Confirmed with Link: Scott Gomez a San Jose Shark - 1 year $700k

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I think it's more likely we get Katy Perry...

mqdefault.jpg

Cory or nothing.

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
Absolutely not. He's 33 and I don't have any hope that he will ever be a useful player again.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Take away the scar he left on most of this fanbase when he jumped ship to our biggest rival and you wouldn't see all these stupid post about him being a massive turd.

We have zero depth up front and for a fair deal, Gomez would be a solid pickup. Certain posters weren't all that pissed when we signed Barch and Janssen but would be if we signed Gomez?

Go figure.

P.S. Scott Gomez scored less then 50 pts 3 times in his 12 year career. Two of wich happend to be with the god awfull Habs and the other time was in 2001-2002 (48 pts). Anyone who wouldn't take a flyer on a 50 pts guy needs to be checked out IMO.

I agree with this post. Some seem more offended by a player leaving a team than if he ****ed their girlfriend.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I voted no, but it's not a firm no.

I have no lingering grudges or hate for Gomez. That went away a long time ago.

I just really want the Devils to take a different direction with any forwards that are brought in.
As I was saying in another thread, with the cap coming down next season... I'd rather take our chances with what becomes available via trades/waivers/UFAs.

If he gets bought out and brought in for cheap, I won't protest.

I'd just rather someone younger, with the ability to grow into the system
Not a veteran who may very well need to be taught all over again.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really have no confidence in Tedenby. I think I have more confidence in Gomer.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
I'd think we'd all prefer someone younger but right now there aren't many choices to pick from. Our forward prospects at the AHL level aren't really up to scratch. Only option is a trade or bring in someone like Gomez. Could just be used as a stopgap for this season.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Why don't we just trade from our depth on defense (which we need to do) and acquire someone with actual talent, rather than this washed up bum. All he is a name at this point. Besides, don't you think that if Montreal thought he could help them, they would just keep him since they have to pay him anyway?

Plus these reunion tour are generally a waste.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I'd think we'd all prefer someone younger but right now there aren't many choices to pick from. Our forward prospects at the AHL level aren't really up to scratch. Only option is a trade or bring in someone like Gomez. Could just be used as a stopgap for this season.

As teams try to juggle rosters at the end of the week and shed salary towards the trade deadline, I'd rather take a chance on what becomes available than Gomez.

He is, at best, a question mark. We have a bunch of those already on the roster.

But, again, I wouldn't protest if Lou did the most Lou like thing possible and brought him back.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
When is the trade deadline?

I could definitely see the period before that as a test for the defenseman to see which d-men make the cut. If Larsson is scratched or put in the minors, I don't think we're gonna trade any d-men. If he's out there every night and is able to play consistently in a growing pace, I don't see why we would keep all eight. One has to go. Not sure who I would want to see leave, but it will more than likely be one of Tallinder or Volchenkov.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When is the trade deadline?

I could definitely see the period before that as a test for the defenseman to see which d-men make the cut. If Larsson is scratched or put in the minors, I don't think we're gonna trade any d-men. If he's out there every night and is able to play consistently in a growing pace, I don't see why we would keep all eight. One has to go. Not sure who I would want to see leave, but it will more than likely be one of Tallinder or Volchenkov.
I don't think Larsson goes to the AHL unless he's even worse than he was last year after the Subban hit. I think someone will be traded before the deadline. Even Lou said something about ''Let's see where we are after 10 or 20 games in'' or something like that.

Trade deadline isn't until April 5th or around then I think.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
I don't think Larsson goes to the AHL unless he's even worse than he was last year after the Subban hit. I think someone will be traded before the deadline. Even Lou said something about ''Let's see where we are after 10 or 20 games in'' or something like that.

Trade deadline isn't until April 5th or around then I think.

That seems right. Hopefully its a hard choice because they are all doing well. I don't think Larsson will regress either, but hey you never know.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That seems right. Hopefully its a hard choice because they are all doing well. I don't think Larsson will regress either, but hey you never know.
I want one gone at this point so we can carry 14 forwards, and not just 13. I'd be okay with not getting anything good back as long as it was Tallinder. If Fayne or god forbid Greene go(Greene must definitely won't) I'd like something good in return. Tallinder, and Volchenkov you can give away for a pick for all I care.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I don't think Lou is going to play the scratch the top 6 defenseman game all the way to April. He's got to move somebody unless there is an injury soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad