Pens game back a bit.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Usually when the playoffs are on the verge of starting I am all fired up but knowing that the Habs didn't make the playoffs legitimately takes the sail out of everything.

I still contend that this is the worst team in NHL history to make the playoffs. Its embarrassing actually.

I agree with you. But the fact that they're in, I'm okay with that.

I guess it balances out with missing the playoffs last year with 3 teams from the Western Conference entering the playoffs with less points than Montreal.

Reactions: Belial

Barilko

You are what you is
Jan 30, 2016
Might as well cheer for the Habs win as Lafreniere doesnt want to play here...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
We aren't likely to have the same type of start to our affair which has much to do with those calls.

We can’t be taking more than 3 penalties a game if they want this to even be close. It’s going to have to be lock down, defensive hockey with basically no errors to not be blown out. If they don’t support Price like they did Halak it’s over in 3. If they can lock it down and make it about the bottom 6 lines, then it can be a closer series. Not looking good.

Reactions: Rapala

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
We can’t be taking more than 3 penalties a game if they want this to even be close. It’s going to have to be lock down, defensive hockey with basically no errors to not be blown out. If they don’t support Price like they did Halak it’s over in 3. If they can lock it down and make it about the bottom 6 lines, then it can be a closer series. Not looking good.
Habs also have to try to not get too many power plays, basically if it's not 5v5 we are in trouble lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad