Prospect Info: Scott Perunovich (2018 Draft - 45th overall)

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Slow down. Krug was 21 when he was in A. Perunovich is 23. He MAY be better at creating offense, but let’s see how he does in the show. He will be here soon, I expect.
Yea, that's why I said his high production could be because of age. But let's be honest, the college game vs the AHL is not a 1 to 1 comparison. Also, let's not forget that he missed an entire year of development, so comparing age probably isn't very fair here. Regardless, his production is better than Krug's in their first professional seasons and that's really all we have to go off of.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Top pairing? I don't know if he's ready for that kind of ice time, but he's plenty good enough to be on the 2nd or 3rd pairing. He does similar things to Krug, sure, but just based on his production so far, he is WAY better at creating offense. It could be how the game is now played, the team makeup, age difference, but there's no denying the numbers. In Krug's first year in Providence, he scored 45 points in 63 games. Things COULD change, but currently Perunovich has 18 points in 11 games (a pace of 103 points in 63 games) and he's leading the league in scoring. I wouldn't be against him sitting for like a month longer, but he absolutely should be coming up after Christmas.
I’m talking about what role he would be used in this coming playoffs. It wouldn’t be top pair. Krug will be far more trusted this postseason and he should be. Now maybe Perunovich is a prodigy. Those things happen. But I just said there are facts not yet in evidence at the NHL level under postseason pressure.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I’m talking about what role he would be used in this coming playoffs. It wouldn’t be top pair. Krug will be far more trusted this postseason and he should be. Now maybe Perunovich is a prodigy. Those things happen. But I just said there are facts not yet in evidence at the NHL level under postseason pressure.
I'm in agreement with you, I wouldn't want him playing top pairing units in the playoffs. Unless he learns to defend unbelievably well when he's called up, he should be playing on the 3rd pairing, MAYBE 2nd pairing. I just think it's dumb to get him down there if there aren't any cap problems or roster issues. We lack scoring right now and he could definitely help take away some of those problems. But until we can figure out the cap situation before Sundqvist comes back, Perunovich will probably be sitting in the AHL for awhile, but hopefully not after Christmas.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I think it's reasonable to HOPE, not count on, being our starting #4 D-man during The Playoffs.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Let’s f***ing go.

He deserves NHL time. He is tearing up the AHL so he doesn’t have much left to prove there.

Excited to see the new look defense.

Reactions: shpongle falls

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
7drHiqr.gif

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Welp, it can't hurt at this point. Let's see what the kid can do. If we're gonna allow 30-40 shots per game, we might as well try to just outscore the other team!

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Welp, I said make the cap work and they did. Very much deserving of the callup, and this MIGHT be the writing on the wall for Walman

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Until Perunovich proves he's ready for top 4 minutes, I'd expect him on the 3rd pair. Now, if he starts lighting the league up, I could definitely see Berube adjusting, where he isn't as focused on matchups, but that's only if he believes Krug/Faulk/Parayko/Perunovich can control possession when they are on the ice to the point where a true shutdown pair isn't needed. I'm not sold that a shutdown pair wouldn't be needed.

Reactions: BlueMed

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Scandella has looked terrible this year. Give Peru a look at the top and go from there. He can chase and run while letting Parayko stay at home.

We should give an untested rookie who has never been known for defense Scandella's heavily defensive minutes? That makes no sense. So because he put up a bunch of points in the AHL, we should give him 70+% defensive zone starts?

We should let Parayko defend on his own while Perunovich chases and runs when he already has given up the worst GA/60 of any D on the team? Sorry but I am skipping EA's NHL 22 this yea due to the price hike. That is the only place this strategy would work.

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
Somebody help me out. With all the covid players and injuries we have we were already at 20 players and no extra. So we send 3 down obviously scotty P up, krug and husso. That puts us back to 20 players. But short up front. This makes me wonder if Schenn and Sunny or at least one of those is ready to go? Do either Walman or Mikkola have option to go to minor or would they need to be waived if one went down?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad