Confirmed with Link: Scott Gomez a San Jose Shark - 1 year $700k

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd hope he'd play for less than $2 million. He'll still be getting all that buyout money, and I'm sure he's filthy rich. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did give him that. I wouldn't be surprised if the Isles offered close to $3 million!:laugh: He won't go there though unless they're the only team to offer him a contract, which won't be the case.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
gomez-5.jpg

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ
What does he care what he gets paid from his new team? He's still going to get his full salary from Montreal. If I were Lou or any GM, I would tell him that you can get the league minimum and a chance to prove that you're still a NHL player.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
What does he care what he gets paid from his new team? He's still going to get his full salary from Montreal. If I were Lou or any GM, I would tell him that you can get the league minimum and a chance to prove that you're still a NHL player.

Pretty much. Should have nothing to do with money. If it does, then he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's what I'm saying! It's either come, and take the cheap deal! Or think about what happens next. Do you wanna play in the NHL again, and take the cheap deal? Or do you wanna go try to find work in Alaska? Or retire?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Take away the scar he left on most of this fanbase when he jumped ship to our biggest rival and you wouldn't see all these stupid post about him being a massive turd.

We have zero depth up front and for a fair deal, Gomez would be a solid pickup. Certain posters weren't all that pissed when we signed Barch and Janssen but would be if we signed Gomez?

Go figure.

P.S. Scott Gomez scored less then 50 pts 3 times in his 12 year career. Two of wich happend to be with the god awfull Habs and the other time was in 2001-2002 (48 pts). Anyone who wouldn't take a flyer on a 50 pts guy needs to be checked out IMO.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure if he'll get 50 points, but I believe he has something left in the tank.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
I didn't want him here when he wasn't totally washed up. Certainly not now. Don't we have enough guys who CAN'T score? He can take his smirk and keep walking...

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
You give Darche the AHLer a shot but not a guy whose proved himself? If he's still a FA in off season if we don't take him, sign him and let him play some preseason games with Elias see if there's a spark

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I didn't want him here when he wasn't totally washed up. Certainly not now. Don't we have enough guys who CAN'T score? He can take his smirk and keep walking...

We also don't have enough guys that can actually bring the puck into the offensive zone.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I'm not sure if he'll get 50 points, but I believe he has something left in the tank.

He's not getting 50 pts in a 48 game season, that's for damn sure but to sign a constant 50 pts player (when playing a 82 game season) would be smart move IMO... and would be 10x smarter then Sykora or anyone else, outside of A. Kostitsyn.

He'd be a free asset on the cheap, in a place where he had the most success. I just don't see the negatives in a situation like this, at all.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I would be like that scene in Boogie Nights when Dirk Diggler returns to do movies with Burt Reynolds again after their fallout. He comes back 4 years later, humbled.

I made my friends watch Boogie Nights for first time recently. They enjoyed it, but I think they missed out on the unexpectedly enjoyable Mark Wahlberg performance. To them, he's been an established actor for years. But back then, we were all thinking "Marky Mark's trying to be an actor now?"

.....anyways, back to Gomez. Even with Henrique out for a couple weeks, I'm not sure Gomez is a solution. At this point, at most I'd offer him a one year, two way contract. If he does well in the AHL, he could earn a spot back to the big leagues (ie, Steve Bernier last year). If Gomez gets a one way offer elsewhere, more power to him.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

This post looks like a bitter bf, who looked "ok", crapping all over his ex cause she left him for a model :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad