Scheifele suspended 4 Games

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
4 games is not enough, but it makes a weak team even weaker, so we’ll take it.

maybe, just maybe, scheifele comes back in time to take a few shots off the jaw before elimination.... either way.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Translation from that Winnipeg mod post: if you don't 100% agree with us then you are automatically branded a troll, even if your posts are thoughtful, respectful and logical

Why even bother posting on the Jets’s forum?

All these team forums are predictable AF — they all think their players can do no wrong or there is an angle whereby their attacked player can be absolved, where punishment is an overreach and there is nothing anyone can do to change that.

Do yourself a favor and just read their garbage and laugh it out here. At least here, you get to share your POV with the good guys, the only ones that truly matter. :D

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

All these team forums are predictable AF — they all think their players can do no wrong or there is an angle whereby their attacked player can be absolved, where punishment is an overreach and there is nothing anyone can do to change that.

Do yourself a favor and just read their garbage and laugh it out here. At least here, you get to share your POV with the good guys, the only ones that truly matter. :D
LIKE!!

Reactions: Runner77

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Good job. For added shits and giggles, I’d have a second promotional product that I’d call « Figritos » and I’d thrown in a Sportsnet logo in there and something their delusional fans might say, such as « dynasty-like » sour taste.
notworthy.gif

Reactions: Runner77

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
His feet were not on the ground on the pic I posted? Can you show me what you mean?

The NHL did a good job of explaining why that hit was wrong. It was charging that lead to a player with a concussion, and, unfortunately, being taken off on a stetcher (Hopefully Jake Evans has a full recovery). It’s a hit that doesn’t belong in the NHL. Video of the NHL’s explanation in the below tweet:

Other former NHL figures had opinions as well:

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Dirty hits yes.......still doesn't change the fact every fan likes hard hits......it's a fine line from a hard hit to a dirty one sometimes ....and this was one of them......was charging, but if Evans doesn't get knocked out and gets up only little shaken, all that happens is a scrum and a fight maybe....our guy got hurt we want justice .......if reversed there's no doubt we'd see things differently....... nevertheless though it is what it is .......incident and NHL ruling is done with......I for one wish hard hitting hockey never goes away but players bigger and faster than ever, only matter of time before body checking will be banned and only contact to be made will be rub outs along the boards

You hit it right on the head there. Guys are bigger, stronger, faster. And the equipment is also different. If u remove the hard plastic shoulder pads, it's likely guys wouldn't even want to hit as hard.

Anyways my point is the game has changed drastically. I think the removal of the two line pass rule, it has only sped up the game even more.

So to me, removing hitting from the game DOES make sense in the long run. Watching skilled players like on Tampa is way more exciting than seeing a guy getting sent to the hospital anyways.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Considering he was crying about people harassing is family, but at the same time never took any responsibility and stick to is story about trying to prevent a goal, not loading up for the hit just brace for impact, and he had a clean history... I lost all respect because it is clear that he conceded the goal to try to obliterate Evans. Going out of your way to try hurting someone is fawk up.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Wait we aren't allowed to go over to the Jets board to post but they come over here? I took a quick peak on there board and they are just out right bashing the fan base which is fine but don't come over here trying to start shit when your shitty fragile mods wont let us post on the Jets side. So kindly f*** off Jets fans :)

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
I watched and rewatched again and again and I just can't believe how a sound normal human being can't see that this was deliberate and thought through!

Now.. I keep reading that he couldn't of do anything else because of 0.2 0.3 seconds or whatever bogus number people are relating for his actions is abysmal to say the least..

The guy starts gliding at ~20miles/hour give or take and hold and behold... It took him almost 2 seconds from gliding to hitting! That's not 0.2 seconds folks! Loll

Therefore his intentions were clear and consise.. He went with the hit without even thinking about changing his mind.. 2 seconds people! That's plenty of time for the brain to tell the body to modify its course..

He did not go for the puck at ALL!

He deserved more imo no matter if it's his first or 20th incident..

I never shot anyone even less held a gun in my hand.. If I shoot someone, what do you think will happen to me? Loll

People just baffles my mind sometimes.. Unbelievable yet they exist..

Just my 2 cents!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Yeah, on other forums, their players can do no wrong and, on this forum, our players can do no good. Where are the forums where an actual middle ground exists?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I welcome Jet fans here who are willing to discuss the play in a civil manner. I take their view with a big grain of salt because I understand their biased towards their player and losing Mark may just seel their fate, but we are not to blame, the league is not to blame, the blame falls solely on MS.

I find it’s incredible in 2021 that the just bleed crowd still finds these types of hits acceptable with all the knowledge gained on concussions/CTE and brain trauma in general.

We don’t need to ban them because they banned us if they are coming here to discuss the topic civilly. We are better than that here IMO.

Imho 4 games is a complete joke if the NHL actually cares about player safety. This hit was brutal and avoidable with the soul intention of “sending a message” for game 2. It can’t and shouldn’t be tolerated.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
The NHL did a good job of explaining why that hit was wrong. It was charging that lead to a player with a concussion, and, unfortunately, being taken off on a stetcher (Hopefully Jake Evans has a full recovery). It’s a hit that doesn’t belong in the NHL. Video of the NHL’s explanation in the below tweet:

Other former NHL figures had opinions as well:

Just trying to start a discussion with some sort of rational talk. If I cant get some one to agree his feet were on the ground at the point of contact with a picture with his feet clearly on the ground I'm not sure this is a place for rational discussion.

Habs are playing great. Good luck.

Reactions: Native

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I welcome Jet fans here who are willing to discuss the play in a civil manner. I take their view with a big grain of salt because I understand their biased towards their player and losing Mark may just seel their fate, but we are not to blame, the league is not to blame, the blame falls solely on MS.

I find it’s incredible in 2021 that the just bleed crowd still finds these types of hits acceptable with all the knowledge gained on concussions/CTE and brain trauma in general.

We don’t need to ban them because they banned us if they are coming here to discuss the topic civilly. We are better than that here IMO.

Imho 4 games is a complete joke if the NHL actually cares about player safety. This hit was brutal and avoidable with the soul intention of “sending a message” for game 2. It can’t and shouldn’t be tolerated.

How would our fans base reacted to the same hit from Scheifele to Auston Mattews? Honest answer please. Here lies the problem. I would say for easily 95% of the fans (of all teams) players safety is relevant only when the victim is a player of their own team. As long as this will not change the seriousness of the NHL toward players safety wont change. I've seen countless of time CH fans argue with me that a similar hit to the one Scheifele made to Evans was a hockey play.

The NRL (rugby league) in Australia regularly bans between 2 to 5 players every week. You can see how much more serious they are about it here : Round 13 charges: Storm pair facing bans

Last edited:
Reactions: Walrus26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad