Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I wasn’t impressed with the series but the last three episodes were alright.
We have this lock down eyes here people there nothings getting in. Blue dude casually strolls down the middle of the avenue. Where’d he come from??
The mods were low level water thieves but yet are experts with their laser derringers. Freetown comes to the rescue by driving the speeder past a bunch of fortified positions and stopping by the mandos. Ok I can get behind that. But then they all get behind it two. That cluster is a dude with a grenades dream.
Then the mods come to the rescue by rushing right there too.
Fett spent no time with the rancor but suddenly rides it like a pro.
This is my town I’ll die to protect it. And destroy it in the process.
just a ton of head scratching decisions on the episode.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
FLL5jrHWUAYmajm.jpg:large

Star Wars Rebels spoiler
I hope the Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan rematch shows up at some point

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
it’s weird that Rodriguez’s work in the 90’s is so much better than his more recent stuff.

It's not, though - he caught the eye with "El Mariachi" basically because of the promise of some refinement, and it never came. He has always been awful. And I WANT to like the motherf***er, but his work is trash.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don’t say this with any type of exaggeration. The “biker gang” may be the worst thing that’s ever been apart of Star Wars. Just ridiculous.

The lack of even basic competence in filming that ambush and most of what followed was very, very distracting. Like if everything else were cool - like advancing the story of anyone, or revealing anything, or just having been written well - I could probably ignore it for the most part. But even that basic kind of shit was just terrible. It really pissed me off quite a bit lol

And that King Kong shit ... I can't even.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I love Mandalorian Season 1, but its legacy will be the utter degradation of Star Wars media in giving Favreau free reign and empowering Filonis worst impulses in fanservice. TBOBF was absolutely awful. They were too worried about exciting reveals rather than telling a compelling (or even remotely interest in story). It also looks incredibly cheap production wise, Mos Espa looked like it had 1000 citizens max (also is Boba stupid how tf are you gonna take over Jabbas territory yet only hire 4 guys lmao), the action scenes looked like a bad fan film (much like Rodriguezs Mando S2 episode), the Volume does not work well in an urban setting (there is a very clear dividing line where the empty foreground meets the busy background)

Luke, Ahsoka, Grogu, and Din should not have been in it at all, Cad Bane should have been the villain from day one, have flashbacks to the unfinished Clone Wars arc and tie it to the current day story so the general audience has a reason to care about their confrontation. Bring back bobas crew from TCW, have some side with Bane. Theres so much they could have done rather than have boba f*** around for 4 episodes doing nothing, then get sidelined for the next two, then walk ass backwards into winning a battle against a multi planetary crime syndicate with a 16 person crew.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I love Mandalorian Season 1, but its legacy will be the utter degradation of Star Wars media in giving Favreau free reign and empowering Filonis worst impulses in fanservice. TBOBF was absolutely awful. They were too worried about exciting reveals rather than telling a compelling (or even remotely interest in story). It also looks incredibly cheap production wise, Mos Espa looked like it had 1000 citizens max (also is Boba stupid how tf are you gonna take over Jabbas territory yet only hire 4 guys lmao), the action scenes looked like a bad fan film (much like Rodriguezs Mando S2 episode), the Volume does not work well in an urban setting (there is a very clear dividing line where the empty foreground meets the busy background)

Luke, Ahsoka, Grogu, and Din should not have been in it at all, Cad Bane should have been the villain from day one, have flashbacks to the unfinished Clone Wars arc and tie it to the current day story so the general audience has a reason to care about their confrontation. Bring back bobas crew from TCW, have some side with Bane. Theres so much they could have done rather than have boba f*** around for 4 episodes doing nothing, then get sidelined for the next two, then walk ass backwards into winning a battle against a multi planetary crime syndicate with a 16 person crew.

You are obviously more positive about it than I am. Great post.

Reactions: Lord Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad