Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I have not read the comics and I just finished the season. I’m. It understanding why Atom Eve is not considered the strongest hero on the planet even over Omni-Man. Couldn’t she rearrange his atoms to make him human or a puddle of ooze or just wink out of existence?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Oh come on! This is killing me, someone respond that has a little more insight to my question so I’m not just scratching my head here.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I made it through half of one episode of Shadow & Bone and bailed. I can tell it's not for me.
I watched it in one sitting (only because I was basically immobile for all of Monday) and I gotta say, it was a great spite watch. Everything is just SO contrived. Like, to pick a moment you probably saw before quitting, the scene where Karry Everpotter goes into the Fold and the random redshirt soldier lights a torch which attracts the monsters. It doesn't make any f***ing sense. You would think that they would only assign people who wouldn't panic 30 seconds into the trip, or, you know, confiscate anything capable of making fire before they launch, but no. As soon as things go dark, this random starts lighting shit up, because they need the boat to get attacked so they can show off how dangerous the creatures are and so the Chosen One™ can discover her power and kick off the plot for real. So f***ing stupid.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I watched it in one sitting (only because I was basically immobile for all of Monday) and I gotta say, it was a great spite watch. Everything is just SO contrived. Like, to pick a moment you probably saw before quitting, the scene where Karry Everpotter goes into the Fold and the random redshirt soldier lights a torch which attracts the monsters. It doesn't make any f***ing sense. You would think that they would only assign people who wouldn't panic 30 seconds into the trip, or, you know, confiscate anything capable of making fire before they launch, but no. As soon as things go dark, this random starts lighting shit up, because they need the boat to get attacked so they can show off how dangerous the creatures are and so the Chosen One™ can discover her power and kick off the plot for real. So f***ing stupid.
That part is highly realistic. I’ve seen people coming OUT of highly sensitive situations realizing after they fact that they had items on them that could have killed a good bit of people with no effort on their part.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
So I just finished Path of Daggers - Book 8 of WoT. I'm afraid to click on any link about the TV series since I already semi-spoiled myself on something by doing something similar. When is the TV series expected to start? I would like to finish all of the books by then, but I don't know how realistic that is.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
So I just finished Path of Daggers - Book 8 of WoT. I'm afraid to click on any link about the TV series since I already semi-spoiled myself on something by doing something similar. When is the TV series expected to start? I would like to finish all of the books by then, but I don't know how realistic that is.

Currently purported to be released this year, but no date is out. It seems that filming is complete though.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Currently purported to be released this year, but no date is out. It seems that filming is complete though.

Check out the wiki blurb:

"The Wheel of Time follows Moiraine, a member of the powerful, all-woman organization of channelers (magic users) called the Aes Sedai, who takes a group of five young people from their home village following an attack by the forces of the Dark One, an evil entity who seeks to destroy the Pattern (Existence). Among these five, she believes one might be the reincarnation of the Dragon, an ancient hero and powerful channeler who is prophesied either to save the world or destroy it."

It follows MOIRAINE. This could be ... painful.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It should take several seasons to get to where you currently are in the books, so I wouldn't worry about that.

What I would worry about is how much of a slog the next three books are going to be for you. :laugh:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Check out the wiki blurb:

"The Wheel of Time follows Moiraine, a member of the powerful, all-woman organization of channelers (magic users) called the Aes Sedai, who takes a group of five young people from their home village following an attack by the forces of the Dark One, an evil entity who seeks to destroy the Pattern (Existence). Among these five, she believes one might be the reincarnation of the Dragon, an ancient hero and powerful channeler who is prophesied either to save the world or destroy it."

It follows MOIRAINE. This could be ... painful.

minor spoiler for focus of first book
You could see her as the main char there since she is the window to a whole new larger world for all the younger chars even though the main char is actually Rand.

Some of the blurbs and marketing on the tv series seems like they are presenting something a "focus" that isnt how the books were written TBH.

in terms of beyond book 1 spoiler
It would be a pretty massive rewrite for her to remain the main char at all

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
JFC. Here's something we all know is true but, damn, don't admit it out loud.

ITcSPLt.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's just unthinkable that you know you are going to do 3 movies....and don't pre-plan how those movies are going to go and entail.

I guess it's just further proof that just because you are a professional at something(like a hockey coach), means you know what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad