Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
From what I can recall, the controversial move Brie Larson made was working with a doctor that studies Inclusion Data to try and make a positive difference in having more diversity in the industry.

For this she was attacked incessantly by alt-right trolls and her movie was "review-bombed" on rotten tomatoes before it was released. The same type of trolls that were responsible for #Gamergate.

Chris Evans has been even more outspoken about everything, including diversity, but was never attacked by alt-right trolls. I wonder why?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not edgy at all. If someone goes out of their way to constantly complain about a certain demographic then they're going to get a certain reaction. She got the exact reaction she wanted.

Anyone advocating for diversity strictly for the sake of diversity is doing the opposite of what they're supposed to want. Race/gender is supposed to not matter at all. Saying we need more of x and less of y is the exact opposite of that.

As far as the "alt-right trolls" go and what happened there, I don't know. I don't follow it and I don't support it. I'm only speaking about what I've personally seen her say and the way she came off. I also didn't follow anything about gamergate and I couldn't even tell you what it was .

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not edgy at all. If someone goes out of their way to constantly complain about a certain demographic then they're going to get a certain reaction. She got the exact reaction she wanted.

Anyone advocating for diversity strictly for the sake of diversity is doing the opposite of what they're supposed to want. Race/gender is supposed to not matter at all. Saying we need more of x and less of y is the exact opposite of that.

As far as the "alt-right trolls" go and what happened there, I don't know. I don't follow it and I don't support it. I'm only speaking about what I've personally seen her say and the way she came off. I also didn't follow anything about gamergate and I couldn't even tell you what it was .

What demographic did she go after that offended you?

No one should champion diversity because race/sex shouldnt matter at all? You cant actually be this naive?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
New schedule:

92578144_10157627858391633_6494449924074110976_o.jpg
Where the hell is blade or marvels knights with bernthal as the punisher?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
What demographic did she go after that offended you?

No one should champion diversity because race/sex shouldnt matter at all? You cant actually be this naive?
Saying that someone needs to be in a position and forcing them into said position is saying that they were not qualified to be in that position in the first place and that they are only there because you forced them there.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
i just felt the movie..along with Black Panther were kinda...well dull

in other news..has anyone watched this season of Westworld? Has it been any good?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
After a very mediocre episode last week, this week Westworld brought it's A game. That was incredible. Tessa Thompson deserves some kind of award, because she's carrying the damn show lately.

I really wish Jeffrey Wright had more to do, though.

Reactions: baudib1

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I don't know who needs to hear this, but the truth is Paul Atreides is just a minor villain in the grand scheme of the Dune universe.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Ive only seen the 1st episode of S3 so far. How has the season been?

It's Westworld. It can be hella uneven but it is consistently entertaining and sometimes it's just plain great and unlike anything else on TV. Last night's episode was one of those times. It's definitely worth a watch if you were into the first 2 seasons.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
After a very mediocre episode last week, this week Westworld brought it's A game. That was incredible. Tessa Thompson deserves some kind of award, because she's carrying the damn show lately.

I really wish Jeffrey Wright had more to do, though.

Good to hear. I haven't watched last nights episode yet. I loved the first 2 this season but the last 2 were a bit slow and meandering.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Is bernthal going to continue to be the punisher in the mcu? He’s an awesome actor and a badass punisher it’d be a travesty if we had seen the last of him.

Rumor is Spiderman 3 will have Charlie Cox's Daredevil in it because Spiderman will need a lawyer. Not confirmed...but given their history in the comics, marvels recent trend of team ups, Peter needing a new mentor, and marvel's push for diversity (DD being blind)...it makes a ton of sense. I think Cox would become a fan favorite overnight on the big stage.

If Daredevil continues, I see no reason Bernthals punisher cant.

I am probably setting myself ip for disappointment. Disney will insist they use She Hulk.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I want to watch that whole series again from the beginning, but the stupid internet out here is too weak to stream Disney+

Disney+ has admitted that their servers were not ready for the demand and they have had trouble keeping up. Here in the UK they took something like 40% of their titles off line to try to keep their servers up

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad