Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I-III are about the worst films I've ever seen.

I tend to agree with Reb here. I think Daisy and Driver are two of the better actors this franchise has ever seen and it's too bad there wasn't better material for them.

Ultimately I decided years ago that Star Wars was just a thing targeted at 10-year-olds and wanting a more sophisticated storyline was asking too much.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The greatest Sith Lord there ever was.
If this conspiracy theory panned out, the prequels would have gained some merit.

I remember seeing a really comprehensive theory posted after Attack of the Clones and thought it would have been the saving grace of Episode III, even though everyone knew it was never going to happen.

Reactions: Defect

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
writing in the new ones was indeed awful. Rey was far too strong, Finn misused, Poe was really just a stand-in for Wedge and they made Kylo far too emo

but yeah i have seen Driver in other things..dude is good. Only other person i have seen in something else is Boyega

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Speaking of lining pockets, the sequels were an even bigger shameless cash grab than the prequels.
Aint this the truth. I dont think the force awakens was all that bad, (production quality was excellent on all 3) but it was largely a new hope repackaged for a new generation.

But the movies, asides from starring the same cast, have like zero continuity with themselves.

This doesnt seem to be actually all that uncommon though anymore.

I guess thats why I like BB and BCS so much, they managed, through their entirety (so far with BCS) to actually be cohesive stories. Seems to be rare in serialized tv/cinema these days.

The general entertainment model these days:

Last edited:
Reactions: Striiker

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Was disappointed by the Picard finale, but I enjoyed most of the season.

see i felt, for the most part, the opposite...i found the last 3 episodes to be the better episodes, with its faults, but ultimatelt the season as a whole was very..average...well save the Riker episodes

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
disappointingly...2 movies i was looking forward to actually going to the theater to see have been pushed back to next year...Ghostbusters and Morbius

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
disappointingly...2 movies i was looking forward to actually going to the theater to see have been pushed back to next year...Ghostbusters and Morbius

Yeah looks like Sony pushed its entire slate of tentpole films to the 1st half of 2021.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No question.

Looking back across the trilogy he did such a fantastic job building that character.

It was pointed out that he essentially wore his face as a dead, emotionless mask in the first two films. He doesn't show actual real human emotions until the end of Ep 9. It's like Kylo Ren was wearing Ben Solo, and after he rejects that persona and Ben is back he's himself again. I rewatched that trilogy the other week when Beefette was rolling through the entire series and paying attention to Driver with that stuff in mind is fascinating. He brings rewatch value singlehandedly. I know that both he and Rey are essentially the main characters, but the job he did ends up making him my favorite character by being most interesting.

I also don't get why people are bummed that he died. Like with Vader, what the hell do people think any realistic, non-fanfic ending could there possibly be? Dude is Space Hitler running a military made of kidnapped children. Space Nuremberg would have been his fate.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I also don't get why people are bummed that he died. Like with Vader, what the hell do people think any realistic, non-fanfic ending could there possibly be? Dude is Space Hitler running a military made of kidnapped children. Space Nuremberg would have been his fate.

Space Mussolini, at worst.;) All that first order stuff was Palp's idea.

I wouldn't say I was bummed over Kylo's death but to me it made way more sense for Rey to be the one sacrificed for the greater good. That way she could tragically but emphatically end the emperor's lineage, while redeemed Kylo could shape whatever happened next while being the actual last Skywalker.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
New schedule:

92578144_10157627858391633_6494449924074110976_o.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hopefully the delay will give them time to make sure the next Captain Marvel doesn't suck as much as the first one did. She (Brie) deserves better than that slop.

The biggest mistake was hiring very inexperienced directors.

They won't be back for the sequel thankfully.

I didn't think it terrible, but I did find it dissapointing, and I am very lenient on the MCU movies.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad