Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Not sci-fi but has anyone seen Fear Street 1994 on Netflix yet. Heard from a few people about it and there was no inbetween, they either said it was great or total trash.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Not sci-fi but has anyone seen Fear Street 1994 on Netflix yet. Heard from a few people about it and there was no inbetween, they either said it was great or total trash.

Trash, but kinda fun. I’m definitely slightly more interested than indifferent

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't know what you are yelling for. I knew all of that when you were still in diapers.
I HAD A CAFFEINATED COFFEE ON ACCIDENT

9RHF.gif

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
LIKE JESUS CHRIST ON A CRACKER, HOW f***ING STUPID ARE ALL THE HUMANS IN THAT MOVIE? THEY DESERVE TO BE ERADICATED!
"Yo dawgs, we are from the future. In 30 years an alien race will appear and begin exterminating humanity extremely quickly. We are almost extinct."

"Oh, that's terrible. How can we prepare? What should we do to get ready for their arrival?"

"Prepare? f*** THAT NOISE, SEND US ALL YOUR COMPLETELY UNTRAINED MIDDLE AGED CIVILIANS AS CANNON FODDER!"

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The space time continuum for that movie had then restricted to only being able to send people who died before being the time they are sent into the future.
I assume they started with trained, then able bodied males, then able bodied females, then anyone that fits the description.
Which is fine. Spend 30 years preparing instead of sending a fat man in a chef suit.

And anyway, they said IN THE MOVIE that the estimated population is less than 500,000 in 2051. That's like 99.9999 percent of humans. You could pretty safely send just about anybody.

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
It's also got some of the most heavy handed setups of all time, which is doubly annoying since they had a few that were done well.

They had the tv in Chris Pratt's classroom saying something about climate change and ice melting or something. That's good.

Then they had the whole class of children yell VOLCANOES and I could only wonder how that would come back up later.

When Pratt goes to visit J.K. Simmons, they focused on the C-130 on the runway as he drove by. That was great.

Then J.K. Simmons goes "HEY DIDJA KNOW MY EMPLOYER HAS A C-130" about 2 minutes later.

And so much other stuff just falls apart if you think about it too much. Like the doohickey they put on people's arms to teleport them. Why do they need a whole hangar and equipment to transport people to the future, but the armband will send them back automatically? (and that's only if it determines if they're still alive. What happens to people who get their left arms blown off? We saw plenty of amputees at the PTSD meeting. Are they just stuck in the future?)

Last edited:

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
It really seems like the streaming services are struggling with movies. Which has me very worried for Old Man's War.

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Not sure what happened to spoilering your shit in here. Spoiler your shit in here.
Shit has been spoilered. Sorry about that, I got caught up ranting about something that annoyed me.

But Starship Troopers was a pretty brilliant subversive satire. People just didnt realize it at the time. Now its a cult classic.

Starship Troopers' Secret Meaning Explained: What It Was Really About
I find it hard to believe that people didn't get Starship Troopers was satire. They laid it on pretty thick.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad