Rumor: Schmaltz trade talks heating up?

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
This is blatant tanking by a team and should NOT be allowed by the NHL. But we all know the NHL will never want to admit failure with Arizona...

How can a team trade away good mid 20s player with term like Schmaltz and Chychrun....they want to ice an AHL team in the NHL? Crouse has been mentioned of being available for an overpaymet too
The coyotes have the same amount of points as the Canucks lmao

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
And if Vancouver dumps Boesser can Coyote fans say the same about Vancouver?
Not even close to the same thing...If Vancouver trades Hughes, Demko and Pettersson you would have a case

And traded away their captain and are "reportedly" looking to trade Miller and Demko.
While retaining their best players in EP and QH....but okay nice try! Ain't no team trading for Demko until he shows he is healthy and plays in some NHL games

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
The coyotes have the same amount of points as the Canucks lmao
Canucks have played most of the season with AHL goalies and AHL quality D...that is a recipe for disaster when you play in the best hockey league in the world...

Is Vancouver trying to trade younger players with term like Arizona is...NO you do NOT see Vancouver sitting out Hughes or Pettersson

And traded away their captain and are "reportedly" looking to trade Miller and Demko.
Traded a captain who wanted to be paid like a top line player when HOBO had eclipsed 60pts once in his career and 1 30 g year prior to this season...his contract season

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
While retaining their best players in EP and QH....but okay nice try! Ain't no team trading for Demko until he shows he is healthy and plays in some NHL games
Isn't AZ retaining their best player in Keller?

Your team has no better record than AZ and is looking to sell off assets. Quit whining about other teams tanking.

Last edited:

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Would love the Jets to swing for both Schmaltz and Chychrun in a package deal. Would a package of 23 1st, 24 2nd, Heinola, Lambert, Stanley and Gustafsson be on any interest?

• Haha
Reactions: hn777 and Kaizen

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I mean...Canucks and Coyotes both suck something fierce right now. I of course am hoping the Canucks suck worse to close out the season, but hey, what do I know.

They suck in different ways though. The Canucks have spared no expense bringing in overpaid, redundant players, and Arizona has tried, continuously, to cheap on concerning contracts. Vancouver has a ton of expensive forwards (3.5+/season in cap hit) while Arizona runs with a multitude of less expensive forwards. Vancouver's top three D make 20/28 million, where as Arizona's combined top six make 15.5/17 million, so Arizona is more spread out. Goaltending is actually pretty even, considering. The Canucks are only under the cap ceiling due to the LTIR, Arizona are only above the cap floor due to picking up players that have clearly played their last games, but not using the LTIR. Both are with in the rules, and frankly I think both violate the point of the cap to me. Vancouver has ownership, that while probably desperate to milk this franchise for every penny, repeatedly claims he wants to win but over pays players and exclusively hires losers, Boudreau not withstanding. Arizona meanwhile is much more concerned about the coming in under budget, very clearly at the expense the on ice product.

I think by these metrics, Arizona is the more successful franchise here, as they are achieving goals they have set out, as much as I disagree with those goals. Vancouver mean while is less successful, as clearly defined goals have continuously wiped out trying to acheive them.

TL/DR:

Don't worry, lads, we both suck, but for very different reasons.

Also, send Schmaltz to Vancouver, in a low key effort to help bankrupt the Aquilinis.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
You heard him, everyone in the pool!
As someone who grew up in Chilliwack, good go no. The world is not ready to see that town on display.
Also, yes. But hell, every town, city, village and burrow is like that. If 32 NHL teams bring all those millionaires to town, though, the cost of property and basic survival will just push everything up to Hope, where no one will be able to survive either.

Reactions: ratbid

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Not even close to the same thing...If Vancouver trades Hughes, Demko and Pettersson you would have a case

Since when did Hughes and Pettersson turn 27?

Magonus1703

May 3, 2017
This is blatant tanking by a team and should NOT be allowed by the NHL. But we all know the NHL will never want to admit failure with Arizona...

How can a team trade away good mid 20s player with term like Schmaltz and Chychrun....they want to ice an AHL team in the NHL? Crouse has been mentioned of being available for an overpaymet too
Aahh... It's always funny to see NHL fans demoralizing other teams for the exact same things their team is doing. Canucks just traded away Horvat and are shopping Demko, Miller, Boeser and who else.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If Perfetti is out for any extended time, there is even more pressure on Chevy to acquire a top 6 player. One with term is the only way I see him giving up his 1st round pick. If the Coyotes are going to trade good players with term though you'd expect them to want significant returns on them. Draft picks and prospects for when the team either leaves Phoenix or gets a new arena for more than 4 000 fans to be excited about the team being prospectively good.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad