Prospect Info: Scott Perunovich (2018 Draft - 45th overall)

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I know Perunovich is on LTIR, but what was his injury?

He's been such a mystery!
He had surgery in March for a wrist injury that effectively ended his season. The re-evaluation period was 8 weeks, so I suspect that this was a soft tissue injury and not a fracture, but I don't think the actual nature of the injury was ever disclosed.

Reactions: Drubilly

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
thank you
1650507601032.gif

• Love
Reactions: ChicagoBlues

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
Reading a lot of negativity towards Perunovich, expect there is a few teams out there with an extra bag of pucks and sticks they could trade to take him off your hands. Personally , I think you have a gem but might take a couple years to get there. Not many rookie dmen out there that step in and turn into Cale Makar.

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
Was reading up on him and injured again, shoulder surgery if I remember right and out 6 more months. I keep thinking he is the future powerplay QB for St. Louis but he can't seem to stay out of the infirmary lol. You have to look pretty hard to find a player with worse luck than Perunovich, Nolan Patrick about the only one coming to mind to me.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Was reading up on him and injured again, shoulder surgery if I remember right and out 6 more months. I keep thinking he is the future powerplay QB for St. Louis but he can't seem to stay out of the infirmary lol. You have to look pretty hard to find a player with worse luck than Perunovich, Nolan Patrick about the only one coming to mind to me.
I know what you're trying to say and I get it, but Perunovich was playing scared. There was no luck involved.

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
I respect your opinion and good info to know but how does a guy have a great college career, dominate the AHL and make it to the big team if playing scared, why would they keep him up at all? I guess I get it somewhat, after so many injuries, you try to play a little more cautious, maybe ease up a bit to not take as many risks but shouldn't that cut down on your injuries, not invite more? Did not see the injury, couldn't find any video on it, hope he turns this around.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I respect your opinion and good info to know but how does a guy have a great college career, dominate the AHL and make it to the big team if playing scared, why would they keep him up at all? I guess I get it somewhat, after so many injuries, you try to play a little more cautious, maybe ease up a bit to not take as many risks but shouldn't that cut down on your injuries, not invite more? Did not see the injury, couldn't find any video on it, hope he turns this around.
He does it by placing his arm out to brace himself for impact instead of eluding the hit with his skating or absorbing the hit.

He is with the big boys now.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Perunovich didn’t brace well for the hit or try to elude the forechecker, but I personally wouldn’t say the most recent injury was necessarily the result of playing scared. Could’ve just as easily been him just being rusty/not up to game speed or something else.

Still, fact remains, he is injured AGAIN and it was the result of a relatively routine play. Still have hope he can carve out a successful NHL career, but I’m much less sure now than I was this time last season unfortunately.

Reactions: Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Perunovich didn’t brace well for the hit or try to elude the forechecker, but I personally wouldn’t say the most recent injury was necessarily the result of playing scared. Could’ve just as easily been him just being rusty/not up to game speed or something else.

Still, fact remains, he is injured AGAIN and it was the result of a relatively routine play. Still have hope he can carve out a successful NHL career, but I’m much less sure now than I was this time last season unfortunately.
IDK, man. Last season there were those times he was all twisted up defending a 2-on-him. He looked scared, so he wound up paralyzed and did nothing. They scored.

Oh yeah! This is the part when I wish him well and all that.

Go Scotty!

Reactions: oldwpgjet

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille