Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
OK, I just finished the Whirlwind Maze in FF7 and watched about 15 minutes of cut scenes about Cloud being a clone or something.

Can someone give me a spoiler free as possible summary of what just happened?

I think Cloud isn't really a person or something, and he's a Mako creation that Sephiroth is manipulating. And now there's some giant robot dragon thing? Weapon?

I will PM you

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I tried to get into Midnight Gospel... I think the animation is way too choppy :/

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Seems like a pretty big actor to just waste wearing the armor, I’m guessing we get Cobb Vanth and not actually Boba. Likely Morrison playing Rex and maybe an unarmored Boba trying to get his armor back.

I’m guessing he’s not playing boba fett and just has his armor. Love Timothy olyphant

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Pawn of Prophecy Limited Edition

Ways wanted to get into Eddings.

I was thinking about going back and reading those, too. I can tell you that they are completely derivative crap (I started the first one when it was about a year old), but I have this feeling that now that all these years have passed it wouldn't be so bad, as a kind of junk entertainment. Almost every single fantasy series since the 80s has done everything it could to distinguish itself from Tolkien clones, so it might be nice to go back and read something shamelessly cloney. (I don't know for a fact that it is - I just remember that was my first impression, along with the fact that it was poorly written.)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Have you ever seen one of LotR? I wouldn't mind having one of those. I was thinking of which books I'd like to have special editions of, and there are quite a few more than I thought there would be. I thought there would be 0, because I think it's mostly a waste of money, but I might be changing my mind.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Have you ever seen one of LotR? I wouldn't mind having one of those. I was thinking of which books I'd like to have special editions of, and there are quite a few more than I thought there would be. I thought there would be 0, because I think it's mostly a waste of money, but I might be changing my mind.
Lemme do some digging. I did some digging for my friend a while back when he wanted to add to his personal library but he got turned off cause there's not a matching set he likes of all of Tolkien's works.

Easton Press
Tolkien's Classics

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Lemme do some digging. I did some digging for my friend a while back when he wanted to add to his personal library but he got turned off cause there's not a matching set he likes of all of Tolkien's works.

Easton Press
Tolkien's Classics

See, I don't think I like those that much. They are obviously nice and well made, but it's just not my bag. I'd rather have paperbacks.

Reactions: Chinatown88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad