GDT: SCQ Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1/20 8:00pm EST SN, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
DGRzEdD.jpg

qjwVVd4.jpg

qVbUyP7.jpg

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lines aren't confirmed yet, no word yet on who the Pens will go with.

Bold prediction (not):

those forward lines, as constituted, will blow.

It's Julien's achilles heal. Load up the first line and have no depth of scoring after that.

Domi will be off the 4th line quickly. Weise will be in the press box. But he won't go far enough with changes to the line combos.

Reactions: donghabs98

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Domi should Center that 3rd line.

He's had chemistry with Both Byron and Lehkonen... Especially Byron.

But we can't have KK on the 4th, it would kill his confidence.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Domi should Center that 3rd line.

He's had chemistry with Both Byron and Lehkonen... Especially Byron.

But we can't have KK on the 4th, it would kill his confidence.

Hmm...

Last game Domi (18.5min), Weal (16.5min) and Weise (12.5min) played more than KK (13.5min), Lehk (11.5min) and Byron (10.5min). So Domi is already centering what Claude consider a "2B" line and KK is already centering the 4th. :dunno:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Feels like tomorrow will be a spectacular failure. And not even anything remotely entertaining. I predict a game that will suck the life out of anyone watching it.
The only bright spot might be Price and perhaps Suzuki.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Hmm...

Last game Domi (18.5min), Weal (16.5min) and Weise (12.5min) played more than KK (13.5min), Lehk (11.5min) and Byron (10.5min). So Domi is already centering what Claude consider a "2B" line and KK is already centering the 4th. :dunno:
Weal getting over 16 minutes of ice time is very bothersome. What do you accomplish him giving him all that ice time and opportunity? He hasnt reached double goals yet in a season while in the NHL.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Feels like tomorrow will be a spectacular failure. And not even anything remotely entertaining. I predict a game that will suck the life out of anyone watching it.
The only bright spot might be Price and perhaps Suzuki.

Both Eastern Canadian teams are in deep. Toronto better be prepared to pay the price against Columbus because they will force them to play a North South game. Not a good match-up for them. As far as our series goes a sweep won't astonish too many people. I do agree with you ugly hockey coming up.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Hey look!!! A GDT on August 1st. I think it's BC day also.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Habs score first and take the crowd out of...oh wait! Never mind.

GO:habsGO (not)

Reactions: Forum93 and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Usually when the playoffs are on the verge of starting I am all fired up but knowing that the Habs didn't make the playoffs legitimately takes the sail out of everything.

I still contend that this is the worst team in NHL history to make the playoffs. Its embarrassing actually.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Usually when the playoffs are on the verge of starting I am all fired up but knowing that the Habs didn't make the playoffs legitimately takes the sail out of everything.

I still contend that this is the worst team in NHL history to make the playoffs. Its embarrassing actually.
They haven’t made the playoffs, to qualify they would need to beat the Pens.

They’re however, probably the worst team in history to ever qualify for the play-ins

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So this is floating around Twitter:

20200801_071340.jpg

It's victory probabilities from various prediction models. We win 3 out of 6 times and get 50/50 in one other. Pens win 2/6 models, but get 60%+ chance in both.

Don't see Montreal winning this one at all, but they seem to have a better chance than most think.

Basically, it boils down to Montreal being a good 5 on 5 team, and Pens specialty teams not being that much better than Montreal's. Goaltending is also in Montreal's favor.

The last 6 results between the teams.

Montreal won 4-1, lost 4-1, and lost 3-2 in OT this season. Last season, they won 5-1, lost 5-1 and won in a shootout 4-3, so 2-2-2 essentially.

However, it should be noted Pens have had a ton of injuries over the last 2 seasons. They are healthy now.

I think we get swept or at best win one game.

Looking forward to seeing Suzuki and Kotkaniemi play.

I think Domi should play LW with Danault and Gallagher.

Tatar drops down to play with Suzuki.

Drouin drops down to play with Kotkaniemi.

And Byron or Lehkonen drop down to play with Weise and Weal.

Or get Evans in for Weise.

Anyways, expect Pens to win 4-1.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

We currently have a GM, who's plan is to lean on hope...nuff said.

Reactions: Gravity and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With zero ticket revenue what is the motive for the NHL to so desperate want to play? How are they generating legitimate revenue with zero fans in attendance?

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad