Prospect Info: Scott Perunovich (2018 Draft - 45th overall)

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Scandella has looked terrible this year. Give Peru a look at the top and go from there. He can chase and run while letting Parayko stay at home.

I've been trying not to pile on the guy...but Scandella really has been brutal. That's not to say that Parayko's play is acceptable, because it's not; but Scandella can't even make passes to teammates. The guy is a turn-over machine. Every game he's passing the puck directly to an opponent while trying to blindly play it out of his zone. I'm fine with jettisoning his salary - I don't even want him on the 3rd pairing.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Somebody help me out. With all the covid players and injuries we have we were already at 20 players and no extra. So we send 3 down obviously scotty P up, krug and husso. That puts us back to 20 players. But short up front. This makes me wonder if Schenn and Sunny or at least one of those is ready to go? Do either Walman or Mikkola have option to go to minor or would they need to be waived if one went down?
Clifford is out of Covid protocol and is probably ready to play.

Now, when we get the other 4 back from Covid/injury in the next few days, someone else will have to be waived or sent down.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Somebody help me out. With all the covid players and injuries we have we were already at 20 players and no extra. So we send 3 down obviously scotty P up, krug and husso. That puts us back to 20 players. But short up front. This makes me wonder if Schenn and Sunny or at least one of those is ready to go? Do either Walman or Mikkola have option to go to minor or would they need to be waived if one went down?
We are currently at 11 forwards, so either we plan to play short and feel having Perunovich is worth it, or one of Schenn/Sunny/Clifford is ready to return.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I wonder if Schenn is going on IR, with Sunny coming back and SP coming up? Or maybe they'll eventually waive Neal and/or Clifford when everyone is healthy. They may just need to shorten the roster to fit Perunovich.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I wonder if Schenn is going on IR, with Sunny coming back and SP coming up? Or maybe they'll eventually waive Neal and/or Clifford when everyone is healthy. They may just need to shorten the roster to fit Perunovich.
To activate Sunny without making trade seems like we need to send down 2 folks and run 22 man roster. I could see them sending down Kostin for a bit to get him some ice time and let neal or clifford sit in press box.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Saad-O’Reilly-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Buchnevich
Barbashev-Thomas-Tarasenko
Kostin-Bozak-Sundqvist
Neal, Joshua

Scandella-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Perunovich-Bortuzzo
Mikkola/Walman

Binnington
Husso

That roster is cap compliant. Preferably it’s Walman who gets waived, but we’ll see what happens.

Reactions: DatDude44

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hes gonna do what Klingberg did back in 2014/15... 12 pts. in 10 AHL games and then Dallas called him up and he instantly tore it up!!
Or even Gostisbehere when he first came up. I don't like people claiming Makar, Hughes, or Byram when there are more realistic comps that came up and made an instant impact.

One big thing is making the #2 PP more potent. We have enough forwards for 2 deadly PP units, so now when healthy we have Krug and Perunovich as QBs for those units, that's quite an upgrade over Faulk/Parayko. And stylistically, Perunovich will be a more seamless replacement for Krug.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Is it too much to ask for Peronovich to go on a holy tear an win the Calder?
Dear Scott Perunovich,
giphy.gif

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
You guys were right about Walman, excited to see what we have with Perunovich.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
We should give an untested rookie who has never been known for defense Scandella's heavily defensive minutes? That makes no sense. So because he put up a bunch of points in the AHL, we should give him 70+% defensive zone starts?

We should let Parayko defend on his own while Perunovich chases and runs when he already has given up the worst GA/60 of any D on the team? Sorry but I am skipping EA's NHL 22 this yea due to the price hike. That is the only place this strategy would work.
I’m assuming there’s an implication of perunovichs puck moving ability that turns that 70% into 40?

I don’t know, we need to use our 1st + to upgrade on Scandella (hopefully Lindholm) and shelter Scotty on the 3rd pair.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Definitely well-earned. I look forward to seeing him out there. Thought he was good enough in preseason to make the team, but we obviously didn’t want to lose Walman or Mikkola so he lost out on the numbers game. Put him on that Kyrou/Thomas/Buch PP unit and sit back and watch.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Definitely well-earned. I look forward to seeing him out there. Thought he was good enough in preseason to make the team, but we obviously didn’t want to lose Walman or Mikkola so he lost out on the numbers game. Put him on that Kyrou/Thomas/Buch PP unit and sit back and watch.
As soon as Krug is back, Walman will be waived and he will clear.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Scandella has looked terrible this year. Give Peru a look at the top and go from there. He can chase and run while letting Parayko stay at home.
Lol, no. He will start on the third pairing next to Bortuzzo. If he starts tearing it up, he could be moved up.

Reactions: 67Blues

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lol, no. He will start on the third pairing next to Bortuzzo. If he starts tearing it up, he could be moved up.
That’s pretty much how I envision his career if things go right. Serviceable defensively with a strong defensive partner and then do big damage on the PP. Keith Yandle type. I’d be happy with that.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

I wouldn't scoff at the notion of Perunovich being paired with Parayko. Chief and VanRyn like to mix the pairings up. He may not log 22 minutes besides Parayko, but I can assure you that they'll get a look at some point very quickly into his NHL career. A few shifts here and there will give Berube an idea of whether he's up to the task more than being stapled to Bortuzzo's or Mikkola's hip for 30 games.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I wouldn't scoff at the notion of Perunovich being paired with Parayko. Chief and VanRyn like to mix the pairings up. He may not log 22 minutes besides Parayko, but I can assure you that they'll get a look at some point very quickly into his NHL career. A few shifts here and there will give Berube an idea of whether he's up to the task more than being stapled to Bortuzzo's or Mikkola's hip for 30 games.
Is that allowed? Because if we staple him to mikkola would give us 1 heckuva complete defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad